What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't gotten around to the second and third seasons of Overlord yet, but I've certainly heard that the lizardman arc is the low point of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching Konosuba - Legend of Crimson and it honestly did not disappoint. It actually revitalized that desire for another season, it's just silly fun and I love it to death.

Oh yeah also watched the newest Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki, not a damned clue what the hell is going on but it's nice at least that the novels were covered. Also Tennyo is friggin hilarious.

3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All I know after my 2nd exam the 24th, I'm going to binge watch t Golden Kamui and Enen no shouboutai over Thanksgiving. I've put off watching this season and havent seen the 2nd for Kamui so I 'll have a lot to watch. Probably watch Oregairu, can only put it off for so long. I knew how it was going to end, because I knew it was going to be rough.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

When I first saw Evangelion many years ago, I was both confused and disturbed by what's going on. After re-watching it now the psychological parts became more understandable and relatable following my depression and seeing and hearing the exact same things I went through that phase.

I've been also watching some of old Hideaki Anno interviews where his thought process explains what was he thinking when he made the series. I really recommend watching them.

5. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

Kamisama ni Natta Hi episode 6 left me a sobbing mess, it was just so sad.

I finished Strike the Blood season 1. The last 2 episodes made me laugh. The Himeragi clone was just to funny. I love Asumi Kana. Her familiar being named Hasta made me grin. I am a huge Nyaruko fan.

Now I really want to read the light novels.

6. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

One Piece has been the main one. Watched a bit when it was on 4Kids. But the beginning of this year or a little before I decided to sit down and actually watch it. Current update is I finished the Sabaody Archipelago Arch and now watching the Amazon Lily Arc.

What I thought was silly when I was a kid, I am now thoroughly invested in.

7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't do the One Piece anime anymore and it's my favorite manga series. It is uneccessarily long just because they didn't want to take breaks, so instead, they cover half to a quarter a manga chapter per episode, which is ridiculous. The new arcs in anime form make the Freeza saga look quick.

The movies are awesome though and I'll continue to support those, but I wish Funimation would finally go back and get the earlier ones.

8. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Not so much watching, but I've been making backup/digital copies of a bunch of my DVDs and Blurays (not just anime). I dug out my old Blue Submarine No. 6 DVD set and there were a couple surprises in there.

First, the series has only four episodes, but there are three disks. The last disk is only for extras. So you would think there would be two episodes per disk on the other two, right? Well, sort of. They are, for some reason, double-sided DVDs. Each side has only one episode. Thing is, aside from the last episode they're pretty much standard ~25 minute episodes (I think the fourth episode is 40 minutes). Just such a weird thing to do.

Second, it turns out I left a promotional insert in there. It had a bunch of release and pricing information from 2003. Here it is:
    Old school prices.jpg
    And this is, effectively, why I'm perfectly fine paying up to $10 bucks a month on multiple streaming services. Back then I was regularly dropping $10 per episode when I was a baby (read: late teens/early twenties) anime fan. Even multiple streaming services are cheap compared to how things used to be. Could you imagine trying to watch an entire season's worth of series paying these prices? It would be basically impossible unless you were living out of your parents' basement (which, to be fair, some people were).

9. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

That is rather expensive for so few episodes. It is almost like Japan. Their blu-rays are so expensive.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  10. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I like how they set up Tsukasa of Fly Me to the Moon to be this super mysterious, "who is this girl that the MC fell in love with at first sight?", and in the next 100 or so chapters it's just super fun SoL romedy because Everybody loves TV and Manga, especially Space Jawsnado which will definitely be a movie in 2022 if not sooner

11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann. I knew literally nothing of the series until just now. It’s different...and I think it’s worth continuing. I wasn’t expecting the cheesecake...lol...

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I used to have those Witch Hunter Robin and .hack releases. Missed out on Kikaider though.

I still can't believe how many series listed on there though are still unlicensed again in America. You would think someone would have rescued everything Bandai had done in the early 2000s by now like Witch Hunter Robin, the .hack series, Kikaider, Silent Mobius, Argento Soma, Crest/Banner of the Stars, etc. But then, there are still a lot of ADV releases that have yet to get rescued like RahXephon and Bubblegum Crisis 2040 that deserve the Blu-Ray treatment too.

13. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Holy Shit does this look awful ANN made an entire article criticizing it!

Why Does The Crunchyroll Original Series EX-ARM Look So Awful?

So basically, instead of hiring animation director, they went for a live-action director and instead of doing actual animation they went with motion-capture! I think I owe Polygon Studio an apology...!

14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We watched the next four episodes to Overlord 2 tonight. Now THOSE were damn good episodes. Sabis is freaking awesome and I loved all of the political stuff that was happening as it had intrigue to it. The princess also seems like she is going to be a bat shit insane character to watch and I am looking forward to it. The Blue Rose gang seems pretty cool too, so they're probably going to die by the end of the season.

15. justifiable homicide

justifiable homicide Banned

After watching SAC_2045, I've been revisiting the Stand Alone Complex continuity of Ghost in the Shell (SAC, 2nd GIG, SSS)

Love at first sight is bullshit, in my eyes. People who haven't learned that looks are not everything need to grow the fuck up. The reason why I've rejected all women that I've encountered so far is because I am able to see past the superficial shit and see the person for who they really are, not for who I want them to be. Anybody who is even remotely good at profiling should have noticed that every woman I've rejected was a "normal" woman. Normal women bore me.

16. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I watched the Strike the Blood OVA. It was not what I was expecting.

17. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

It'd be good if it was in the early 2000s. What were the paint splotches supposed to be anyways?

Youre going to make me want to rewatch Strike the Blood all over again, I do miss some Sayaka and La Folia moments though...I don't remember the first OVA at all, what were you expecting that it probably blew out of the barrel?

18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finished Overlord Season 2. The last few episodes were freaking fantastic. I am definitely looking forward to jumping into Season 3 this weekend.

19. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

The lack of steam in the bath scene.

20. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

I'm rewatching the Magic User's Club OVA series, and I just happened to notice that one of the incantations (a shrinking spell) is a transliteration of "ia shub niggurath". Turns out one of the script writers, Chiaki J. Konaka, is into the Cthulhu Mythos. Which becomes a little more obvious considering his involvement in Digimon Tamers/season 3.