What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm agnostic, but I also believe in reincarnation.

2. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I started Higehiro and i find it pretty strange.

3. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Woo boy 25 into the original Gundam. For a 40 something year old show it still holds up pretty well. It is rather funny when they have blatant re-uses of scenes that don't quite fit. Oh look Amuro launched with the bazooka, no wait he's firing the beam rifle, but wait now the rifles gone and he's using the bazooka.

At this point this ends my experience with the show since CN yanked it from airing around now. So uncharted territory here I come!

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TV Broadcast version of SEED Destiny once infamously used Strike Gundam stock footage from the previous series to represent the Impulse Gundam at one point...

5. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I finished Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai season 1 and it was pretty good. The last episode was just trash.

6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I'll be there with my daughter. We went in 2019 for a day and a half and then bought the tickets for a full weekend in 2020 (rolled into 2021 because of Cov-19).

Not suuuper impressed with the panels, this year. 2019 had two panels with the creators of code geass, a panel with the creator of Gundam, a panel with the author+artist of Dr Stone, a retrospective on Natruto's anniversary with a few VAs. It was a great lineup.

This year, the only two panels that really pop out are the one for Attack on Titan S4 Pt2 and one with the VAs for Goku+Vegeta. They have a ton of My Hero and DemonSlayer VAs for signings, but no panels.

8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Next week in theatres. Will it make first place at the american box office like the last on did?

9. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Caught a poorly translated version of the infamous episode 15 Doan's Island on Youtube. Eeeehhh I can sort of see why it was cut. Doesn't really further any character development and just kind of serves to humanize the Zeon soldiers further.

10. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Mushoku Tensei just gets better every episode. My favorite show of season by far.

11. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
  12. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

13. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Not seeing why Komi can't communicate is so loved. Gave it 3 episodes, but nothing dragged me in or really makes me interested to keep watching weekly.

14. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

15. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I started Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai (the world god only knows) season 2. It started out well. I was shocked that the opening was 100% in English.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Kyoto Animation Shows Anime Production Through Time in Tokyo Anime Award Festival Poster

The main poster for the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2022 was unveiled today and it was drawn by none other than the artists over at Kyoto Animation.

Kyoani decided to depict how anime may have been made in the Edo, Meiji, and Taisho eras in very Nichijou-like chaos, complete with the animators wearing outfits that fit into those time periods.

[​IMG]

"The concept behind the main visual that we created was to express a scene on how anime may have been produced in the atmosphere of old Japan (Edo, Meiji, Taisho).

In addition, the subject matter is not based on the current digital production process that has become the mainstream in anime studios today, but rather the old-fashioned cell animation production."

Magnificent work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    And finally finished with Gundam 0079. Overall it was enjoyable. The first half especially still holds up well, the second half uhhh maybe not as much. Things felt kind of rushed in some areas that left to odd inconsistencies. Mirai and Slegger, wtf!? When, how, WHY!? Don't get me started on that trippy ass Newtype mumbo jumbo. Honestly never cared for it and basically just checked out after Solomon fell.

Still don't give a shit about Char and if I were to re-watch, I'd probably stop after Ramba Ral's arc.

Might start re-watch Unicron or maybe start the new season of 86 eighty-six.

18. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the second half was rushed because they cancelled the series prematurely due to low toy sales and Tomino could not use all his ideas he was saving. Also felt the same about the NewType stuff as it came like out of nowhere without a proper establishment.

19. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru is a great show. It is so different than most Isekai shows.

20. NemiMonkey

News Credits:
    Yeah I vaguely remember that from Toy Galaxy's video on the original series. Sucks to hear too because they could have easily gotten another 20 episodes out to really flesh out just what the hell a Newtype is. Right now how it's explained is something like being on LSD while hearing voices in your head.

Screw it, gonna go re-watch Unicorn now that I'm in a Gundam mood. Damn new season taking too long to air.