What are you playing, and how's it going?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Chaos Muffin, Jul 19, 2008.

1. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been playing TF2 (got my first hat and everything!), Klonoa (which got pretty dark rather quickly), and Mighty Milky Way (I <3 Wayforward).

2. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Just beat Mass Effect 2. Didn't know that Steve Blum played a few voices in the game, including Grunt. That's awesome. Can't wait for #3!

3. foxhunter

foxhunter Well-Known Member

I go back in time playing a PS2 Berserk. I never thought I've missed this game. the game is good on its time its like god of war thats when kratos ever exist.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm almost done Chapter 3 for both characters in Folklore. Just have to beat Brigantia with Keats.

Goddamn, Exedra was a bitch and a half to cap. Shooting down dragons with a high-arcing cannonball is not fun, and his double-speed absorb pattern just resulted in repeated failure. Thank god I don't have to cap more than one of him. Kraken, on the other hand...

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bought Deathspank and Deathspank ToV while i had the welcome back 30 day plus. (15 total). I have to say i'm enjoying the heck out of Deathspank. There is some hilarious dialog.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

[​IMG]
    Guess.

7. Maxanda

Maxanda Active Member

I'm working on finishing up the remaining trophies from Tron: Evolution and playing Alice: Madness Returns.

8. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands.

And its going terrible, I got so far and managed to get to solomons hall, but when I was fighting the army and the two big guys, I stopped and then played it the next day and was stuck in the place with no enemies around to be seen, which I need to defeat for a bigger enemy to whose death would let me move to the next level.

*sigh*.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    inFamous. Doing the various stunts at the moment, trying to line up multiple Reapers for the "blast 3 off the roof at once" trick.

10. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    360-wise, I'm afraid I've fallen off the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 wagon, only to bounce off the road a few times just to fall back into the Halo: Reach wagon for Bungie Day shenanigans.

PC-wise, still addicted to Minecraft.

3DS-wise, other than still trying to sludge my way through those weird Mii Plaza games I'm nearly done with OoT3D. Not much else to say other than it's Ocarina of Time. In 3D. That's it. Hopefully I'll unlock Master Quest soon.

11. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Replaying LOZ: Twilight Princess for the first time since I finished it in 07. Good, but I still think it's the weakest 3D Zelda.

12. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

Finished playing FEAR, FEAR 2: Project Origin and FEAR 3. Just picked up War for Cybertron during the Summer Sale so starting that.

13. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well Let's see on PC I'm still playing CoD: Black Ops, Bioshock 2, and Fallout 3.

I just beat Duke Nukem; but didn't get all achievements yet, as well as Portal 2 campaign and co-op.

Thanks to the current Steam sale I just picked up the Fear package and Amnesia: The Dark Decent.

Another thing I've really started getting into are mods. I've checking out Moddb and have played some great Source mods like Underhell, and Nightmare House 2. There so many mods for so many games and some ove them are real gems.

How is this one compared to the Sands Trilogy? Is the game play similar and is story new or is it cannon in the three other games?

14. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    still just randomly TF2, Killing Floor, and dissidia 012.. but alos trying to find someone on PC that HASN'T done the co-op for Portal 2. (I'd rather actually figure the stuff out with the other person, as opposed to just, "Ok, you go here, wait for me to do this...etc..etc")

15. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Black Ops zombies. Pretty good. Got to round 40 on Kino, Ascension and Five on split screen. Working currently to reach round 40 on Call of the dead

16. Brainchild

I'm on PS3, and I haven't finished the last two chapters. So I'm game for when you get to them.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Been working my ass off in Mortal Kombat memorizing all of Sub-Zero's combos. Finally got them all down.

18. Brainchild

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Bloody hell, this game is wonderful.

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a trick for you that worked well for me:

There's a group of three Reapers that will always spawn at one segment of the rail track. Grind around until you find them, and then just keep going back and forth along the rail until you've gotten your stunt.

And the description's misleading. You actually don't need to do it with only one Shockwave. And I actually found it rather impossible to do with one, anyways. It would hit two of them, and lose steam on the third dude and he wouldn't budge. Just spam Shockwaves in rapid succession, and if they all hit the ground in a fairly close timeframe, then you'll get your Stunt.

Up until I found that spawn point, I was having a heckuva time getting that one. But once I did, easy as pie.

The only other really difficult ones are maybe Splash & Crash (Air Strike, and then Thunder Drop the same enemy, just needs a bit of cooperation), but if you don't get Right Back At Ya (kill an enemy with a deflected grenade) on the junk tower during the second-to-last mission in The Warren, by abusing the grenade-launcher dudes, you're hooped. You might have some luck on the third island, with the grenade-launching robots, but those things are so erratic that it's just blind luck if you manage to kill anything with those. It's "easier" to force an enemy into a corner and hope he lobs a grenade or two at you for you to bounce back, but it's tough. Otherwise, hope to get lucky off some random stray grenade, is all I can say.

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I'm trying to get that but everytime I use shockwave it blows the dude into the air :lol .