What Are You Drinking? (TFW2005 Beer Nerds)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theycallmedenny, Sep 14, 2011.

1. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Picked up a harpoon UFO MIX pack. Love me that unfiltered goodness!
    3 of each hefeweizen, raspberry hefeweizen, pale ale, and white. Num Yummy:D 

Fine choice w the Brooklyn lager BTW:) 

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Tomorrow I'm picking up my bottle of Poizin, can't wait to get it. Thinking I'm gonna save it for Halloween or some other perfect occasion.

[​IMG]

Also I've not even opened my bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale, I'm probably gonna do it sometime in the next week when I've grilled up some food. An ale this fine cannot be used to wash down something as common as a ham sandwich, oh no, a brew of this caliber deserves to chase the likes of smoked ribs and other char broiled meats.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a fee Coronas and tried this other Mexican beer called Victoria. Pretty damn good.

4. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

tried the sam adams octoberfest yesterday, not wholly impressed but its a pretty average take on an octoberfest, not bursting with enough flavor for me. a drink like that however is perfect for downing a few

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  6. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    At the moment I'm drinking Shipyard Smashed Blueberry. Surprisingly good! It's like a cross between scotch ale and porter, with some blueberries in it. Dark ruby red in colour, with light brown foam. Really nice.

7. tomagnus

Last years Sam october was much better than this years batch. It's something I've noticed about the Sam seasonals is that each year the taste varies. A good example is their summer ale, absoulutley hated it. I never liked it at all, that is until this years batch which I couldn't get enough of whenever I went out to eat. Which was often. Of course I ordered it without the orange slice in it. IMO the only time fruit should be allowed in a beer is if it's in the brewing process! when it's added as an afterthought or to "enhance" the beer with a wedge or slice of something, this goes against ALL my morals as a BEER lover. It's kinda like taking a crap and trying to cover it up with air freshner, now instead of one bad smell you have 2 bad smells on top of each other.

8. tomagnus

Tried this at the Shipyard Brewery when I went up to Maine this past spring, without the blueberries of course. It was a very good brew. The color was decieving, you almost expected it to be real heavy.

9. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I expected almost a guinness-like experience. It's so dark red, it's almost black. It was pretty light though; much more than I had expected.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I got a couple of Harpoon Octoberfest left in the fridge. I generally go for the popular labeled beers. Bud, Sam Adams, Miller, Michelob, Harpoon, Corona, Red Stripe. Seasonal beers are good too. We have a few good micro-breweries around here which have some really good choices too.

11. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    My mother is trying to get some Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liqueur, it's made over in Dublin, Ireland and not readily available stateside. Does anyone know how one would go about acquiring a bottle?

12. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Coconut Porter

13. theycallmedenny

great lakes is an awesome brewery

sam adams has always been at odds with me, never really liked any of their brews. don't know why.

in other news I bought myself a Avery Kaiser yesterday, gonna down that after dinner :D 

14. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I drank a Tilt. Do not do that. Sure, they're 12% alc/vol, but damn, it's like drinking stomach cancer. ow.

15. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I was enjoying some Kuronama Asahi, a black lager last night. Very smooth and tasty.

The Official Drinking thread actually now languishes in the donators section of the board, time was it was stickied to the top of GD, about 8 years ago :D ...

16. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not drinking it now, but definitely plan on going to Old Chicago after work and enjoying a nice tall glass of Killian's red.

17. Cryosis

Cryosis Prowler in the yard

A Magic Hat, case of Miller Lite and a couple sixers of Yuengling... right meow.

18. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I drink water, soda and energy drinks :7

19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Hmm I don't remember exactly, it's best to try what tastes better to you. But I feel like 1/5 banana juice and 4/5 of the beer should be fine.

And drink wheat beer out of this drinking glass:
    [​IMG]

That's how it tastes best!
    And a friend of mine, who works at the gastronomy business, told me that you have to prepare the bottle somehow, before opening it. But I don't remember how it was done...
    Anyway... here it is shown how to pour the wheat bear correctly into the wheat beer glass:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  20. theycallmedenny

[​IMG]

had this Belhaven Wee Heavy Scottish Ale the other night, excellent taste and very easy to drink. flavor was not over powering which made it very easy to drink. a friend of mine helped my girlfriend pick it out for me and he told me not to drink the bottom since there was just yeast all there and if i did i would "poop my brains out".

i'm not exactly bright, but doesn't most unfiltered beers have yeast in them? i don't remember my bowels hitting the eject button after them