What are the best ways to play online?

Discussion in 'Transformers Trading Card Game (TCG) Discussion' started by Spontificus, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Between the pandemic, the fact that there was no local community for this game where I live, and the official releases wrapping up, I need to find a better way to play this game remotely.

Are there any good ways to play this game online? Any sort of way to know when another player wants to play? I've seen plenty of places to discuss the game online, but playing it is another matter.

EDIT: I just checked and there is a version available for Tabletop Simulator, but I am still wondering what people would recommend.

2. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really recommend TTS. I'm not a fan of the interface.

I play via OCTGN and that's the way the freedom cup tournament is held if you want to play with others.

Download - Gaming Platform the download is free

You download the program, then go to manage games and download/install Transformers TCG. To get card images use this link:

Index of /OCTGN/Games/Transformers and in manage games add card image packs. Then you're good to go, the nice thing is Fortressmaximus.io is compatible with OCTGN and you can import export decklists easily, I also like the flat interface.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I also highly recommend OCTGN! I don't have much experience with Fortressmaximus.io so far, but I tested it for a few decks and it is quite useful!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

There is a webcam facebook group. Everyone is really friendly and up for a game as people are from all across the world playing on it: Log into Facebook | Facebook

• Like Like x 2
  5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Currently there are a few ways to play this game online. Two make use of programs to play the game: OCTGN (currnetly the more popular program) and Table Top Simulator (TTS).

Many have also resorted to playing the game via webcam using video conferencing programs (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Messinger, Facetime, etc, etc, etc).

As mentioned above, there are groups for OCTGN, TTS (I believe), and a FB group for webcam matches.

• Like Like x 1