What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

Double Action: Boogaloo
    Pretty good so far. After a bunch of meh F2P games on Steam recently, it's great to see a good one.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i had a ten dollar bonus from buying my new playstation 3 at best buy. so i picked up 2 games, and i have been playing Bolt, based on the animated movie. it's actually rather amazing. you play as both Penny, and Bolt. and they both play with entirely different mechanics. Penny is all about espionage, and Bolt is the superhero dog, who is a blast to run around, destroying things with.

the other game i picked up was bioshock, the original. i'll be playing that pretty soon too.

but I'm very happy with my purchase of Bolt. it is a very fun game. surprisingly, since it is a movie license game. those tend to be horrid. but since it was based on the tv show with in the movie, rather then the movie itself, i decided to pick it up. since the tv show is pure awesome.

WHY ISN'T THIS A THING, DISNEY? i'd watch the hell out of this show.

Between this, and Epic Mickey 2, i think disney is doing a fantastic job of creating games. although, i am sure these might also be exceptions. as i am newly returned to the world of video gaming. *i am mostly a PC gamer.*

3. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Playing through Digital Devil Saga 2 right now and loving it. I just beat the first game in the series and I had to play this one immediately after. The story is great and I love the gameplay. So much fun.

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally created a third character on The Lord of the Rings Online! He's a Dwarf Guardian named Abarin! :D  So far I've only played Elves (a Hunter and Minstrel), so going through the Dwarf Intro quests this time is a lot of fun!

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Picked up Brutal Legend (PS3) this week and have been playing it this weekend and having a blast. I'm not overly keen on the RTS battles but it's not the whole game so that's a good thing. It's fun and even better if you are a metal head (which I'm not but am familiar and do like the music). Gameplay is a mishmash of various game types but it works well.

I also finished 3DS - Adventure time: Ice King... Simple but fun Gameplay is similar to Zelda 2 for NES without that anoying going back to the start if you die (not that you will die that often as it is quite easy).

3DS - Nano Assault. Finished the story mode and now going back and playing for the achievements. Fun shump. Has levels similar to mario galaxy or super stardust and some levels are like star fox. I got mine for $12 new at kmart, well worth it IMO.

6. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I played about Five minutes of Five Nights at Freddy's.
    Got an hour (In-game hour) in and had run down to 59% power. Bonnie had moved to the Dining room so I decided to quit.
    Goat Simulator. Did a bunch of shit. Met Deadmaus, Party was had.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I was in the mood for something simple and fun, so I started playing Mario World (SNES) a little while ago.

8. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Halo: Reach for the millionth time, flying through it on Normal, and I'm in the middle of "The Package".

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Finished fully completing Mario World a little while ago. Such an incredible game.

10. strangeguy32000

Jiminy Jackrabbits, Kane, You Blew through it. Didja do the Star world and secret worlds beyond Star World?

I was playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf earlier (at about 5 in the evening) when it started raining in-game and guess what I managed to fish out of the ocean?
    A motherfucking Ceolocanth, that's what!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Blew through it? SNES games only take a few hours to complete, especially one that I Have played many times over the years.

And yes, I did everything. Got my grand *96 next to the file.

12. strangeguy32000

Holy cats! I've been playing SMW for as long as I can remember and I've yet to get even CLOSE to finishing it before abandoning the cartridge for years and losing the save (23-year-old save batteries are about as reliable as Barney Fife is a Police officer)

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Dead Space on the 360. Picked it up when it was super cheap; so much so that I also got the Big Force Gun and Tank sets as well.

I played Dead Space way back when on a friends PS3 when we rented it, but it's not quite the same when you own the game and can take your time with it. I'm having a lot of fun and it's a great balance of creepy and action.

14. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Playing God of War Ascention. Bought it on the cheap for $10 at Best Buy. It was the only GOW title I didn't have and for 10 bucks, you can't go wrong.

I'm about halfway through the single player game and am lacking the courage to complete it, as I am too excited about AC: Unity coming out next week on PS4. So giddy!

15. Toddler Naruto

Toddler Naruto Playful Explorer

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm currently playing Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3), I just liberated the Dust Sector.

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Advanced Warfare. Probably about halfway through the campaign, pretty solid for COD, much better than BLOPS2 or Ghosts (minus Rorke).

17. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Started up both Bayonetta 2 and Advanced Warfare during the last couple of days. I play Bayonetta 2 in the morning for an hour or so before I go to work, and play Advanced Warfare when I come back at night.

Bayonetta 2 is a blast so far. The first level was amazing, and the combat is an improvement from the already damn good first game. It seems a tad easier compared to the first (playing on 2nd climax), but it's not a huge deal.

Advanced Warfare is a Michael Bay style actionfest like the previous games, only without the Victoria's Secret models of the Director's movies running around. To that end, it's pretty fun and exciting. The graphics are fantastic, along with the music and sound design.

The quicktime events can feel a bit sloppy this time around. It took me about five tries to get a "Press X to Jump" button prompt right, during a car hopping sequence. I would press it, but I would get the failure cut scene of planting my ass on the road. It got to a point where I just mashed rapidly when it appeared, and it worked.

18. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Gears of War 2. I keep getting slammed by Maulers & the AI partners are too stupid to revive me when i'm right in front of them.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Five Nights at Freddy's. I'm still trying to get through Night 4.

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Pokemon Yellow... on the N64, because both my GameBoy isn't what it used to be and Stadium has a nice triple-speed feature which makes the level grinding and lack of running shoes a breeze now.
    Pikachu's voice sounds a lot more garbled than I remember, though.