What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Misaka Worst finally appears! and why have a new intro and ending song now with like, 6 episodes left? Too soon, I want more! There's still plenty of story after this, right?

• Like Like x 2
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Index-verse has always been pretty asymmetric with its openings/ending. It's never been an even 12/12 division.

And there's a shit-ton of Index left. This season should only mark the end of the original LN series. The series afterward is re-branded, "New Testament", and there's like... 10 (I dunno, haven't kept up with that) more novels of that.

For this year specifically, we're also getting a third season of Railgun (likely covering the "Daihaisei" and "Liberal Arts City" arcs, both hinted at in Railgun Season 2), and also they're launching Accelerator's spin-off series as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CyberBlade507

CyberBlade507 Well-Known Member

Just started My love Story/Oremonogatari. After the first episode I feel like it's either going to be a very sweet show, or a very frustrating one.

4. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    It’ll be very sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    For all the Saitama fans!

6. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I recently viewed the fireworks movie. The animation style was great but that's about it. I couldn't wait until it was over.

7. Omega Supreme V

Yeah, I expected more from it, but it really was just, something to watch, not much else. Looking forward to that I'll eat your liver or whatever strange titled one though. and I need to get around to watching that Benio movie too, was looking forward to that one for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma Imagine Breaker TFW2005 Supporter

I saw that episode and seeing Misaka Worst made me smile. Hopefully the other Misaka Imouto return. One of them is definitely in Russia. The new intro is so much better it sounds more like a Kurosaki Maon song and less than her trying to be Kawada Mami. It is 26 episodes.

I am so up for more Railgun, I love Misaka Mikoto more than Touma (being a guy I wouldn't use Misaka Mikoto as my username). New Testament just had book 21 come out and it has gotten strange.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I'm loving Megalobox, I had to tear myself away after bingeing 6 eps & to think I had totally slept on it last year.
    Still following: slime reincarnation, jojo, index 3, & alicazation.

Dropping: shield hero, radiant, black clover

Picked up: the promised Neverland(watch it, & avoid spoilers!!!) Boogiepop, average days of high school boys, mob psycho s2,

10. Kamijou Touma

I am starting Gundam X, it is the last Gundam series I have not seen.

I am having Hidaka Rina overload this season. She is in Tensei Slime, Index 3 and Tate no Yuusha.

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Crystalline

News Credits:
    Does anybody know anything about a dvd/bluray release of the Konosuba dub?

12. Omega Supreme V

What do you mean by "strange"? Must be really something considering Index universe

13. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Jesus. If they carry on at the rate of the first two seasons, with about two novels per season, then that's another ~10 seasons of Index if they're in it for the long haul. Even if they step up the pace and cram in 3 novels (like this season), then that's still 7 seasons just to catch up.

If nothing else, JCStaff has their gravy train as long as the franchise still retains popularity.

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Ultra Instinct Shaggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Memes can be real fun to see.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kamijou Touma

Gakuen Toshi is basically a dead city, no power. Misaka and her schoolmates left. Touma and Alister Crowley are working together in England to destroy the Magic Cabal and rescue Crowley's daughter. Alister himself is now a beautiful wizard girl. Accelerator, Hamazura and Takitsubo are there too. In Light Novel 21 Misaka herself arrives, in England to help.

16. godotislate

godotislate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder whether it will maintain popularity. I don't know that I'm the average Index watcher, but I have seen all the previous episodes, the movie, and all of Railgun. But after all these years, the amount that I don't recall is enough to make this newest season nearly indecipherable for me. And I'm not particularly inclined to rewatch all those original episodes, either.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    It was certainly a questionable decision to have a 7 year break in between franchise entries, for a fairly plot/continuity-heavy series. It's not like they needed to give the novels a bit of lead time.

18. godotislate

godotislate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get that they're basically targeting the LN readers now. I'm just curious how much of an audience those people are.

It's kind of like the Mahouka movie released 2 years ago: that movie was clearly targeted to LN novel readers, because anybody else watching wouldn't know who a couple major characters are.

19. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Really? Just go to MAL and every episode discussion is the same "JC STAFF RUINED IT" argument.

20. Omega Supreme V

That's most of the arguments, wait no, "debates" I've seen on those forums...it's a mess.

I'm just glad to have it back, but I did like the series enough to rewatch parts of it to get a refresher, and even then, they throw a bunch of new characters this season. More Kanzaki and Itsuwa are always nice though.