What alt modes would you have put in the game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Sep 26, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The Construction Vehicles would heave weapons but would have healing or constructing abilities, like building turrets, instead of offensive ones like Whirlwind.

2. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Thankyou. Though fairly standard vehicles like Trucks and Tanks can be fun to use, ultimately I feel that these games really need to move more towards capturing the WONDERMENT that is Transformers - I want to see a multiplayer where you see a Lion leap off a high platform to swipe at an acid spitting insect flying through the air, where a T-Rex and Powershovel grapple as a robot riding a motorcycle races past trying to escape from a missile toting mechanical owl, before engaging a gorilla and crab hurling rocks at each other.

The game should be full of such outlandish yet thrilling and exciting spectacles that takes you right back to your childhood.

3. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i'd have had a seperate beast class.

4. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    A Formula 1 Car. Maybe a NASCAR too :p 

5. CaricondaBatrap

CaricondaBatrap Active Member

Agreed. I really hope HMS reevaluates their classes for the third game. Not that the current classes aren't fine, but having classes limited to "fast guy, slow guy, middle-range guy, jet" isn't conducive to beast forms.

6. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Not sure how it would translate to multiplayer because of hitboxes etc, but a 'supreme commander/convoy' class would be fun, say Powermaster Optimus, Magnus, Motormaster, Onslaught (redesigned to be the artillery truck from G1) and they'd all either combine with their trailers or simply transform as normal (the two 'cons I mentioned) for their huge bot-modes. I think anyway, something like this would have been great for the campaign.

7. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

I always thought that there should be an ability for the Destroyers which turns them into a stationary but strong turret. Also the appearance should be changed by the chassis, so a turret on Optimus like the one in his trailer, and Soundwave's music player mode.

8. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YAh.... always ground pound is pretty awesome. I'm so down for making some of black-out build
    I would love to see the second power thing come back. One that on a time like how FoC has it and one power that alway goes off automaticlly. Like ground pound when flying. Or shock wave when transforming. Or being able to ram and deal damage.
    Ya...that's a good idea that makes the wheels in my head spin

your fired from this fandom.

Yup. something other than cars shot would be far more interesting. A Mixxer that drops that slime everywhere it drives

Supreme mode and stuff like that would be confusing i think. But i mostly agree with you. I want to play huge as transformers. I wantna play Leapers and autobot-titans from story mode

The Music player or some other form of deployer-altmode would be awesome.

OH man....what do you think of this? For Deployers (Soundwave/Blaster) you find a place to hide, transform to Deployer-mode and eject a tape guy who you get to control, and has some awesome power and when you tape guy 'dies' he doesn't die, instead he runs back to to deployer for a recharge. (This would also reveal your current location to anyone paying attention). The Tape guys wouldn't be able to kill players or cap points but have some sort of super annoying power, like push back, or lock transformation, or make any target there looking at. Something like that would be cool.

Speaking of this.Why isn't that sentry gun some sort of 'not-laser-beak'. I think that'd be way cooler than a ball-gun.

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I haven't played the game yet but I want a busformer. I've been wanting to see one for a long time now. Doesn't matter which continuity.

10. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya ya man. Sounds awesome.

Building a turret would be awesome.

11. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Freakin Helicopters...oh wait >:) 

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Uhm, okay.

13. Glass_of_water

lion, tiger, eagle, bull and rhino... even if it doesn't make sense lol.
    although i wouldn't be apposed to cybertronian versions of the predacons either :D  hmmm.

14. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

It wouldn't be difficult to write that somewhere in the timeline, Shockwave has jumped across dimensions and researched creatures from different time periods, and created the Predacons to combat his escaped Dinobots.

The bigger mystery is why a Bull and Rhino are considered predators.

15. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Not a big fan of "beasts" but in the sense of already having Dinobots and Insecticons and there being a community of TF Beast Wars fans anyway, a Beasts DLC would be acceptable.

But within the context of vehicle-based lore, flatbed truck Destroyers would be different if you think about Kup.

And a variety of different looking Infiltrators and Destroyers would increase the Autobot diversity while a wider selection of jets, tanks and bulkier alt-modes would seem to fit more with the Con feel of bigger, nastier and brutish.

16. Glass_of_water

ask the grass :D  they make good sturdy defense types atleast ^-^

17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

well actually think about it, there are already animals on cybertron including ravage, ramhorn, razorclaw(cassetticon) and lazerbeak + ratbat, it wouldn't be that hard to just upgrade decepticons into these creatures.

plus on cybertron some of the fauna include roboppossums and roboguniepigs (look it up), plus the exception of cyber wolves and turbo foxes, all real look it up

(turbo foxes are what mirage use to hunt)

18. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Ravage, Ratbat, Ramhorn and Razorclaw are not in these games.

19. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Still there is the fauna

20. SlagSwoopSnarl

SlagSwoopSnarl BUT PRAHM.

A boat that goes over land instead of water! Its special ability is to annoy the enemy team with the awful scraping and groaning noise it produces as it moves along the ground. It's totally Foolproof!