What Are You Drinking? (TFW2005 Beer Nerds)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theycallmedenny, Sep 14, 2011.

1. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do I preffer dos equis. Yeah right :tongue:  I love me some BECKS!!

2. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I had the chance to visit the steam whistle brewery in Toronto as well. Got to pull the whistle cord:D  The brew was a nice crisp and refreshing pilsner. A good summer or cookout beer.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sam Adams Octoberfest.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Heineken. Or Sam Adams. Depends.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I'm lucky to live in Oregon where beer is akin to water for many folks. There are, I believe, 87 breweries in the state and at least 5 brew pubs within a short walk from my house. Portland has the most breweries of any city in the United States and holds frequent festivals.

(There is also a distillery nearby which makes excellent whiskey among other things like a pot-distilled brandy and eaux de vie.)

My favorite beers in Oregon are constructed by Heater Allen Brewing (I love their Pils), Cascade Brewing and their Bourbonic Plague, Hopworks and their Sasquatch Strong Ale, C Note Imperial Pale Ale by New Old Lompoc ($2.50 pints on Miser Mondays!), or the Pelican Brewing Company (I really like their Doryman's Dark Ale).

My favorite beer name, and it isn't a bad beer to drink, is by the Wasatch Brewing Company out of Salt Lake City.

[​IMG]

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

in the rare occasions that someone would see me drink, give this brown man another ricards red.

[​IMG]

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I'm a Sam Adams (pretty much any Sam Adams), Guiness, or Shiner guy. The darker the better.

8. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I like the imported German wheat beers, like Erdinger. Reminds me of my trip to Germany. So many delicious beers.

I do my own homebrewing. I have a strong Belgian ale that will be ready to drink on Sunday. I am also bottling an IPA that is supposed to be a clone of Stone IPA.

9. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

Ahhh, the Ricards Red! Had the pleasure of tasting this fine brew during my visit to Niagra Falls(Canadian side) a few years back. I remember having quite a few of these:)  A tasty beer it is! :D 

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Erdinger is good! I can recommend Paulaner or Franziskaner. If you can get it, try it. Those taste especially good with banana juice.

I got me a sixpack of beer for this evening of Cab Bananenweizen, that's somehow a cheap variant of drinking one of those wheat beers with banana juice. For a mixed beer it tastes really good. I like it. Is my favourite beer besides Veltins V+ Curuba. But I like Herforder, Warsteiner, Krombacher, Detmolder, Becks and Heineken too, but I prefer beer that does not taste so much like beer *ggg*

When drinking pure beer I much prefer wheat beer like those mentioned above.

Here it is:
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to kill you tonight, babies :D 

11. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Pickin' some up this afternoon. :D 

12. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

let us know how the replication goes, stone is an amazing beer, so if you can clone that then kudos :p 

13. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Not drinking anything at the moment, but I'm about to change that and go pick some Sam Adam Octoberfest, if I can't find that, Guinness.

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Molson XXX. I have a few let in my fridge.

Tomorrow I'll be heading over to Revolution Brewing Co in Chicago for a few of their flavorful beers. One is a rye stout that they actually need to hand pump. Its delicious. On the way home, I might pick up some Honey Brown Lager, Its been a while since I've had one and a new grocery store in the area carries it. There's also a meat market with some great beers by Rogue, Dogfish Head, and a few others. ALso a buddy is grabbing some Three Floyds when he goes to Wisconsin.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Nickelbrook Brewery in Burlington, Ontario makes a Gluten-Free beer with hints of pear that's quite nice, but I think you'll be sorely out of luck getting it unless you can find a way to order it online. They're a very small brewery and their distribution is limited.

Check to see if local breweries around you make some gluten-free stuff.

Rolling Rock is your closest equivalent in the states, it should be readily available, and granted, its not as nice as Steamwhistle, which is AWESOME and a favorite brewery of mine, but its... close I guess. It's modelled on a czech pilsner, so maybe something like that would be up your alley.

Similarly, try DAB as a German beer, or Stiegl, or their variants. I don't really know what's available by you, unfortunately.

Oh, what am *I* drinking? Not enough, that is what I am drinking.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  16. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

I've been overjoyed the last couple months that Boulevard Brewery's Bob's 47 Oktoberfest is out. Don't know how wide their distribution is, but here in Kansas City it's easy to find and friggin' fantastic.

Also, laugh if you will, but I've been on a kick with this Wild Blue blueberry ale. Yes, it sort of tastes like blueberry soda, but it's got 8% alcohol, so it's a brew that'll get your attention.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Breweries or brands? Sagres is the best IMO.

18. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Got some good ol' Sam Adams Octoberfest and some Cheesy Puffs, what else do you need?

19. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I was thinking of Franziskaner before but couldn't remember the name. It's kind of like a cheaper substitute for Erdinger. I can get a 6 pack of Franziskaner for about 6 bucks.

Didn't know about the banana juice. Wheat beers obviously have some banana tastes and aromas, but never thought to mix with banana juice. Actually, to me it sounds kind of funky. What proportion do you mix?

20. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

bought myself a six pack of Brooklyn Breweries Lager.

Absolutely delicious, generous amount of hops over a nice malt background and a great finish that leaves my palette clean. The best part is it's definitely a six pack that you can finish in one night because it's not to heavy, but not light enough that you would think it's just water. Highly recommend anything the Brooklyn guys put out

8/10