What alt-mode do you prefer for Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Pikatron, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

1- Gun mode, only becasue that's the one I showed off the most.

2- RID Megatron, becasue he seemed like he finally had all the damn powers he wanted. Like a true evil over lord. 1o frikn modes. Plus dragon mode was awesome. Always wanted a 2 headed dragon toy that had good articulation.

3- Armada tank - was really alot of fun and was a good use for all those minicons with turrets

2. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I'll still go with gun. The toy of a character always means a lot more to me than the cartoon incarnation and what doesn't make sense or work well within the cartoons (the whole idea of transformers doesn't really make sense...why would they transform into humanoids and human-resembling vehicles?...why does any bot that can fly in bot mode, like the seekers, ever need to transform to alt mode?...etc).

And for toys I love the gun molds. I got Browning recently and hope to get 44 Magnum gunrobo sometime.

3. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

I go for the movie jet. To me, a super speed alien jet is about the most dangerous and reckless thing megatron could transform into !... that's why I dig it !

A tank looks nice, but is slow. I hope that megatron makes use of those thrusters shown in the toy, otherwise someone could just topple him upside down, and He would be as silly as a tortoise resting on its shell

4. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Tank or heli.

6. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gun's too small, alien jet was just 'unMegatron-like'...tank was Meg's best alt-mode and I look forward to him in ROTF.

7. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Gun.

8. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The tank like in armada and war within.

9. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Tank.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

For nostalgic purposes, I like Megatron as a gun.

These days, I'm digging either his alien jet mode from the 1st live-action movie or the futuristic helicopter-jet-thing-y he transforms into from the Animated series.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Tank. Although a tilt-rotor attack chopper comes a close second.

12. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

but it wasn't just a race car! it was the gosh darn batmobile!:bay 
    well all 3 of my megatron toys are green tanks so that must be my preference.:rolleyes: 

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gun or Attack helicopter, the chopper with the huge fusion cannon on the front is way more useful than either a tank or a jet as far as being able to hit what you are aiming at eg. tank on ground can't shoot over buildings with a straight shot, jets fly past things, giving them limited shots at a stationary target before having to circle back, helicopters can hover and turn on a dime

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Tank, then gun.

Plane just steals the Seekers thunder too much for me. If he's a plane, then why doesn't he just lead the Seekers, what does he need Starscream for anymore?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Zombie thread, but since I haven't posted in it:

Something that flys. Anything else seems like a step backwards when you could put just as many guns on a jet as a tank. (a cybertronian jet, that is)

Tanks are nice, but they're usually very limited in movement. A gun is just silly. Unless he's all decked-out in robot mode and just says "you know what would be funny? If I actually turned into a gun!" And usued it, like twice in controlled circumstances.

16. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    GUN

[​IMG]

"You have the unprecedented honour of wielding the galaxy's greatest living weapon"

- Megatron (Transformers Escalation)

17. Fairlady_Z

On the gun:

I always thought Megs had the ability to fire himself in gun mode as well as to be whatever size he wanted - TF size or human size for firing. I never thought Megs needed someone else to fire him, but rather it was an honor and a privilage to fire him that he granted to his troops with whom he found favor. And yes, that sometimes even included Starscream. I saw it as a sign of trust and favor to his second in command between them, whenever it happened, signaling Megs was actually in a good mood when it came to Starscream on those occasions. Kinda Megs's way of saying, we may disagree but we are still both Decepticons and united in our goal of anihilaing Autobots and together our enemies don't stand a chance. In short, Megs never seemed more menacing than when he trusted Starscream to fire him. My theory as a kid anyway.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    When I saw the necro thread pop-up, I was interested to see what I had said. Seems I never posted in it, which seems odd, however, here's my choice:

Attack Helicopter.

Given that the bulk/brute force of the Decepticon forces are airplanes of some kind and that one of the special powers of the Decepticon forces is flight, it makes sense for him to have some kind of aerial alt mode. Especially in the comics where without rocket "boots", no TF could fly unless they had reason to. (Soundwave, Gun Megatron, and many others didn't fly in the G1 Marvel Comics and instead had a reliance on flyers such as Starscream or Laserbeak to transport them.)

Add in the "something different" to set him apart from his troops, and the Attack Helicopter fits that role. I'm not saying there aren't any other Helicopters (Spinister!), but that those that are out there are few and far between, as well as the varying designs of Helicopters can still allow him to be unique visually among a crowd.

He should also be something that allows him to volley immense firepower at. Megatron, Emperor of Destruction, Slagmaker, should not be hard pressed to fire at his foes in his alt mode. The Attack Helicopter brings the cannon to the table (And could bring more on various redesigns).

It should also be something that has an innate feeling of danger and can look visually awesome during an attack. How many movies/comics/cartoons/other media feature a Helicopter rising above the viewers horizon to cause terror or deus ex machina the plot? How many slow motion scenes with them have we been treated to?

Lastly, it should be something that allows for one of his telltale visual features, his Fusion Cannon. A Megatron never really seems like a Megatron unless he has a deathmaker on his side. The Attack Helicopter allows this.

I'll admit some bias, in 25 years, I never saw an alt mode that really fit for Megatron until Animated. The closest I had come was the Super Megatron design, which the Animated borrows from without copying in a great way, since I had all the criteria above for what a Megatrons alt mode should be, and the Attack Helicopter answers those demands exceptionally well.

19. Fairlady_Z

Anything that allows for the arm cannon is definately essential for Megs. I definately prefer the TFA attack helicopter to the movie space plane.

20. Sapphire-Light

Sapphire-Light Red sports car

News Credits:
    well. I like G1 Meg a lot, but why and evil diabolical leader needs that one of his minions to fire in alt mode :/

So... I like a lot RID modes, doble headed dragon!! cool, and he can say F** you autobots in hand mode :D