What anime series are you currently watching?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrhillz, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I started 3D Kanojo Real Girl season 2 and it is a good as season 1.

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Mob Psycho 2 is good

Ueno-san has a fun female lead but the straight man of the show is a little too dull for the jokes to really soar. Comedy is a bit of a misfire but it's still cute.
    [​IMG]

Dororo is very cool
    [​IMG]

Manaria Friends is Grea's anime and she's very cute
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    is a very wholesome anime please dont let the gifs fool you

The Ace Attorney anime has been pretty awful in adapting the third game. They basically frontloaded all the "filler" and backended all the "main plot" which really hurts intrigue and build up. Godot, the main antagonist, is basically a non-entity because of these decisions and adding in filler episodes that have Edgeworth making appearances is probably the worst kind of pandering at his expense. His animosity isn't conveyed at all and we're basically going to get 2 flashback cases in a row which is terrible for pacing.
    It's still funny to watch though
    [​IMG]

This season is pretty good, lots of good anime in a lot of genres.

4. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

The feels I am getting from White Album 2 and SukaSuka are starting to get to me. I feel sad for Chtholly and Setsuna.

5. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Grea was my 1st suptix, and damn right she's cute. So I'm seeing that it is just an OVA (like how they're doing Strike the Blood III) or something? since I had to go back in my channel's history to find it. That's a shame, I could always go for more Grea & Anne adventures. Lou had a fun entrance too.

Pastel Memories doing their own eel version of Order is a Rabbit was nice, seems like that'll be good to watch.

2nd Episode of Shield Hero was good too! Glad my guess on the extended 1st episode just being the 1st two episodes was wrong, it seems like it'll get a decent way through the source material too.

I'm on the 6th episode of Revisions, and honestly I just want someone to slap/kick the ass of that MC guy with the hero complex. Really annoys the crap outta me and almost made me drop it.

Grimms Notes is ok. It's kinda close to Grimm and Gritty (manga which I prefer more) but it's interesting to see current/distorted takes of old fairy tales

I just watched the first 2 episodes of Kemurikusa and it's unusual. Nice action, future apocolypse story, probably would prefer to watch it in bunches though

6. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished SSSS.Gridman

I guess they can no longer make the story so long huh? :lol 
    Just 12 episodes. But I love the animation.

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    What's the feeling on Gen:Lock in here? Does it count as anime? Am I even in the right thread?

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My review of Sailor Moon Crystal Season 2:

9. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Binged My Little Monster and now my face hurts from laughing. Kind of bummed there was no second season to wrap everything up, but still a very enjoyable watch. I do regret not watching it in tandem with The Ancient Magus' Bride though. Still procrastinating on that one..........oh boy.

Eh, influenced by it design wise for sure, but I don't see it as anime. Just personal opinion not speaking for everyone in the thread.

If your looking for discussion on the show you probably would have better luck here: gen:LOCK - starring Michael B. Jordan, Dakota Fanning, Kōichi Yamadera, and David Tennant

• Like Like x 1
  10. Puck Hockey

The new Gridman character song releases have Aoi Yuuki singing as Borr, it's basically a symphogear song and that's great

I still only have her event version lol, I'm saving to spark for her now though.
    I'm pretty sure this is 10 episodes, it's just that each episode is only half length, so kind of an OVA but there should be more coming at least.

Wasn't there supposed to be a big twist in Pastel Memories where it's not sol like GochiUsa?

You're probably find more discussion using the link to the thread Nemi provided above, that or the RWBY thread since it has the same guys behind it.

11. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I watched the 2nd episode of Tate no Yuusha and I am hooked I love this show. Raphtalia is so cute, I just need my Filo kick.

12. Omega Supreme V

Oh, there is. It's just the 2nd episode featured that series.

So who's this Kinuhata Saiai (thanks unknown phone call girl at the end of the episode) aka Ultra-ultra girl who showed her panties in Index III? Just another sudden character popping up? I can't keep up with all these new ones anymore...

13. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

She is a member of ITEM with Mugino, Frenda, Hamazura and Takitsubo. In the anime she 1st shows in Railgun in a cameo but is in the Sisters arc of Railgun S multiple times.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  14. Omega Supreme V

Ah I see, I never did get around to finishing Railgun. Pretty sure I stopped either when the girl who always flips the flower hairband's skirt up get powers, or when the blonde rival is introduced...Again though, too many names and it's been too long for me to remember it.

Yay! Lost Butterfly (is what I'm watching now)

15. Puck Hockey

'twas a good episode of Ace Attorney. Love the new ed
    [​IMG]

16. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

I am starting Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance it looks like something I would like.

17. Omega Supreme V

It's decent, but it's another one of those "needed at least one more season to make complete sense" shows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma ミサカ10032

How many animes do not need a second season.

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    First off, we bought out tickets for Gundam NT.

Secondly, we watched episodes 3 and 4 are Boogiepop and Others. Now that they have completed the first story arc I need to rewatch the first three episodes again. It was terrific and I really want to see what Funimation does with their dubbed version of it. From what I hear they recast everyone from the Phantom dub, which is a shame that they didn't at least get Crispin Freeman to reprise his role. Well whatever, that's for another discussion later.

Both episodes were great, though, the animation seemed to take a dip in quality. Like one scene the character's faces disappeared. It wasn't like in the first episode when they had a big crowd of people and their faces were missing since they were meant to be nobodies (at least, I'm hoping that's why they didn't draw their faces and it wasn't just laziness), no, this was the trio of characters got up, started to walk towards the screen and their faces disappeared. Also, the battle scene between Echoes and the Manticore looked Dragonball Super levels of bad.

The fourth episode, which kicked off the next book was great. It ended way too soon though. I want the rest of this story now.

20. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Just finished Zankyou no Terror. I really enjoyed it, aside from the Engrish. The cinematography and soundtrack really made this anime so much better.