What alt modes would you have put in the game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Sep 26, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jet, Car, tank and other car are cool. But I feel like there could have been more.

[Forget about game balance, please. And with that said I know someone is still going to mention it. This isn't a 'that should change this' thread, it's more of a 'wouldn't it be cool if...']

The game is; your alt mode is linked to the strength and weakens of your class. But i would have liked to been able to pick my alt mode.

It would be weird and complicated it you just had a list of alt modes. But i think if the divided it between 4 or 5 alt mode types something like;
    flying vehicle
    ground vehicle (The three type of wheeled vehicle would all but in this)
    turret/cannon/battle-platform (A station turret, or artillery gun, or a station status emitting device)
    beast. (Able to have Grimlocks Rage, cause i think we all want that.)

And then further more get to choose between having a light or medium or heavy weapons which would affect the speed of the vehicle. So I can having a Destroyer that turns into a flying tank but it's be very slow. Or maybe for beast Grimlock's Rage is the heavy weapon, and for the light beast it's just a melee attack on an alt mode). And maybe for 'turret' if you pick Soundwave's alt mode (the not-tape deck) and you'd slow or damage everyone around you but couldn't move.

What would you guys want to see?

fin.

2. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Motorcycle: Able to fit in areas nobody else can. Would have shortcuts to get to nodes in Conquest.
    Battlestation: Transforms into an immobile piece of artillery. Very tough and can be used as cover for other team mates.
    Weapon: Transforms and attaches to other team mates and fires independently like a shoulder mounted turret.

3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Stationary alt modes. Cannon emplacements that pack huge punches, disruption machines that stun enemies, things that actually blend in with your surroundings...

I should head to sleep instead of posting.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    scooters

/lisp

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    We need Brawl's turret mode.

6. Super Lazuli

Super Lazuli Active Member

+1ing the turrets and the motorcycles.

Titans should have another alt mode but I couldn't possibly think of what. Construction vehicles maybe? Or some cybertronian equivalent.

Also, less an alt-mode specifically, but there should be some kind of triplechanger option. Perhaps as its own game mode.

You know it would be boss.

7. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    There should be a turret mode ability. It would function like Grapple, but when you pull the trigger you go over to the target location and transform into a really strong turret temporarily.

8. Super Lazuli

Super Lazuli Active Member

That would also be an interesting way to do it.

Actually that's a pretty decent way to handle the triplechanger thing too. Since anything with the turret ability would be a triplechanger by default.

9. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

A cybertronian motorcycle for scouts would be hella cool, a weird flatbed truck for leaders, and H-Tanks for soldiers because what sci-fi with tanks in it is complete without H-tanks?

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    But Marauders are X-tanks!

11. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Loads of my old ideas:

Motorcycle: Small and quick, can be ridden by team mates

Gun: Very big (like the heavy weapons from the first game), can be picked up and used by team mates, you get an assist for every kill they score wielding you.

Industrial: Construction vehicles, basically Trucks but with half the ammunition, can melee using their power tools (drills, shovels, buckets etc)

Small Beast (Wolves, Lions, Tigers etc): Fast moving, agile, high jump, good melees

Big Beast (Rhino, Bull, Elephant etc): Slower than smaller versions but heavily armoured and has crushing melee power.

Humanoid (Gorillas, monsters like Blot and Squeezeplay). Reasonable speed and armour, can grab both enemies and scenery and throw them around.

Air Beast (Birds, Bats, Insects etc). Lower ammunition than jets, but can perform aerial melees and diving attacks.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    this

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Titan Class (the Soldiers would not be renamed as Titans): Based on the campaign Titans but crossed with the Leapers. Bigger, stronger and slower than Soldiers, the Titans would transform into a stationary gun emplacement. In both modes they are twice as enduring as Soldiers but could be killed by strikes to power packs on the back of both modes.

Construction Vehicles: Like the Dinobots, these would be skins for preexisting Classes. However unlike the Dinobots, when you equip a construction vehicle, you take on a preset ability based around healing (exclusive to construction vehicles now) or constructing devices like turrets.

Beasts: A separate class for the Dinobots and insecticons. They all play like Grimlock. However, while the shield can absorb laserfire, disks and Melee, they are vonerable to explosive weapons like the Riot Cannon, Rocket Launcher and grenades. However for some level of fairness, the shield does help against explosives. Just not much.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Meh I'm fine with the types we have I just have an insatiable desire for more parts. Tripple the number of parts for everything and I might be more satisfied... probably not...

Also the ability to paint individual pieces and choose paint style... and have bot mode parts have a visible affect on alt mode.

15. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YAH! what a great idea! The scooter would have the robot's face on the front. Man...what a boss idea....no wait....i mean your a idiot ;P

I wasn't think of him when i said turrets or artillery. But yah...we really do.

Triple change mabye....if like your robot gave up a weapon for a 3rd mode? hmmm....

Interesting idea with the bikes. That would be cool to be a construction thingy and drill through a wall, or build a breakable barrier.
    OH! small beast high jump and Air beast diving......i like those ideas ALOT

-OH YAH! That something i wished for in the first game. A thing for me in the transformers world is very different sizes and powers. I want to play a Titan or leaper so badly.
    I think it's be cool to play that autobot-titan. You can deply homeing bombs and healing orbs and the trade off? Well turning is hard and EVERYONE WILL BE GUNNING FOR YOU. I love it.
    -Cool idea with the construction vehicles...so would they do? Not have bullet but have a heal power?
    -And the Rage Beast guys won't have guns as the trade off for the awesome shield right, yah? that'd be cool. With some team work i can see some very interesting matches there.

16. CaricondaBatrap

CaricondaBatrap Active Member

I absolutely love your ideas, especially the beast forms.

17. Decitron

Decitron The Heavy

X-tanks are just H-tanks that can't hold their drinks.

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Heavy flyer - A slow version of the scientist theese would appear mostly as big helicopters they would tank cannon blast's but a little less powerful and when they transform in the air the automaticly go into a ground pound.

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A unicycle with guns mounted on it.

20. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

Construction vehicles in the Destroyer and Titan classes. Instead of having vehicle mode weapons give them a powerful but short range melee ability that also has a small effect on enemies i.e a crane slamming a cannonball around, or a bulldozer ramming and lifting opponents into the air, or a driller wildly spinning its victims around its drill and leaving the opponent temporarily disoriented, or a steamroller flattening others and immobilizing them for like 2 seconds or something. Simply because construction vehicles with projectile weapons seems rather unfitting