What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

I'm on Episode 2 of Batman: The Enemy Within, and I think I've been making some bad choices. It's hard to tell if any of the choices are really "good", though. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    Plugging away at Ultra Moon-I like that the ghost challenge is about photography. But hot damn, the Mimikyu totem is tough!

• Like Like x 2
  3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

All hail Mimikyu!

I just got Borderlands Triple Pack in the mail. It has Borderlands 1, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 with all the DLC for $35. Things are going well right now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

I just discovered that City of Heroes - as in, the full game (Heroes, Villains, going rogue, LITERALLY EVERYTHING) has been alive on a secret server that only went public last year.

City of Heroes was my first true MMORPG (the first technical MMORPG was actually Toontown but there really wasn't that much complexity in it compared to City). Being able to experience all that again on my gaming rig that probably has ten times more power than the original computer I played it on...NOSTALGIA RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

I probably won't game as hard on it but still...the character creator alone is absolutely balls to the walls fun. Especially since now, all the bonus costume parts from the subscription reward service are included so you get ALL the combinations!

• Like Like x 3
  5. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We finally beat Resident Evil Zero! Now it's time for my other friend to play through REmake HD as her first Resident Evil game!

• Like Like x 2
  6. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

I never did get to try this one out. Is it free?

7. Autobot Burnout

• Like Like x 3
  8. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde TRANSformer

News Credits:
    AC odyssey. As a girl who grew up exposed heavily to Greek myth, this is the game I was dying for. So far it has NOT disappointed. Kassy is a blast, and the open world feels more complete than Origins. If the rumors about Ragnarok are true? I. AM. IN.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Sometimes I wonder why I like Super Smash Bros.
    Every once and a while I get bored and go back to Super Smash Bros Ultimate despite having rage quit the day or week prior.

Classic Mode and Smash mode gets boring after a bit.
    I can’t begin to describe how broken Online is.
    World of Light and Spirit Board makes me want to pull my hair out. Just pure bull across the board.

Every once and a while I am reminded why I like Smash Bros, because of it Fire Emblem is now my second favorite game franchise. It got me reinvested in Nintendo properties again. But at the same time I think this game was not meant for casuals or newcomers like me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Autobot Burnout

Yeah, I haven't touched Smash Bros Ult. in a long while - I didn't even do Online. I think it was just how soul-crushingly awful the whole 'Spirits' thing turned out to be. Like, sure, I get the idea well enough - try to fit in literally every character ever by proxy - but some of them are just utterly idiotic to the point you HAVE to cheese them (Paulina, anyone?) - but the actual in-universe story literally does not exist since at no point is it even explained what the hell is going on. And I haven't even BOTHERED going back to 100% it because I figured out how to access the true final boss simply from the design of the final map and I know the endings when you fight Orb-Seperoth (whatever his name is) and Dharkon (I only remember his name because he has the better theme song) both equally suck...not like the true ending is honestly any better.

I had been so dearly hoping for something on the level of Subspace Embassy from Brawl. Now THAT was a $60 experience.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Venixion

News Credits:
    Minish Cap-I'm doing some sidequests and trying to steer clear of Temple of Droplets as long as possible. Worst ice dungeon in zelda ever!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I liked Minish Cap back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Venixion

News Credits:

Its a great game. Very charming with lots to do and plenty of people to talk to. Replaying it after several years and with several Zeldas under my belt that I missed out on the first time, due to not having the corresponding systems helped me recognize a lot of references.

At any rate, I got through Temple of Droplets a lot easier then I did the first time and am now on the Cloud Tops.

14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I would be playing the new Dead Cells expansion, but for whatever reason it's not on the PSN store.... dafuq.

15. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy XV
    Noctis, Ignis, Prompto, and Gladiolus fought a titan, hitched a ride with this crazy-haired Imperial fella, and now we are relying on series-staples for transportation since the car went missing.

• Like Like x 4
  16. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Taking a break from Witcher 3 to re-do the campaign in GTA V. Gonna try and 100% this time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. strangeguy32000

FFXV
    Got the Ramuh summon, used it on some Fortress, got the Quartz Regalia back. Did some side-missions, drove around.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spyro Trilogy on Switch
    1/2 way through part 1. I’m taking my time & 100%-ing every level.

• Like Like x 1
  19. strangeguy32000

Final Fantasy XV
    Went on a Road trip with Gladio's little sister, but first we had to fuck with the Empire.
    Knocked out a dude and got into a fight with this Dragoon lady who was all "yeah, not my problem" then we resumed driving. Got my ass kicked by a bug on a diversion she recommended. Reloaded previous save and just bypassed that stop. She recommended another stop a mile later. Got out of the car, went down a hill, saw a dragon-thing said "Nope, everybody back in the car". Then we kept driving. Went to a lighthouse, Gladio had something to do, so now Noctis, Ignis and Prompto are in Louisiana or some shit for a photo-OP with a bunch of these man-sized Pangolin-bagworm-crayfish things

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. CyrDraconis

CyrDraconis Well-Known Member

Still plugging away at Warframe. Got started on the Fortuna story quest, at the point in part 2 where I lose to the timer and getting mobbed. Venus shockwave dudes are jackasses, and I need to remember Exalted Blade exists.

Excal.: Player, you must learn to dodge...better.

On the other hand, finally popped up to Mastery 2, and starting building a Taxon companion and Furis gun. Finally, a new weapon - even if it is a pistol, having a semi-auto or auto option might help out with the crowd control.

• Like Like x 1