What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just started playing Captain America: Super Soldier. I got through the first few chapters and actually stayed up until almost midnight on a weeknight (pretty late for me) because I wanted to keep playing. It’s pretty good. Yeah, it’s kinda like “Arkham Asylum-lite” but with so many similarities it’s impossible not to compare. It’s not as polished as AA but I don’t think that really detracts from the fun factor too much. A couple things I like about this over AA is that it’s not so dark and the “soldier vision” isn’t something you turn on and off. You push the button and then it kind of fades back to normal after a few seconds. It keeps you from just playing in that mode which was easy to do in AA. The platforming reminds me a lot of Enslaved which I liked. I just rented it but depending on how much I get through it and how high I think the replayability is I may end up buying it. It’s almost a shame that you can already get it brand new for $30 (not that I’d complain about saving money.....you just know it couldn’t have sold well at all)

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Jak II. And as usual, I can't help but love it. Irregardless of the frustration I constantly feel upon my inevitable failure.

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Mass Effect 2... Love it!

4. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Deus Ex Human Revolution [PS3]... Chillin with the Augs

5. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Cave Story is rocking my world right now.

6. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    It is a fantastic game, probably not my favourite though, I think that's probably Fable 2 or Mass Effect, but I am just so bad at it. I've also started to get annoyed recently by my dog that just keeps jumping in front of my enemies whenever i'm trying to shoot them, so whenever I try to use V.A.T (I think that's what it's called) I just end up shooting at him.
    Now i'm back to playing Portal 2, still sucks that I can't play with random people online, and also that i'm crap at it, and a bit of Geometry wars 2, god I love that game

7. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I've just got into the beta for Path of Exile and am having a blast (it's an upcoming - FREE - Diablo type game)

8. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Been replaying KOTOR and KOTOR 2 in anticipation for SWTOR. Almost forgot how enjoyable and good those two games are. And I still say that the ending for KOTOR is one of the best ever.

9. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

I tried to play KOTOR again before the current build of TOR testing started; but I was trying to get some widescreen fixes I found online to work and then the game just kept crashing and I gave up. I honestly can't remember if I finished KOTOR years ago. And I know I only got a little way into II. I really need to go back and try again.

edit: Oh ho, apparently there's a workaround involving running the updater after replacing the EXE before using UniWS with the Steam version

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  10. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    My sister just got Amnesia: The Dark Descent and allowed me to have a go on it when she went out in the evening....BIG MISTAKE. Holy shit

11. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    xenoblade on the wii. best game ever made this decade. don't care if everyone disagrees with my opinion.

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    WFC. Can't stop playing it!

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Phantasy Star 2 (Sega Genesis Collection on the PS2).
    - Just got to the Esper Mansion. A few more dungeons and this game is done.

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

left 4 dead on pc. sure wish i had pc friends. single players still fun though

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm currently playing Forza 2.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Picked up Mother 3 again. Why, I don't know.

17. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally managed to find a copy of tales of Vesperia. been working on it for about a week and played a bit over 25 hours, but I know I have at least 40 hours left:drunk .
    Still, the game is fun and I find the cast and plot interesting.

18. deadinthewater

deadinthewater I like it here

I'm wasn't really interested in the new Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, but I decided to go for the demo since I was curious as to what the game was like. And DAMN, it is good! It somehow is able to find a decent balance between a third-person shooter and a hack-and-slash style game. The executions (especially when you first perform them) are very satisfying and are each unique. If this game had you using Terminator Armor at some point, it would be even more epic than it appears now. Though my fall gaming will be spent with RAGE, I'll definitely pick this up when the price drops. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to replay the demo yet again :p .

19. Nemesis Prime I

Nemesis Prime I Nemesis Prime Transforms!

My Cousin Leila her Nintendo Wii Console Birthday Present by My Uncle's At One Month Later, I Borrow her Game Testing Mario Kart Wii it Sucks this Game. I User Wii Remote I Miss My Xbox Live Just I Brought 360 to United Kingdom Finally to Buy Halo Reach cost £27.99 Extra 800 Point for New Maps. I user Wii Remote Select Wii Sport Resort I Play Table Tennis it Fun, Bowling Ball, then Boxing It Fun Again. I Have Failed Test it Stupid at Wii. It Boring Yoga on Wii Fit, Make me Nut's that Kids. I wanted Shooting Game Call of Duty Black Ops Wii there Too Young to play Shooting Game on Wii. I Well Buying 12 Month Membership Card & Halo Reach, ODST and Rest of Game for Enjoy Online Player.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm playing Gears of War 2.