What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Botw
    I've collected all the Korok seeds on Great Plateau and am 18 away from clearing out the central Hyrule region (all of them in the castle... Seriously, Nintendo, why put Korok seed puzzles in a hot zone like Hyrule goddamn Castle?!)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Smash Bros Ultimate

Who would win? A massive wyvern, infamous amongst its kin for being a king of the skies and an apex predator, equipped with venomous talons and fiery breath?

Or a pot plant?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I am continuing Grisaia no Kajitsu in the Komine Sachi arc and it just got so sad that I started crying.

4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

After a two-month-long wait for a bug fix, I beat Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire's last DLC, the Forgotten Sanctum, and all four of the Mega-Bosses on POTD w/level scaling. Dorudugan (The Hellfire Colossus) is the second hardest boss I've ever fought in a game. Ranked by difficulty: Voracious Mountain, Crystal Empress, Sigilmaster Auranic, The Hellfire Colossus. A wall between me and being done with a very long, but mostly very fun game

For reference, the first hardest "boss fight" I've ever tried was that boxing match with that awful elf in The Witcher 3 on POTD. I ended up beating him on a reload, but never bothered to re-do the game and get the achievement because I was ready to be done with the game. But yeah, Dorudugan was tedious, frustrating, and time consuming. Also, not particularly unique or smart as far as boss fights go. A typical WoW-raid-style boss that has a big explosion that heals the boss , needs to be kited, summon tanked, and requires waaaay too many very specific items to defeat...and pretty much perfect timing. No adds, just a big boss. I two-manned it, which actually made it easier because only my kite-tank/summoner/healer needed to dodge stuff, my MC sat at a distance and went against spec plugging away with a bow. Overall, I feel great having it done, but holy shit they could've found a way to make that more fun...Well, I'm sure there's someone out there who didn't struggle with Dorudugan on POTD w/level scaling, but I sure did...took me two days of learning the fight. Happy to be done with that game, and sad that it's probably the last from the Obsidian I once knew, who knows what's in store for them now that Microsoft owns them. Anyways, glad to be done with this one, now for something easier...like KOTOR II, yet again.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Gears 4 was on sale for $10, bought it and started dling it on Monday.
    Its Wed and 61% so far. LOL

Playing Bloodstained Curse of the Moon now. Love it so much only wish there were more stages.
    Having this on a NES cartridge would glow on the shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

Megaman Legacy Collection 1
    I've beat MM1 and MM2 yesterday. Now I'm on the 1st Wily stage. I forgot how it felt to play classic Megaman. Also I forgot how slippy MM1 was.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm. Shantae was surprisingly short. I beat it, already, and I'm on a second run to get 100% completion. I don't know if that's a shortcoming with the game or me, but wow. I'm glad it was part of Game Pass and not money coming out of my wallet. I know there are other versions of the game to unlock with cash, so it's not like you're entirely limited by what's currently in the game, but I was expecting a bit more than 5 or 6 towns with 3 paths each.

I love sidescrollers, this brought back some good memories, but being that short... It kind of reminds me of those indie or no name games that tried to get your money by cashing in on nostalgia.

It's not a bad game, it's just not as intricate of a game as I thought. It's more about the "keep dying until you get it right" and less about the bosses and them kickin' yer butt across the screen.

• Like Like x 3
  8. strangeguy32000

Me: well, that's it for all the Central Hyrule and Woodlands Region Korok Seeds, lets see how many are in the Eldin Region so I can mark that off in my tracker sheet while I tackle the ones in the Akkala region.
    IGN: Youtube video in place of a multimedia guide that would be infinitely more helpful
    Me: dammit, I guess I'll use a companion map like I do with Red Dead.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I am continuing Grisaia no Kajitsu in the Suou Amane arc.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Monster Hunter World, checking out the Witcher 3 collab.

I was not expecting a new monster, but they've brought in this thing called a leshen, some kind of dendroid with a skull-face that shoots birds. I set it on fire.

• Like Like x 3
  11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Apex Legends on PS4

I suck ass.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

Megaman Legacy Collection 2
    I skipped 7 and 8 because I played 7 so often that I got bored and I'm not ready to face Atetemino.
    I tried MM9 for the first time and I love it. I'm on Wily castle revisiting, because save feature from MMLC got removed along with replay button. I miss quicksave features. It would save my time fighting with that giant shark over and over again.
    They added Leshens!? I need to get this game. I love these guys.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Persona 4 original. Holy cow is it annoying trying to fuse personas in this game.

• Like Like x 2
  14. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

For some odd reason, I got back into Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Just slipped it in my PS3 for shits and giggles, and now I'm trying to unlock all the endings I never bothered with before (mainly for characters I never gave a crap about, like Miguel, Panda, and Dr. Bosconovitch).

I think it's a shame Bruce hasn't appeared in more Tekken games; I kick the CPU's ass with him, and he's hella fun to play. Loved him since Tekken 2. I practiced with Steve last night so I could play through arcade mode and unlock his ending...GOD what a frickin' boring character. Using the kick buttons to dodge...WTH??

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Just learned about The Forgotten in Binding of Issac...on what planet was that bullshit EVER a good idea?

There's no way I can even remotely adapt playing enough to avoid getting hit by those fucking legs, meaning my only hope is to get either Pyromania or Host Hat...and out of one hundred tries I've failed.

Because those fucking legs are broke as fuck.

I honestly don't find what's so fun about this, but then again I think The Lost was a shitty idea, too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    $10 for the Ezio Collection is just the incentive I've been waiting for to revisit his games!

• Like Like x 1
  17. strangeguy32000

Taking a break from Breath of the Wild
    Zelda: Link to the Past-
    Finally managed to beat Desert Temple, got to the mountain, old guy gave me the magic mirror. Now what?

• Like Like x 1
  18. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Without giving too much away...
    Did you find the portal to the dark world yet? Should be somewhere on the mountain.

19. strangeguy32000

Yeah, I found it by accident.
    I walked up to it like "why is there a dungeon-boss portal here?" Suddenly "bwoOoOom" and Link was a bunny

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    God of War on “give me a challenge” difficulty...it’s living up to its name. :lol 

Gorgeous game, can’t believe I left it this long to get it.

• Like Like x 3