What are you currently still enticed by?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lupis Convoy, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Hmmm...

It took me almost a year to buy a new Alternator when I picked up Shockwave in November. The interest is back, but not fully since I saw but did not buy Tracks just after Christmas.

Since buying Predaking in early 05, the only reissues I've touched have been the Hasbro ones that have gotten cheap. I passed up an opportunity to get Perceptor at an anime convention this past summer. I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter because Soundwave and Soundblaster are too damn expensive.

So right now, Cybertron seems to be what entices me the most. Though I have considered slowing down on mainline purchases so I can play catchup on Alternators which aren't as plentiful.

2. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I buy mainly Takara reissues, with some Alts and the occasional mainline toy ( I think I have 3 Cybertron figures). Although I saw C-Galvatron today, and I may have to pick him up if I can find him on sale at some point.

3. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much everything Hasbro puts out TF-wise, really. (Yes, that includes Star Wars TFs, which I believe are a bit under-rated.)

4. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Binaltech, although it's getting less so with each release. I'm getting sick of cars, repaints, and the same old transformation schemes over and over again, I want something different in the line.

Takara Reissues, but I only pick up the ones I never had as a kid but always wanted.

The collector-orientated specialty figures like THS-01 and 02, Masterpiece Convoy, etc.

Some of the main line really interests me, but then I pick them up, take a good look at them in the packaging, and can't justify spending that much money on something of that quality. As an example, Megatron cost me roughly $70 USD.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like everything to some extent, but little has stirred quite the level of antiipation in me (recently anyway) as the Beast Wars reissues.

I'd rather like to see something of the "famed in Botcon and story - G1 Reborn" toys though.

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    I'm still head on on my original collector's principals. I collect showcharacters! I had to somewhere push my collecting habits in between lines so I decided what the heck. Now with Galaxy Force just ended I'll be finishing up this great line. I have some Superlink to still complete and G1 is always right there too.

I've since completed BW, BWII (with the exception of Flash Lio), BWneo, BM, CR, Micron Legend (I still have a weakness for micron).

I decided that I was going to pick up the 10th aniversary figures too, because they are just more show accurate!

Though I hope that there won't be a new show untill the movie and straight after (I can't keep up!)

iDD

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Cybertron and Galaxy Force (not as in both releases of each figure, just a couple from each)
    I intend to get most, if not all the Figures featured in the Show, except maybe characters like Backstop, and the recon minicons, and Possibly Vector Prime.

8. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After finishing Galaxy Force (save of one or two exclusives which I'm not that fussy about) I'm mainly concentrating on the US Cybertron Exclusives, Alts and reissues.

9. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Cybertron is the most interesting of the new stuff, but most of my hunting is for Japanese G1. Only...need...a couple...more....ack.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well without listing every figure (partly because it'd a huge-ass list, and partly cause I can't remember everything in one shot), I'm after:
    Cybertron show characters I don't have yet, plus select repaints (Excillion!!!)
    Takara G1 reissues- I want them all MISB, I've got most of them except for some of the really expensive ones
    Alts- probably not going completist anymore, but who knows
    E-hobby repaints- must have them all.
    other exclusive figures- not all of them, but there's something intrinsicly attractive about them to me.

It helps that in the last week I finished my G1 collection and got my eternally sought after chase Rodimus PVC. So that's two major things down.

They did Rhinox, he's out in the first wave. On shelves now!

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    vintage, but all this cool cybertron stuff is distracting.

12. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like buying stuff on THE CHEAP.

I keep checking my Target to see if Big Gigantic Starscream is going to go down any further than 22 bucks.

There's also an Energon Galvatron at the local Value City for 15 bucks. He has my eye as well.

I don't have many TFs any more, so I'm really picky and cheap when it comes to what I buy.

I finally scored an Energon Starscream 3 weeks ago for like 4 bucks!

13. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Right now I'm focusing mainly on Cybertron. US-Exclusives/Repaints are top draw, but I'm really on the lookout for The Missing Trio- Armbullet, Moledive and Blender- the only ones needed to complete my Galaxy Force collection since I have Primus on preorder.

I usually pick up new mold Alternators/Binaltech only.

I'm on the lookout for Beast Wars Anniversary just for the sake of Transmutate.

14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm focused on Alternators and 1984 through 1986 G1, as I have been for a while now. However, I am becoming more interested in Cybertron. IMO, Cybertron is the most attractive series of TFs to come out since G1 (except alts). As soon as Megatron and OP start showing up in stores again (I hope they do) I'll pick them up. Cyb just doesn't have that playskool vibe that I got from Armada and Energon, nor that anime vibe I got from RID (I still can't stand to watch the RID cartoon).

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Having recently lost interest in movieverse stuff, I've gravitated towards Mini-bots, especially the '85-'86 ones since I already have most of the '84/pre-rub ones except Bumblejumper. And my dream is to have all the Antex/Estrela/IGA/Lynsa/Rubiplas variants.

16. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

G1 vintage (expensive, blah) and reissues.

For some reason I am also oddly drawn to Beastwars Dinobot.

17. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Started reading this thread and everyone was saying Alternators -- then I realized how old the thread is. It lives again, I suppose.

Bot Shots haven't shown up here yet, but the ones on promo display at big retail have got me interested.

Also, not for collecting/buying, but I've really been into all of the minicon teams lately, especially from the Classics toyline -- such as the Dirt Digger Team; Predator Attack Team; Clear Skies Team, etc. Lots of cool little characters.