What are you afraid of?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i'm not exactly afraid of wasps but i am a lot more self-aware when i see one around me.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm like that. Then again I did fall out of a high window once so my concerns aren't entirely unfounded. I was just lucky my shoulder hit a rail on the way down that flipped me over or I'd have landed right on my skull and probably been killed.

My girlfriend and a pal and I went on the London Eye once. I thought I'd be fine since it's all enclosed and moves slowly so the transition from low to really fucking high wouldn't be as bad as, say, coming out of an enclosed lift directly onto an open rooftop. But I really didn't enjoy it and was thankful there was a bench to sit on in there because I felt a bit wobbly, which could'be been due to me having some slight balance problems due to ear damage when I was a kid. That and being able to see all around while slowly getting higher probably worked against my senses rather than helped.

There's my woman and pal and everyone else rushing about in the pod, all pressing themselves up against the curved glass to take photos and point things out to each other and I'm thinking to myself 'Sod that for a game of tin soldiers. Hurry up and park this thing'.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Exactly how I am as well.

4. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sun. Not a fear fear but I don't want the sun hitting me. Just recently found out that due to the medications I'm on, I'm "allergic" to the sun. I have a terrible break out on the skin that is getting better but if I get in direct contact with sunlight for more than a few minutes, it starts burning, itching and its irritating. Doctors have had me get shea butter and shea butter lotion to cover my skin to help protect it but it doesn't seem to work if I spend a lot of time in the sun.

I went out for a few hours earlier today and was in and out of the sun during that time. More of the time was spent in the sun that out of it, and now I'm suffering from it.

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Megatron.

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    This. It's pretty much my only fears beside things i know will kill me ie. car crashes, getting stabbed, getting shot, stuff like that

7. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i'm not afraid to die, but i am afraid of dieing alone

8. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

I am SUPER afraid of spiders.not from a distance,but if there is one close to me i freak out.

Secondly,i am really really REALLY afraid of flying.whenever i fly,my body just locks up,i feel like vomiting,and i start sweating and gripping the arm rests.

I am also really afraid losing people that are near and dear to my heart,like my family or friends.i recently just had a really good friend of mine move 6 hours away,it was really hard to see him leave.

And lastly,im a bit scared of tornadoes.we had a tornado warning in my area today and it was sure frightening.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Snakes. I get really, really nervous at the meer sight of one.

10. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Right now, it's failing at my career before it even starts.

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Yeah, it's only paranoid if it HASN'T happened.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. You can't really ever trust windows. A pal of mine leant back on a supposedly locked one while he was sitting in the sill, the catch popped open and he fell backwards out through the window. I just managed to grab him by his arm before he fully fell out, because he was difinitely going all the way out otherwise. Needless to say he's kinda wary of windows and heights now too. :p 
    I misread this as 'tomatoes'. I spent several seconds wondering why the hell anyone would be afraid of tomatoes before I realised my mistake. Hot weather meaning no sleep and Dyslexia conspire to make my reading world a strange place today.

Although I suppose it would be valid to be afraid of those Killer Tomatoes from the movies.

With regard to tornadoes, I've never been in one. My girlfriend keeps talking about going stormchasing sometime and I must admit I'd kinda like to go too since I quite like primal weather. That's not to say though that I might go and then really not like it.

13. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

I can stand some high things, but when it gets too high count me out, and I hate being turned upside down, I always have a feeling that I'm gonna fall out or something. That's why I can't ride corkscrew roller coasters or ones with loops, their almost always too high and I have a scary view of the ground not the sky.

14. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    I'm afraid of the word 'of'. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

15. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I don't like bridges over water, especially rivers, but only when they have railings. I'm fine with heights, I'm fine with water, and I'm fine with railway bridges with no sides on them, but for some reason I can't stand looking down and seeing the water through the gap beneath a railing.

16. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

being raped by chipmunks

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i'd be more scared of being raped by satanic woodland christmas critters with unimaginative names who enjoy blood orgies

18. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Chipmunks plural? Just the one is ok, but if he brings a buddy it's scary time?

19. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Bugs..ALL TYPES OF BUGS!! I'm so afraid of them that I can't even toy around with the old Beast War like bug type transformers...In the shows their cool and the way they design them..but BUGS...I just can't stand them..

20. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get absolutely hysterical at future events with no clear resolution in sight. I try not to think about them, because thinking about the endless possibilities that might happen gets me over-thinking to the point of despair.