What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woozie was a great character. As well as having a variety of missions, his character design is quite unique, and makes him memorable. Plus, he did have several good jokes. I liked the one where he’s complaining to Carl as to why he’s losing to him in a card game, yet he’s able to beat his employees at it.

At first, my favourite character was Big Smoke, primarily because he came up with some of the most memorable and funny moments within the game, and his “chill” approach to life made him more unique than the rest of the gang, at first. However, he disappears way too soon, which somewhat kills my interest in him. Plus, his conflict with CJ wasn’t developed enough for me to buy it.

Now, I think my favourite character is also Woozie, although Carlos is a close second for me, because of the fact that he’s always had CJ’s back, and that even though he appears to be a tough person, he’s still appears to be a good person.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, they did a really good job with Caesar, but I do agree about Smoke. I get Smoke's motivations behind betraying everyone, but I don't get his total hatred of CJ at the end.

Another line I love was when you were doing one fo the Toreno missions and Toreno says, "Once you get in there I can't help you." Carl asks, "Can you help me now?" And Toreno answers, "Um... no."

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Made it to Evergrande City in Pokèmon Emerald

• Like Like x 3
  4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Going for my first speedrun with Nier.

I don’t like it, not my thing. Messed up my head and have been wanting to rush other things throughout the day from it. lol

It’s story is one of the most beautiful ones I’ve enjoyed through gaming , will never forget it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just finished Destroy All Humans. The final boss battle was as much of a pain in the ass as I remember it being. Ugh. It was a fun game and I really wanted to Platinum it, but I just suck so much on the challenges that that isn't going to be possible.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    At the halfway point in Paper Mario. Sailing the Great Sea and having a bit of Windwaker nostalgia. I'm surprised they didn't throw in a reference or two.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Crystalis-General Kelbesque wrecked my sorry ass. I'd forgotten what a pain he can be.

Adventure of Link-doing some last minute leveling before I head to the Great Palace. I hate the lava caves.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Accomplished my first speedrun with Nier.
    You only need to do it in under 15 hours for the achievement/trophy.

Did it in under 7 hours. Yay
    F79897D2-8FD5-42D4-895C-9788B88AC1FF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Zelda II-I'm in the Great Palace. Its been a long time since I've gotten here on my GBA copy, before it started crashing. So my memory is kinda fuzzy about which way to go.

I remembered some stuff, like the fire bird to the left, the bots with the false floor and the empty bridge, but I'm taking slowly with an extra save state in case I don't remember the way.

I still got 5 lives left anyway. Lost one to the lava field and one after I entered the palace.

I know there is a false floor that'll drop me where I need to be. And I think there's a Link Doll somewhere, but I don't remember where.

This may be one of my top 10 hated Zelda dungeons, but I can't deny it has great music and atmosphere.

Brings back memories of sitting in the dark, with the music low, trying to beat it late at night as a kid.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  10. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I don't know if I'm lucky, just that good, or a combination of both.
    In Horizon Zero Dawn last night, I came across a large area filled with enemies I had to get through. I snuck past most of them, but I kept encountering an annoying "You can't go any farther" message, indicating I apparently couldn't go beyond the game's artificial boundaries (even though it looked like I could), which is extremely immersion-breaking. This forced me to have to get past a very dangerous Corruptor to enter the next area. Well, after sneaking that far, and with no save point in sight, I knew I had to find a way to sneak past it too, or I would die very quickly and have to do it all again. One well-placed rock throw distracted the huge machine, and I ran past it. Success!

Then the next area featured my first encounter with a Deathbringer, a heavily-armed but immobile machine. I quietly dispatched every other human and robot enemy, spent time studying the Deathbringer's weapons and weaknesses...then apparently through sheer luck, stumbled into the perfect spot to hide just as it saw me. Even if I came out to shoot it, part of its arsenal was blocked by a rock face to my right. All I had to do was hide briefly until it overheated and exposed its weak points, then come out and use my Precision Arrows while still somewhat protected. After all the buildup, that thing went down in less than 5 minutes, while I had very little health loss. Skill or luck? I don't know :p 

Brings back nightmares for me :D 
    Just getting to that palace is hard. Then the palace itself is hard. Whenever I actually got to Thunderbird, I was always so low on life and magic that I had no chance. Hence the reason I never finished Zelda II.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

In Pokèmon Emerald, I'm in Victory Road. I'm mostly grinding near the entrance, because I really need to level up my Pokèmon.

• Like Like x 2
  12. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Breath of the wild

Still mostly exploring. Heading north west of the guerdo desert. About halfway to the last of the main quest regions, at least I can see the shrines in this area.

Got both tech labs going, finished all of the rune upgrades and I'm recalling memories. The ancient armor seems like it's going to take some time.

Bought a house and registered a horse.

Found someone selling shock arrows so I could skip dealing with the beast but I think that might be where I find the trident.

Did more of the main zora main quest. Getting in was a pretty decent action sequence. The puzzle portion was fun, took me a minute to realize the map controlled the trunk movement. Can't beat the Gannon wraith, switching between the rune and arrow and then having to swim over to deal damage all while replacing breaking equipment and choosing meals.... Hopefully I find better gear.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Noble1skull

Noble1skull Tra nsforme rs

Bloodborne! It's hell, but to me it's a hell worth hacking and slashing my way through. I've made it to old Yharnam and am practicing slaughtering the blood-starved beast. And I hate it. Very hard to parry him, and as soon as I dodge behind him and go to whoop his ass he's already turned around and clawing my f*cking guts out. I'm sure I'll get the final jump on him tho. One of these days.. :mad 

• Like Like x 2
  14. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Lego DC Super Villains on the switch with my son. Darkseid vs Chickens lol! fun game.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finished Ghost of Tsushima so taking a break from open-world games and finally started Persona 5 Royal.

Not terribly far... barely into Kamoshida's castle but already plenty of changes from vanilla P5 up to this point.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

10 Chapters into Yakuza Zero. I picked up the Yakuza Collection yesterday because it's down to 40 bucks. Needless to say I'm going to be playing a LOT of Yakuza this month.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Okami

Just got all the stray beads and maxed out everything for Amaterasu (including sun fragment pieces).

Going to take on the final boss tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  18. xKAINxCAINx

xKAINxCAINx Goonies Never Die!

Replaying Resident Evil Code Veronica X after many years. Love this game. Also the voice acting is cheesy and amazing, feels great to replay this title.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Enter the Gungeon pretty good second favourite game

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Smash Melee on Gamecube. The controller feels weird. GC is the hole in my Nintendo experience - I'd played every other console except this one.

I can see why they like the controller, though. The question is, buy more of them?

• Like Like x 3