Whale Wars Season 2 @ 10 Central Time

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kenm2474, Jun 5, 2009.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Loved the first Season and the start of the second looks really action packed. As being a Whale Lover myself this is show is a Great way to open peoples eyes.

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Frankly I'm the opposite. I don't care and I don't care for self righteous people like this that crusade against a different culture and their belief systems.

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, I don't see this thread lasting long...

That said,

Honestly, there are a finite number of resources in the world and, in the case of whales, a "culture" defense isn't worthy of a response. These are animals with a high-level of intelligence, a long life-span, and take a long time to breed (thus cannot be "farmed" sustainably even if you ignore their intelligence as a mitigating factor in their defense). There is no reason to respect the choices made by a country who refuses to acknowledge modernity. That's not being self-righteous; it's being aware of reality.

4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Of all the reality shows out there, I never thought there would be one that portrays terrorists as 'the good guys'.

cue shitstorm

5. kenm2474

Technically its not Terrorism because its in International Waters. Not on one sides or the others land.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I was severely disappointed with the lack of whales warring against each other. Maybe this season will fix that.

7. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I love this show. Self rightous terrorists...and yes Paul Watson is a terrorist read up on them, he's also a manipulative bastard....showing how freaking stupid they really are and completely destroying any moral high ground or sense of modern times by their crack head ideas on how to change things.

Whenever someone is willing to risk not only their life but the lives of several dozen people around them to save a single life that is not a human life automatically waives any right to be taken seriously. I completely agree with their cause but their tactics and rationalities for their actions have me cheering for the Japanese.

On a funnier note the old first mate looks like he is going to be just as hilariously hypocrital and stupid to the point of being dangerous as he was last season when he tipped over the zodiac and refused to take the blame for it.

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Yup it is terrorism in the name of justice. International waters or not a when you attack someone else like this it is terrorism. Because it is international waters it isn't terrorism? Gee I need you as a defense lawyer next time I hijack a boat in international waters and attack people. "No it wasn't terrorism judge. I was in international waters..." I don't think that would fly. They are attacking other people. and putting lives at risk for an animal. I love animals but that is just nuts.

9. kenm2474

It did Fly thats why when Potts and the other guy werent charged with anything when boarding the whaling vessle. Eveyone knows what terroristic acts are and you all agree they are acting Terroristic but are they in jail or confined no. Because its in International Waters where they cant be touched so much(Laws are very loosely abided by in those waters). So again "Technically its not Terrorism because its in International Waters. Not on one sides or the others land. "

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I caught this show recently. but once I saw the "spin" they're presenting, I won't be checking it out again.

It's unfortunate that terrorists like Paul Watson are the public face of animal rights. Organizations that DO have the right idea in principle and that could add a lot of value to critical causes (PETA, Greenpeace, etc...) are avoided by many average people/donors because they're so filled with nuts & wackjobs.

11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The end of the First Season is just showing on Discovery on Monday in the UK

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could do more good for the whales by getting the law changed to close that 'research' loophole the Japanese are exploiting. This does not involve attacking other ships or boarding them (piracy in my book). No wonder Greenpeace booted Watson. Even they knew he was a loon.

Watched this episode. Are they ******ed not to have a ship that is classified to be in an icefield? They know they are going to the Antartic waters & ice is common there. But no, they have a ship without hull plating to deal with ice & go through ice fields hoping they don't pull a Titanic. This and some of their actions last season make me think that they're the Three Stooges of environmentalists.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I applaud folks who stand up for a cause.
    but extremism isn't the answer.
    PETA does not want people to even own goldfish as pets, yet their 2nd in command takes insulin harvested from cows. Her rationale? They sacrifice insulin so i can live to fight for them. What?

I can support organizations that are active and work for change. But when physical attacks such as i have seen on this show are considered acceptable, I'd much rather donate my money and time to Starkist and sleep better at night

won't watch, won't bother with this.

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually believe that Watson really got shot in the season finale of the first season? I really don't know if he thinks everyone else is stupid or if he is really that stupid but Kevlar vests don't magically stop the impact of a high powered rifle. It showed him standing there then suddenly bending down and forward and then he just magically pops the bullet out of the vest. No no no! If he had gotten shot the bullets momentum would have transferred through him pushing him backwards and leaving a massive bruise on his chest.

15. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I watched the first 7 episodes, (was that the first season?) and was intrigued by what was happening. I mean, first they are hypocrites. Before trying to board the first ship to deliver a letter of peace they throw all kinds of nasty shit on the deck of said ship, (not a very peaceful act) and then act like they were wronged because they were being peaceful. Second, they were all but ready to go try to covertly board the ship tailing them so they could CUT THE COMMUNICATION LINES!! They are not peaceful activists. If they want to be pirates and attack ships, then they need to stand behind that.

I couldnt handle the captain, his friend, (co-captain?) and the first mate, (scrawny long haired guy). They were all manipulating self serving bastards that stood behind their titles on that ship. They got pissed at their crew for various things they had no business being mad about. If you want a loyal professional crew, you hire a crew with sea experience, not a bunch of art graduates that have nothing to do and feel that being the crew of a dangerous ship is the right thing to.

I'm going to probably watch the rest of the episodes as they become available on demand but just because im seriously just intrigued by what they are doing and the circumstances they are putting themselves in.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, as others have said, terrorists. I'd only enjoy it if the season finale concluded with them being arrested.

17. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Yet they want to prevent other diabetics from getting their insulin.. It is hypocrisy of the highest level...

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You said it, Rattrap007.

This show is like any number of other shows on tv where people act so irrationally, so foolishly that even Quakers and Amish folk under their breath pray for ill things to befall 'em, lol.
    that Repo show on TruTV, for example. That short fuse dude will pop off to the wrong person and wind up as a guest on "Dr. G: Medical Examiner". i kinda wish when it does, he gets his ass handed to him by a dude who is 4'7" or a woman who is 5'3" and weigjhs 80 pounds.
    see? even i am wanting him to get hurt.

i wish there were more people like Dog the Bounty Hunter.
    he messes up, like most of us, but his mind is 99.44% on the safety of his crew and after the capture, taking care of his fugitive.
    i respect that.

19. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I too dislike the Repo people. I saw one where the fat woman takes a lady's purse and holds it hostage till she turned over the keys. I would have called the cops and had her arrested on purse theft...

20. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    They should have called the show, "Ship of Fools".