What are the best 3rd party

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by SpaceSJ, Feb 5, 2015.

1. SpaceSJ

SpaceSJ spaceSJ

Ebay:
    Masterpiece Dinobots out there. I need all of your help. I have Mp Grimlock and want to put he's team together....

2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    First you have to define exactly what "Masterpiece" is for a 3P toy. :D 

Then the next 50 posts here will be arguing about toy-accurate vs toon-accurate leg kibble on the Dinobots, and whether that determines if a figure is, in fact, "MP". :p 

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's all opinion honestly.

However I believe most will tell you FansToys are the most masterpice quality 3P company out there. They surprass Takara's MP's.

4. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Please don't ask this question!!!!
    My advice however, is sell MP 08 and go with one of the 3rd party options as they are all doing their own Grimlock anyway.

5. SpaceSJ

SpaceSJ spaceSJ

Ebay:
    I'm new to the 3rd party line.

6. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    There are a ton of good companies out there. However if you're just straight up interested in that "masterpiece"-finish (as in just like Takara's except better) FansToys would and top honors.

There are other great companies that put out super quality work, and are meant to be displayed with MP's and are scaled correctly as well - such as BadCube, KFC (don't get their old products - start with Transistor), X-Transbots, etc...

Speaking of X-Transbots, they're putting out the most insane masterpiece level Megatron you ever did see :D 

7. SpaceSJ

SpaceSJ spaceSJ

Ebay:
    Thank you I'mm look them up.

8. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Once you delve deep into 3rd party MP figures, you and your wallet will not have a good relationship anymore. :lol  Seriously though, Fanstoys, Badcube, KFC, and X-Transbots are killing it right now. You won't go wrong with their products for your MP collection.

9. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Giga will will eventually make a much better mp grimlock of their own and their dinobots are absolutely going to be the best ones to own period. Ignore fantoys at all costs.

10. Ideefixer

Ideefixer Well-Known Member

Yeah whenever you buy a fanstoys toy God kills a puppy.
    But seriously, if you don't like their toys, for whatever reason, why take it so personal?

11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

queue shitstorm...

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah gotz yer best MP Dinos RIGHT here

[​IMG]

See that blue Triceratops? He's b0nKeRz guud :thumb 

hehe

13. TheUltraMagnus

TheUltraMagnus Well-Known Member

Never understood the whole toy accurate-toon accurate debate.

14. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Who said I am? you're presuming a bit much there.

15. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

Where did the Badcube love come from? I know they released some new prototype images but I haven't heard any stunning reviews on new products. Who are the minds behind the company.

16. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Simply put, would you rather play with a newer-better version of the toy you had as a kid, or play with a toy of what you watched on the screen as a kid? Different people have their warm fuzzy nostalgia memories in different places.

17. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

I'd go with fanstoys seeing as they're cartoon accurate and that's what I collecting but giga has the toy accurate ones. So check them both out and the ones that check the most boxes for you are the ones you should choose.

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    All the 3rd party dinobots are in a way Masterpiece Quality / Engineering.

If you want MP Scale, then you will have to actually forget about MP Grimlock, as he is a bit too small, but nevertheless, consider Fans Toys and Gigapower for the MP Scale. FT is considered more MP Toon look and the closest to the MP line of all 3rd party companies (also they use the same grey as MP-08), whilst GP is considered more MP scale Toy look and has it's own advantages of being the biggest and nice painted grey look with a lot of accessories and ratchet joints. I personally prefer FT look and engineering, but some will prefer GP, or both, and will get both. You will have to look at both and decide for yourself, or better yet, buy one of each of these 2 and then decide, and sell the one you like less. By the way, the Slag from FansToys comes with boots to make MP-08 taller, but you may or may not like his look with them, and MP-08 doesn't look bad in Dino mode with the other FT Dinos. Whichever way you go, I think you will be happy here, but honestly you may want to get their version of Grimlock.

Now, if you just want nice dinos where Grimlock is the biggest, then consider the chug scale dinos from GCreations and Toyworld and FansProject, GCreations has the largest of the CHUG scale which should look nice with MP-08, and if you happen to get all, they can combine into the biggest combiner ever ;) . Also, their Grimlock looks a lot like the MP-08 anyways ;) .

Myself, I am having my MP-08 with my Fansproject Dinos, which are smaller thant the GCreations one, and don't combine, but have that updated anime look and nice articulation in both modes. I am also collecting the FansToys for the MP Scale. I also like the looks of GigaPower and GCreations dinos, and don't like that of Toyworld at all. Planet X is also making dinos, but not at all to the look of the MP-08, but their quality and engineering is very good too.

Hope that helps, good luck on this big adventure, you will need to spend a lot of time researching ALL the 3rd party dinos and determining which one you prefer based on look / size / and other criteria you may have.