What are you expecting and what do you want from TLK figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt-o-matic, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As the title says, what are you (realistically) expecting, and what would you like in an ideal world from the TLK toy line?

Judging by the Premier Edition Optimus, I think we can expect something very similar to the AOE figures in terms of complexity and decos. It's almost certain there'll be one steps and three steps, Titan heroes, probably legion class too. Hopefully Hasbro's learnt its lesson and not make so many other lines though like the Dino sparkers etc.

It'll be interesting to see if the 'traditional' size classes will be treated as Generations this time round, given that they've said Titans Return wont go hiatus for the movie line. Maybe they'll just make 'warriors' rather than deluxe (not that there's any real difference) and voyagers under a different name.

What I'd to see is a line where the deluxes, voyagers and leaders get slightly more complex transformations, for the sake of accuracy, along with screen accurate decos, and with some thought given to realistic scale. Something like Wei Jiang's versions of Evasion Optimus and Hound show that the movie designs can translate into physical figures. It's the little touches like how the wheel rotates up onto the thigh on M01 (Optimus) or how the wheels actually become the toes on M02 (Hound) along with other extra parts, Hasbro's designs have been a little lacking in that way since DOTM and HFTD. I know they'd cost more but I'd rather Hasbro produced something that's high quality and more firmly aimed at aollectors and pay a bit more. There's no reason, then, why they couldn't still have the simpler lines for kids, maybe making slightly less complex (and therefore cheaper) variants of the deluxe and voyagers and sell those as warrior class, thus offered good something for the kids which they or their parents could afford.

Obviously that isn't going to happen, but it's quite saddening when you see something like the Wei Jiang retools receiving lots of care and attention but the official product falls short, like the new movie Optimus.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  2. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a big fan of the movie designs and of the toys from ROTF and DOTM I would like more complex transformation and at least not plastic so thin you can see thru (if not intended that way for the character). Also, but this is only in part fault of Hasbro making to many lines of toys for AOE, in my country I never saw a Generation figure in store, the two that I have (Strafe and Lockdown) I had to buy on the internet; so maybe just focus effort in a Generation line with legion-deluxe-voyager-leader classes and a Kids line with 3 and 5 steps tf. The only things you could see in 2014-2015 were the 3 steps changers and the power battlers (or what they were called). Too many lines and gimmicks made the AOE Generations line inexistent here where I live.

Also I would like just a good Vortex movie toy design (if he is in this movie) and a good Megatron Knight to put near the new voyager Optimus that in my opinion is far better in terms of design than the AOE Leader Optimus and in terms of decos than the standard hasbro Evasion mode Optimus Prime.

So I expect the same formula maybe with just a bit better decos (a really tiny bit) and maybe a better solution for some figures' problems like Hound body proportion and Crosshairs coat.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    The Wei Jiang Hound makes the body proportions better with new attached parts, though its probably too complex for Hasbro to want to use.

Better decos would be great, it goes a long way towards turning an ok figure into a good figure. With the new Optimus voyager it wouldn't take much, especially as they wouldn't need to waste paint allocation on the orange and light blue on the sword and shield.
    IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0451.PNG

4. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The collar-skirt color switch is infuriating though! also, maybe they are going to kill some autobots just to avoid making their toys and doing all over again with new designs XD, and this would apply to all 3 of the AOE autobots: Hound = proportion, Crosshairs = coat, Drift = triple changer, so no clue from that for how stupid it would be

5. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    I know, could've easily been avoided, even if they left the collar unpainted in grey. Same as painting the Sheila the same blue as the eye. Like, why?!

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want something close to what we are getting in Titans Returns with engineering quality, just damn solid toys.

But considering a lot of these designs, I don't expect much.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This isn't the place for toy theeads

8. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

1-complex transformation (just like Titans return)
    2-no shellformers
    3-no partsformers
    4-and finally : no one/three step changers

9. Matt-o-matic

News Credits:
    Not even movie related? I'm sure the last time I started a thread about movie toys in the toys forum it got moved the the movie one.

The mods can move it if they want.

10. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    What I want:
    Two Autobots, Two Decepticons in wave 1 and then it scaling up so it's an even mix out the gate
    One gigantic figure that isn't an Autobot (like the Unicron toy or CW devs)
    the VW Microbus being in one of the first two waves
    Not having Bumblebee pull a three to the other figures detriment in wave 1

11. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I would just like for there to be Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class only this time around. But Hasbro has changed...

12. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

Also, for leader class I would love if they did 3 new leader molds this time around. I would like there to be Megatron, Onslaught, and Optimus Prime.

13. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wish they would go back to more 2007-dotm scale figures