WFC's Least Liked Class Type

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by apparatus, Jul 18, 2010.

1. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Yet another one of those "popularity" post.

Much as I try to like all the classes for what they bring I find that there's one that actually annoys the crap out of me.

Yup, you got it: The Soldier class.

I guess all the health boxes + Whirlwinds of awesome damage bother me.
    Perhaps because I'm primarily a 3 health box scientist....:peoples: 

2. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Leaders. Let's face it, Their abilites suck.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Soldiers are jerks and should be shot :mad 

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I'd like to know how you've been winning any WFC matches if you haven't been shooting Soldiers already. ;) 

5. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

1. Soldier
    2. Scout
    3. Leader
    4. Scientist

Leader and Scientist are a close call though, I prefer Soldier and Scout over both of them. Funny how the two I favor were the only two classes available in the demo.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I'm a doctor!

7. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I wasn't a fan of the Scouts’ class, probably because I didn’t enjoy being stabbed 20 million times in the back by other players in cloak mode.

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I don't care for leader much. I die alot as a scientist but I love the playstyle...go figure.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm not a huge fan of the Leader. I use every class more than that one, but like all classes the Leader does have its perks.

10. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I was in a match today with a guy who had a head set. For literally 5 minutes he was bitching about the soldier being "underpowered" and how those extra health bars "don't mean anything." I was loling.

11. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The Soldier. It's a big, clunky, Gound-based Warrior no matter how you customize it. I always would like to use speed and sneak attacks, so I would prefer to use the scout and scientist.

I'm horrible at the Soldier's approach to the game, where you just roll into battle and hope you don't die TOO quickly. You can't even runnaway as a soldier because you're so big and slow, enemies will kill you before you can get to cover. Atleast with Leaders you still have the great abillities like Barrier and Warcry, both of which have saved me before, and the great Ion Blaster.

12. The Constructicon

That's the thing with the Soldier, you aren't supposed to run away. You are the heartiest and most damage dealing force in the game. You run into battle headfirst and you don't hope that you live, you destroy all of your opponents before they can kill you.

If you don't feel the class then it's just not your style, I love the Soldier. Walking into a room and dominating everyone in there... The Soldier is meant to be a brick wall of doom, place an ammo beacon down and plant yourself there.

Earlier on a game of Conquest I went into a node and took out two soldiers and a leader, all under the effect of Warcry alone with my EMP Shotgun and a Flak grenade.

It's defiantly not the run and gun class, you can't pop a few rounds into a bot and then take off and attack again. Soldier are just there, they are slow and strong, either you kill them or they kill you.

Just gotta get into the role a little more to get good with one.

13. AutobotSkids

Hey man, I'm not saying the Soldier class is bad. I'm just listing why I don't like it as much as I do the other classes. You say that you like being the big, powerful, brick wall. Well, I like to use sneak attack techniques, like sniping, and hitting somebody from behind. I cloak, I hunt someone down, I kill them, I heal up if wounded, I repeat. That's just how I do things.

That's it. I just don't like how I constantly get sniped from afar, or get flanked by a group, and I can't get to an energon cube before I get killed because the soldier is so big and slow. I don't like how the Soldier's designed to kill or be killed, and that running away isn't an option.

I'm not saying the Soldier is bad, because it's not, it's just not my cup of tea, due to those things.

14. The Constructicon

Naw, don't get me wrong I knew what you meant~

15. AutobotSkids

Alright then.

16. The Constructicon

I have the most trouble with the Scientist, I like to be in the action and I get killed as a jet way too much... If only they could spawn with a null rifle, then I'd be happy.

17. AutobotSkids

I know what you mean. It'd be cool for the class that gets to fly be a bit more powerful, but alas.

I don't know about the Null Ray, but the Photon Burst Rifle is good for long distance and short range combat.

18. The Constructicon

Yeah, it's not too bad for long range but I swear reading that the Jets were supposed to be a sniper class before the game was released. Though with their ability to fly and reach such high places that would probably be too overpowered.

19. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Noisemaze Collector

News Credits:
    I'd argue that the Photon Burst Rifle is the better sniper weapon. It doesn't have the raw burst damage, but you get more rounds off, faster.

20. The Constructicon

Yeah but a well placed Null round takes their head off in one hit, you can attack from cover and kill your enemy with one hit that doesn't alert them to your presence.

With the burst rifle, you hit them and they start to flail about looking for where the shots came from making it harder to get that sniper kill.