What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Mewtwo, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I was wondering something.

Am I missing something somewhere where the TF's in RID reformatted? I'm asking because I have RID Volume 1 and between "The Death of Optimus Prime" and RID 1 the TF's have changed their forms. For example Sideswipe is G2 Sideswipe when we first see him meet prime in TDOP, but in RID he's his FOC form. So... did I miss some side issue somewhere where they showed them changing? Was it explained somewhere?

2. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

More of an artist change than body mode change

3. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    No, as it was acknowledged in-story.

To answer your question, Mewtwo, the characters took on Cybertronian alt-modes in between TDOOP and RiD.

4. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, I believe it was mentioned (forget which issue) that Wheeljack fitted all the Autobots out with new Cybertronian modes between TDOOP and MTMTE #1.

What's slightly more curious is the Decepticons, who already have Cybertronian forms in TDOOP. I've seen it theorised that perhaps merging into the 'Deceptigod' somehow affected their alt-modes, and that they had the new bodies as soon as they de-merged.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Given Soundwave has his Cybertronian mode immediately after said events, I think that's likely.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

In between? But was it actually shown or stated in any issues? If it's in between TDOOP and RID then what issues or specials? Or do you mean it was just stated but never shown?

So it was stated but was it ever shown in issues I'm missing or something?

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was indeed stated but not shown. I think in one of the first couple of issues a character (probably Bumblebee) notes how Wheeljack upgraded them with fresh Cybertronian modes.

One thing that's never really explained is that Cybertron is a fully metal planet: Earth modes, especially cars, would probably have a hard time driving around in most weather conditions. It's feasible they'd want to change back to something with more grip. :) 

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    In the first issue of RID Bumblebee states that Wheeljack equipped all bots with new modes as a sign of "new beginning on Cybertron" or something like that.

It was never shown. Generally rebuilding and changing forms is never shown but it is mentioned.

It was actually in All Hail Megatron, Bumblebee had trouble driving around in his earth form because he kept slipping.

One of the rare things that McCarthy did good.

9. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Yes, Bumblebee notes that Wheeljack outfitted everyone with Cybertronian altmodes, and Metalhawk notes that the move was rather prudent.