What´s the most you´ve spent on Transformers during one month?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFTheoretician, Jun 14, 2014.

1. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

This month I spent around 60 000 yen, or almost 600 dollars, mostly on WFC/FOC deluxes. As I´m a student on a scholarship it´s a pretty large amount of money (although I have a part-time job, too) and I´m thinking about whether I should return some of the stuff and put away some money for future needs instead...

What´s the largest amount any of you guys spent during a single month, and how was your financial situation at the time? Any anxiety or regrets over "over-buying"? Protests from girl/boyfriends? ;) 

2. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    BotCon 2013 was easily the most i've spent in a weekend, let alone a month. Just the price of the exclusives made it pretty big, and everything in the dealer room made my spending skyrocket.

3. TFTheoretician

...did you save money in advance for that? I guess for me the thing is I didn´t, I just started doing impulse buy after impulse buy on Japanese Amazon until I realized I had spent more than this month´s part-time job salary :p 

4. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I had money saved specifically for exclusives, but after taking a walk around the dealer room I realized I didn't bring enough money :lol 

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A few months ago. MP G2 Sideswipe, Fansproject Revolver, MMC Leo Dux, and X2 Toys "Strengthen Gear." Rounded up to 310 bucks pre-shipping.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    780 quetzals in the entire AOE Deluxe Wave 1 (which equal 100 dollars)

7. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    This past month, I finally got my Fort Max, a Quakewave, and a few AoE figures, all total about $550. Most I've spent on TFs since at least BotCon in 2010, when I dropped about $600 on items in the dealer room.

Normally, I try to spread out my spending on toys for financial reasons and to lessen impact on the family, though recently I've been funding my collecting with my collection through trades and sales. This past month was an exception because of personal circumstances. I still have a few more pricey items to pay for coming up, but again, not all at once. Trying to be smart with purchases.

8. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    January this year. Third party pile up in that month amounted to a total of over £700 (none of your puny $ here this is big-boy currency) and yes that looks as insanely self-indulgent now as it did then.

That won't get repeated in quite a while, if at all.

9. TFTheoretician

Well, I guess one of my objectives with starting this thread was to see just how crazy my spending is in comparison to that of more experienced collectors... I guess your £700 spree makes me feel a little better about mine, hahaha :D  But as long as you feel you got your money´s worth I guess it´s alright for you too...

As for me I spent about 70 dollars each on TT WFC Optimus and Megatron which I guess is a bit much, but I like my stuff new and those toys probably won´t get cheaper over time, either...

10. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Botcon 2011, if you include exclusives probably in the high $1ks, if not broaching $2k.

11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Last August when I jumped on the MP train and ordered Soundwave, his cassettes, Red Alert, Sideswipe, Grimlock, Optimus, Starscream, Rodimus Prime, Thundercracker, and preordered Prowl, Bluestreak, and Smokescreen. I'd just sold my TF movie collection for 1k, though, and put it all into those MPs.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've gone loopy and spent up to £700.00 ($1,200) or so in a month more than once, but not something I make a habit of that was because I was buying someone entire collection mainly to get the odd rare item but usually the most i'd ever spend in one month is £300.00. Lately due to the lack of AOE toys in the UK and delayed 3rd party items i've bought almost nothing but the odd minicon or EZ series toy or some random accessory or other. So if this year stays as it is it will be the least I'll spend on Transformers in single year.

13. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:

$2000

got a black zarak that was incomplete, also got the Ehobby Gadep, about 8 botcon transformers and about 30 different minicons....

My wallet cried like a stuck water faucet that month.....

14. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Most was when Botcon came to Dallas in 2012, I saved up maybe $1200 and blew it all getting a lot of stuff I wouldn't have a chance again to get. Plus had a blast with my son so wasn't all on toys.

Under that though would probably be this tax return this year, dropped $300 to catch up on the Generations from Sandstorm until the Gen's released through April.

15. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's hard to recall exact time frames but I easily spend a hundred a week without trying on preorders.

At the moment I'm looking at dropping 1k+ to finish pimping my TF room out with detolfs and other ikea swag, This only a week after dropping $500 on finishing off the first half of the display....

Last month was a big one actually... Just checked my bbts account and $520 worth of 3rd party gear(including shipping) and $300 on riftshot and recoiler from chimungmung and a $535 robot kingdom order.... Once again 3rd party.... Which was mostly stuff I had on preorder with bbts that was noticeably cheaper at RK if I payed upfront on there preorders..... So really that should mean my bbts preorders will be lighter for awhile.

All those prices are in Australian $ which is about 0.94USD

16. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

Probably whenever it was last year that Fort Max was released. That alone was a couple of hundred dollars and I think some 3rd party stuff came out around the same time, so my total spending that month was $500 - $600 or so.

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably close to $1K. I bought a custom DOTM Leader Megatron off eBay a little while ago that set me back a couple of Benjamins all by himself. :D 

18. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Last September I made a $750+ order with BBTS. TFC Perseus, MP12 Tiger Track, Dark Guard Optimus Prime, Platinum Edition Predaking and something else I don't recall. Around the same time I ordered Quakewave off of ebay for $160 and got from TRU Metroplex and the Platinum Bruticus vs Grimlock set for another $250 ish. Then the month after I went to Florida for vacation and must have spent another $400 on various things. Goddamn.... that's a lot of money!

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably £135, and I only bought one figure: MP-09 v2.

20. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Around $200. Try to spread things out