What a f***ed up order...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Dec 4, 2012.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    ... and worst of all, it's probably my fault.

When the Buy 2 get 1 free deal hit TRU I decided to nab Wheelie, Springer and CJ. I think my problem was to use PAYPAL.

A few days later I checked my PAYPAL account- and the payment request was still there. So I checked TRU- but the order had vanished! And the 3 figures were still in my shopping basket!

I waited through the weekend to see if any change. Nope.

So, I decided to try and order again. But dammit- Wheelie was out of stock online, so I ordered Swerve.

I waited a couple days, to see if PAYPAL had cleared or cancelled (because I thought the order from TRU was lost). Nope. Still there.

But Wheelie was back in stock... and Springer was out. Dammit. SO I ordered Wheelie, CJ and Swerve. This time I payed with a gift card. Processed immediately AND THE ORDER STAYED ON TRU so that I could track or cancel it.

That was a week ago or so.

I saw an email from TRU saying the order was shipped. Finally this business was cleared up (or so I thought).

Today there were 2 packages awaiting me today- a large one, and a larger 1.

So I opened the large one and found Swerve and CJ.
    How lame, I thought. They put Wheelie by himself in the larger box. Idiots.
    I opened the larger box to grab my...

... CJ and Swerve. WTH??!!??!?

OK, I just checked my e-mail. I have a new notice, so I read it. Wheelie is shipping. Well, that's good. So what of the duplicate Swerve and CJ's?

Maybe there was a buy 1 get 1 free also that I was unaware of.

Then it hit me: check the PAYPAL. So I loged in and checked: and I think people here with brain matter knows what I already saw:

The payment had cleared!

I went back and looked at the e-mail(s) again: CJ and SWERVE shipped when they were supposed to... but it didn't say how many. Wheelie is shipping. Again, it doesn't say how many. I suspect I'll get 2 in a few days.

I went back to my TRU shopping cart- and all that remains is Wheelie. No sign of CJ or Swerve. I guess I'll leave it alone. I suspect that one will be gone and the shopping cart will be cleared when he arrives on my doorstep.

So what happened?

Mistake 1: I decided to use PAYPAL... and PAYPAL took waaayyyy longer than normal to send the payment. The vanished order combined wih the prolonged payment confused me.

Mistake 2: I cleared the shopping cart and re-submitted the order. It should have occurred to me that the items in the shopping cart WAS the vanished order.

Issue: the orders dissapear- with their tracking numbers, status, etc.

I don't use TRU online. I don't order online at all except from ebay- where I can look right now and see winnining and losing auctions. I would have thought all the order information would have stayed in my account instead of dissapearing, leaving a blank page.

So in my confusion, I ordered 2 of everything.
    I originally wanted only Wheelie, CJ and Springer.

Now I have 2 CJ's, suspect I will have 2 Wheelies when this is done and 2 Swerves- the figure I really didn't want. The only reason I ordered him was to be the freebie in the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

And no Springer. And I aint ordering again... not after figuring out that I had $40 come out of my bank.

Lesson learned, I guess.

Anyone wanna trade a Swerve for a Springer?

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Need the extra CJ? I'll take it off your hands :D 

3. DragonPrime120

DragonPrime120 Can I kick it?

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevermind. You didn't see anything...

4. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    When everything is done I'll see if in can return any of them for a store credit. If not, then I might.

5. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    TRU online is pretty fracked up from what I've seen. They told me they were out of stock of an item I ordered and then immediately sent me an email saying it's been sent. Not sure if I should be expecting it or not?

6. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Tell ya what-
    I was gonna try and do a return, but maybe it would be better to try to sell them off here for $12 ea. or so.

I'll decide later when/if I get my Wheelie(s).

7. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Ay yi yi... Just looking through e-mails... and it looks like I'm gonna get a Wheelie... and.. a... Springer.

I dunno WTH happened, or where it happened at. If I get a CJ, Wheelie, Springer and Swerve, I'm just gonna cound myself lucky and sell whatever else. Wheelie arrives the 10th, and Springer is still being received by UPS.

8. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn thats weird. I've never ordered from TRU.com and probably won't after reading this thread. I don't think it was your fault at all.