Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jul 21, 2010.
Needles, but more specifically involving blood. I nearly faint just seeing a bloodmobile sign :/
Snakes and my ex-wife, and not in that order.
Being alone. Just the thought of being the only soul in one place scares me. At least when I'm alone, I have the pets as company.
There aren't that many things I'm really that afraid of anymore, mostly just things jumping out at me, but even that doesn't scare me that much.
Mostly, I'm just paranoid by strange things, like leaving my contacts in while I sleep. And stickers. I hate those things.....
My "rational" fear is of letting my fiance down. She truly is a fantastic person and I want to make sure that she gets everything she deserves.
My "irrational" fear is of The Elephant Man. I know that his condition was just some sort of disease or disorder, but every time I see pictures of him I get really nervous and freaked out. It even extends to similar disfigurements. Example: The movie Wrong Turn really messed with me because the inbred villians were twisted like The Elephant Man...
Gieco's dollar-bill stack with eyes.
Loosing my parents. After seeing what my dad went through after loosing his mother and my mother loosing her father, I wish I wouldn't have to go through something like that in my life. Thats something nobody should go through.
I assumed you'd say dinosaucers...
In no particular order...
(1) Wasps - Evil little things. I've been stung before, and when I'm near one I can't help but scream like a little girl and hide.
(2) Swimming in water I can't see the bottom of - I love boating and the ocean, but the idea of swimming in it freaks me out. Along with this I'd say the deep ocean environment. I'm fascinated looking at pictures of anglerfish and all of those amazing things, but then I think about being alone down there (I know, not possible) in the dark with those guys and god knows what else.. I get chills.
(3) This one is the most important one - for sure.. losing the people and pets I love or any harm coming to them. Stuff of nightmares, right there.
Going down the wrong path in life. Never realizing what I was truly born to do.
I forgot i am also afriad of Needles and losing everything i hold dearly.
and SAW in general.....I wish they'd stop making them and let it die all ready.
Uh... what? I don't see how a terrible cartoon show would terrify me in any way, shape or form.
Dino Riders > Dinosaucers
I forgot to mention wasps, bees, hornets etc. I hate the little buggers with a passion. The last time I got stung on my arm it swelled up like a balloon and I had to go to the hospital.
This list exactly +
(4) being abducted by aliens, its not something that i think about alot now, but up until i was like 12 or so i watched my window like a hawk.
Child Support payments and STD's Its funny how in College I never thought twice about STD's but now..... damn you late 20's!!!!!!
Heights, Insects, Enclosed spaces, Crowded areas, being late.
- Dying - I'm not afraid of being dead; I got over that years ago. But the actual process of dying, that scares me. I think it's uncertainty of it, mainly. Not knowing when, how, how much it's going to hurt, etc.
- Alzheimers disease - My paternal grandmother has a rapid onset case of this and her mind and functioning have just completely fallen apart the past couple of years. Imagining what it would be like to have your 'self' slip away like that scares me and I worry about getting that disease when I get older.
- Large dogs - Basically, any dog so big I can't step on it or punt it like a football if it attacks me.
- Failure, particularly disappointing my family.
- Not a "fear", per se, but the Emergency Broadcast System tests (and Amber Alert broadcasts) unsettle me. Something about the monotone voices, I think.
That nicely covers a number of things I'm afraid of, in regards to politics and economics.
Carnies.... circus folk, nomads you know... smell like cabbage... small hands.
Lakes and oceans, not themselves but what's in 'em.
Dying. So pretty much any act that leads to that result.
Separate names with a comma.