What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Man the Crunchyroll App sucks on the Xbox One. I've been binge watching Black Clover but everyday when I reopen it I have to close the app once or twice, or log off and log back in on the app to get the video to finally play. Its so annoying, almost as annoying as when they play one of their three ad breaks during the video they just play the same ad three times before resuming.

Anyway, finished season one of Overlord on Hulu and jumping over to Crunchyroll to binge watch Black Clover before watching Season 2 of Overlord. Then jumping back to Hulu for Season 3 of Overlord. Before finally jumping back to Crunchyroll and finish Season 2 of Konosuba. No way I'll get this done in time for Season 5 of My Hero or the final Season of Attack on Titan but its at least a start to finish some of my watchlist on Myanimelist.net

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think that's just Crunchyroll in general as I have always had issues watching anything on the PS3 or PS4. Videos always went in and out of HD constantly and sometimes just froze all together.

4. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I loved the fight between Koyomi and Karen in Nisemonogatari.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was certainly a spectacle.

Of note for Monogatari, take everything that happens in it with a grain of salt, especially in terms of the visuals. The idea is that the stories are heavily coloured by the narrator's own personality or opinions. So you may notice how characters' personalities seem to subtly change from scene to scene (most notably Senjougahara, who acts far more teasingly and sadistic to Araragi than anyone else. She's an entirely different character, practically, when she interacts with Hanekawa).

So while Karen and Koyomi probably did get into a sibling tussle, they probably didn't level a viaduct in the process.

That effect of presentation certainly makes unpacking the series as a whole quite an experience in itself.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gaastra

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Watching Jujutsu Kaisen and finally started Love is War. So far I’m enjoying both series a lot.

8. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I thought there was no way this was real, but it was still fun to watch. I finally saw the infamous toothbrush episode.

9. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

A good friend of mine got me the Mobile Suit Gundam blu-ray set for my birthday earlier this year. I usually just watch the movies, so it's a nice treat to see the original series with the dub I grew up with again.
    Gotta love how seeing this in high definition makes every speck of dust completely visible on the cels, lmao.

10. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Finished SKET Dance, a 78-episode comedy series. As always, you’re mileage will vary depending on your sense of humor. Some episodes made me laugh, some episodes bored me. It does include references to other anime, but not to an extreme degree (though, surprisingly, it does reference Bakuman four times).

Most of the comedy is derived from the eccentricities of the characters colliding in different ways, which normally is at least enough to maintain your attention. But there are some bleh episodes in the mix, which might not be surprising given it ran for so long.

The serious episodes (many of which are flashbacks) are definitely the highlights, since not only do they tend to take a pretty dark turn, but also really give the main cast some necessary depth. I wish we could’ve seen more of these, though.

Most characters at least fill their role in the story, and a good number (the main three, Captain, Roman, Momoka, etc) are quite fun to watch. Some are just kinda of there, and one in particular (Saaya) I was not all that fond of. She felt kinda forced into the story just to create drama with Bossun and Himeko, and she doesn’t have anything going for her besides that role. She is a tsundere with huge tits though, so if that’s your thing.

Long story short, it’s fun, but it’s length does result in some inconsistent quality. There were episodes I had to force myself through, but also episodes that really grabbed me. A good example of a neat 7/10.

11. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Stand by me 2 new trailer. The first has a english dub. Any chance they might release it here aready?

Much more dark then the main cells at work. One part looks like a scary movie!

How many "so i'm a" shows are they going to make?

12. Gaastra

News Credits:
  13. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

After reading the novels, I can say that this has a lot to set it apart from other isekai series (at least the ones I've watched/read). And if it gets enough seasons, well... Let's just say there are some twists.

14. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Still on One Piece, now in the middle of Marineford Arc.

Whitebeard takes the cake for best singular character in this series. His crew is cool too.

15. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I was watching more Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and the here comes Dai sensei. Her voice is instantly recognizable. This show has been nothing less than hilarious. I finished Strike the Blood III. How many girls does Akatsuki Koujo end up with up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

You're going to still be on One piece for like another 10 years. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  17. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Current episode of Gundam Build Divers Battlelogue

nice to see the Barbatos Lupus Rex, II Neo Zeong and Bael

Also,
    seeing Bael (Magee) getting beaten (or rather flattened) by May was hilarious
    :lol 

19. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I am up to Nekomonogatari now. What took me so long to watch this series.

20. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member