WFC Trilogy: Galactic Odyssey Collection #1 - Paradron Medics

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TheSupernova, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for this. This is my only "ER Arcee mold" and could not for the life of me figure out how to get this into car mode correctly.

More troop building I guess for the Paradron Medic and Henkei Ratchet going into the storage bin....

20201203_145334.jpg 20201203_144639.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

Hey, anyone try to plug one of those Siege gap filler sets into ER Ratchet yet?

Curious about color matching and fitment, since so many of the parts seem to be direct reuses.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lifeline:
    Just like Arcee, a pretty nice action figure but a terrible Transforming toy. A bit of an improvement over Arcee, as she has some paint on her face. The back side of her 'undies' is still devoid of color however. Leg joints are a bit loose on mine, though I get the impression that's luck of the draw.

Ratchet:
    Obviously the same as Ironhide, save for color scheme, head, and ambulance lights. The plastic seems a little better than Ironhide's - less.. flexy and a little easier to get tabs and slots where they need to go. I wish the toy had a bit more red and blue similar to the Siege version.

This has probably been mentioned previously here or in Ironhide reviews (I've seen it on both, in varying degrees), but the right leg doesn't close up properly, leaving a gap. It can be fixed by trimming some plastic from the inner edge (the edge that faces the opposite leg) of the tab inside the leg so the round hole can fit over it properly.

4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Curious...has anyone fixed the paint on Lifeline's helmet yet? Just wanted to see what that would look like.

5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One easy solution is to use the Crosshairs all-black set. It won't match but it won't mismatch either. It will just look like black panels.

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While he could use slightly more gray to break up the white, Ratchet is really good. The white plastic they used is really nice, unlike that used in some recent figures like Apeface.

7. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    So with all the arguing over paint decos and partsforming, anyone else notice that Lifeline's shoulders are pinned from the back rather than the front, like Arcee's and Elita-1's? In fact, the shoulders are actually reversed so that they are still functionally on the correct sides...so it is not as simple as using the articulation to rotate the pin head side out. It minimizes the look of the pin itself, I suppose, but I honestly think the pin head looks cleaner overall...

Son, just because you don't like something does not mean it is a mistake, nor that anyone else cares. If it matters so much to you, get some white paint and modify (note: not "fix") the deco yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ziltama

News Credits:
    It's a mistake. See WFC Trilogy: Galactic Odyssey Collection #1 - Paradron Medics

In the main thread, there's been a couple posts of people scraping off the extra paint from the helmet.

It's not the first time Hastak botched a paint job and won't be the last. Hastak also painted the light bar for Ratchet wrong (paint should be on bottom of bar, not on top).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

You know it... IS possible they intentionally did that to differentiate further between the Medic and Arcee, right? Like, by the logic put forth, she also shouldnt have green lines on her helmet either.

I'm aware that is nitpicking, but for the purpose of my point, let's just sit on that for a second

• Like Like x 1
  10. ziltama

News Credits:
    I honestly don’t get why Lifeline of all figures is suddenly off limits to criticism. It’s weird, like really weird. Why her?

If the same thing happened to Prime’s brow crown, everyone would be going apespit.

Hastak painted the front part of her helmet by mistake. It’s really that simple. There is no other explanation. It’s another factory botch in a never ending series of botches. If you really like the Klingon look, that’s fine. As others have done to remove the excess paint, it looks a lot better when it’s fixed.

The green lines have nothing to do with the mistake. She’s already differentiated by the different color scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    These 1000%.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    What people are taking issue with is people calling it a factory error when it clearly isn't. This is the way the figure was intended to be.

I can drizzle my pizza in Hershey's chocolate milk mix. Is it going to be a choice for the best? No, but if I did it on purpose it explicitly is not an error.

Is Lifeline's face 100% accurate to the cartoon? No, but her face is the result of a conscious choice, not a random error that somehow affected the entire product run. It's no more an error than Generations Warpath not being cartoon accurate is a freak assembly and sculpting error.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ziltama

News Credits:
    Maybe ‘factory’ is not the correct term. Yeah, it’s not a machine that randomly went over where it was supposed to stop on every single copy. It's still an error regardless. I agree it’s a ‘conscious’ choice, but made by someone who mistakenly didn't realize they assigned part of the helmet with the face paint. It also doesn't help that the baseline Arcee render has lighting effects that make it seem the helmet stops early. Otherwise, that'd be an odd looking schnoz and forehead ridge (hence the Klingon reference).

Same with the light bar. I'm only assuming someone consciously assigned the red paint to go on top by mistake. This affects the 1st 3 bots with light bars. Someone must have realized it for Barricade, and then finally properly assigned the paint on the bottom of the bar for him (and restoring the proper clear plastic and intended layering effect).

14. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    Got this set for Christmas (after I told my brother to order it for me as a gift when it first hit months ago). I really just wanted it for Rachet (like most of us) and the Paradron Medic will go to my daughter's small collection of female Autobots.
    20201225_154529.jpg
    While I already have Ironhide from the Prowl 2 pack, Rachet is aesthetically nicer to look at. The white plastic is so clean, and like most of my opinion of Siege/Earthrise offerings, I feel this is the best rendition of Earth-form Rachet to date outside of the MP line. The Siege version has better bells and whistles with the wrench and call-back hinged laser thingy, but it's off-white is even more obvious now in comparison. Quality-wise, my Rachet feels less sturdy compared to Ironhide, and his head seems a bit loose on it's ball joint. Leg panels pop loose like most that share this mold, and fall off moreso than Ironhide's, but all minor gripes/expectations. The sled-thingy seems more appropriate here as a sort of Cybertronian-stretcher vs. Ironhide's Arm shield. Van mode is fine from most angles, but the feet blah,blah, we all know they look garbage. If I were to rate it out of 5 stars, I'd give it a 3 1/2 - 4 range. I love the character, so there may be some bias.

The Paradron Medic is currently still starpped in the package, but I did experience the Earthrise Arcee mold via my daughter, and...it's hard to find good things after the Thrilling 30 version's better-integrated transformation, and less kibbly look. If you are an Arcee fan...it's like getting the Siege Prowl figure if you are a Prowl fan; You won't be convinced it's the end-all-be-all, but you appreciate another rendition regardless. I do prefer the mint-green color scheme, and the fact that she's a clean-slate character, but for my collection that is strictly relegated to the original crews of the Ark and Nemesis, she has no place on my shelf.

I hope in the future, Hasbro leaves the background/obscure characters like her to these exclusive two-packs, and keeps the mainstream legacy characters to wider distribution. I see the ridiculous scalper prices online for these sets and it's a damn shame.

• Like Like x 4
  15. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Ok so I guess I’m not the only one—my Ratchet’s head I think they glued the front and back halves together slightly misaligned, since when it’s at its “proper” ball joint position, the head just flops and spins like crazy, but nudging it forward slightly gets it to stay in place but he loses the ability to look down at all.

My Lifeline has a super loose left hip, like I can’t really get her to stand unless I peg her into her “hoverboard” (ugh), which is a real shame since it basically kills the figure. Doesn’t seem to be any cracks or misaligned parts though, and my Arcee is ok... anyone else have this issue?

The set’s going for a pretty penny now here in Asia, so I’m not sure I want to buy another one in the QC roulette if a lot of other people are having the same issues...

16. roboyzdroidz

roboyzdroidz Active Member

Anyone have their Ratchet and Medic get cancelled from amazon? Guess my pre-order expired :/

17. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
  18. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Out of stock

19. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Rats sorry about that

20. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a bit disappointed in their offerings lately, especially this. I like when Toyhax rectifies deco issues or fills in missing paint apps but way too many sets lately are just these overwhelming amounts of unnecessary and over-cluttery detail that I'd never want to put on the figure. Plus they go more and more for shiny or cel-like stickers than matte.

• Like Like x 2