What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

I believe the next duel is Mai vs Marik since Kaiba duels last.

2. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

:cool: 
    You're gonna need a light-hearted series afterwards...or like, 5.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Wow, that bad.

4. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Yep I've seen that one.

Oh yeah, between the time I posted and now, I've also seen Mai and Marik's fight.
    Now I'm on Kaiba's match.

5. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Kaiba/Isis one features one of my top favorite tracks from the franchise. Enjoy.

6. Omega Supreme V

it's definitely about a 150 from what you have posted here that you watch. I watched it & didn't like it, deleted it from my HD, & found it messed up, but that's just me. IIRC, I also wanted to punch the guy a few hundred times every few episodes, so...eh.

Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy is enjoyable as the manga. I love Tomoe, and I'm probably gonna love Episode 5 or 6 whenever it's out if I'm guestimating the pacing right.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  8. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I felt I needed a show outside of my usual comfort zone. I also watch to punch Itou many times.

9. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I finished watching all 60 episodes of Hidamari Sketch. I’ve seen others consider this to be an iyashikei (which is why I tried it out), though I don’t think I quite agree.

While the show is undoubtably super chill and laid-back, it lacks the sense of atmosphere and focus on scenery that you’d expect to see from an iyashikei. It’s got a lot of that Shaft stylization going on, which I don’t think really lends itself well to those missing elements to begin with.

So it’s kinda partway there for me, but personally I’d exclude it from a list of iyashikei shows. I think it’s more in-line with standard SOL shows like K-On and Is the Order a Rabbit instead (though I’ve also come across people who view those as iyashikei as well, so it’s all in the eye of the beholder).

It’s interesting to think about how people’s personal views and criteria for this genre can vary like this. Makes for interesting discussion on how each person defines what Iyashikei means to them. Regardless, even though I don’t fully see it as iyashikei, I like the show for what it is.

Now that I’m done, I’m sad to see it go; it was nice to just chill each night with some low-stakes episodes like these. It may not have elicited the same feelings as a full-on iyashikei would have for me, but I’m glad to have watched it for the feelings it did draw out of me.

Notably, I had considered watching Hidamari Sketch a few times in the past. Around September of last year I almost did, but a couple clips I had watched on YouTube kinda put me off it then. Obviously in hindsight it’s silly that that happened; I’m glad I eventually gave it a fair-shake.

I think Yuno is my favorite of the characters, which maybe isn’t surprising since she is the MC. She’s cute though, so points to her regardless.

Hiro’s the runner-up, since I admire her responsibility and caring demeanor.

Miya and Sae fill their roles well. I like that they didn’t push Miya to the extreme like they easily could have. Sure she’s out-there, but a different show would’ve gone all-in and made her a total chaos factor.

Nori and Nazuna are kinda just there, which is mainly due to them just not getting the same level of focus as the others (which is somewhat unavoidable with them being in two fewer seasons). They get a little at least, but I would’ve liked to see them fleshed-out a bit more. As it is, Nori’s kinda just the straight-man, and Nazuna’s just a shyer Yuno.

Maybe that’ll change if another season ever comes about. I know the source material goes beyond where the show stops (and is still going to this day), so it’s always a possibility. Plus, it’d be a shame to never see Yuno’s graduation.

Overall, happy to have finally watched this chill series, regardless of however you choose to classify it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Finished season 1 of Fairy Tail today, 8 more to go…

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Where is Dynazeon available?

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funimation

13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Damn.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They've got it up for free, no subscription/login required. They're apparently in the middle of updating it with the dual-audio version, but subtitled Japanese is available for the whole series.

15. Omega Supreme V

How is it? I remember I tried to get into it back in 2014, but was daunted at the number of episodes it had & went with something else after a few episodes.

That's good to hear. Do tell what you think of it, as I was in my "just starting to watch anime full-time" phase when I tripped into School Days, so my views at the time were different from now, but I still can't be bothered to re-watch it

16. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    It’s good, not great, but good. No shortage of a variety of characters. Even though the sub is considered superior, the dub makes for easier binging(and it’s solid). Remove the filler episodes for a better experience, it will ultimately cut down the total of 328 episodes, down to 267(I may be off with that number).

Watch guide if you want it.

Fairy Tail - Watching Guide - by Halex | Anime-Planet

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  17. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Watched Chirin's Bell. Don't let its cutesy look fool you, it is one of those dark children's film with messed up stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

No problem. I will tell you what I think when I finish.

19. Omega Supreme V

Nope, Happened in episode 4 with Tomoe & Mio fighting over who was the strongest, absolutely loved that.

20. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Watched One Off, a short OVA series. Only 4 episodes of 15 minutes (or 2 episodes of 30 depending on where you watch it), so it doesn’t have a lot of time to flesh things out.

It does contain a lot of rural, mountainous scenery to look at, and I think it leaves you with a good message about chasing your dreams despite how hard it might seem. I like how the main character does experience meaningful growth over only an hour of total runtime as well.

Motorbikes/cycles feature heavily as well, so it has that in common with shows like Super Cub and Laid-Back Camp (Honda had a hand it in after all).

Just a short little ride at the end of the day. Not amazing, but it’s not a bad way to spend and hour. Probably could’ve worked as a full season if they wanted it to, but it is what it is.