WFC Siege Voyager Apeface?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PeterMagnus, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Saberclaw84

Saberclaw84 Defensor’s Servant

You are unfortunately incorrect. The Trainbots/Raiden predate Astrotrain by a couple of years if you count the debut of the original Diaclone figure. Though if you go by release in the Transformers toyline, then Astrotrain is the first.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Got Well Soon

News Credits:
    The reason I attibuted the height change was to both make him a bit more in scale and also to take budget that a second fully transforming figure would cost, which would result in the overall figure being smaller because of the increased cost of more moving parts and molds.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    You were thinking : Barrage?
    I hope we'll get the rest of the Deluxe Insecticons myself.
    Barrage was my very first Transformer as a kid.
    I love that guy.

I know that. But like you say: Astrotrain was the first trainformer in the Transformers toyline.

For Thunderwing the inner robot as well as the shell would have to combine.
    But they could easily recreate the effect of the G1 toy, which didn't have the inner robot inside a shell so much as it was encapsulated by it, with a legend and a voyager if they use an ingenious transformation.

Why not? They were awesome characters in The Rebirth and they have some of the coolest designs in G1.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  4. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bring on both Apeface and Snapdragon! And hopefully Snapdragon has his eye visors! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Freaking FINALLY. One of the 2 Decepticons that fit the Titans Return motif of voyager triple changers and was a triple changer in G1 but for some reason was left out of the TR line.

Ah well, if it actually is a new design(meaning not left over from TR), I can't wait to get a SIEGE quality Ape Face.

• Like Like x 7
  6. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    really want minerva

• Like Like x 9
  7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

There were 11 main Headmaster Transformers released in the 1987 Generation 1 toy line.

2 Bases, 4 Standard Autobots, 3 Standard Decepticons, and 2 Triple Changer Decepticons.

The Generations Titans Return toy line released proper remakes of all of them except for Scorponok, Apeface, and Snapdragon. They are big holes in everybody's collection; to be fair, Scorponok and Apeface got Titan Master heads without their bodies...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Apeface is nice to have mild confirmation now. They mentioned it previously in discussions that they've heard the *induced* fan demands about it and will work it in where they can. Same to Snapdragon.

So I expect both in WFC1 and 2 somewhere.
    As we saw with Greenlight, the induced fan demand techniques seem to really work to build extra hype for those releases to push stronger sales.

9. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, so much yes. Also I remember that the figures had "eastereggs" when they revealed them. The Dinoking figure head on Cutthroat. And the gun piece mounted on Snarl. Yet we never got them. So they are down the pipeline. I just think that HasTak is weary of CW fatigue, which hit the latter waves of CW. So HasTak seems to stretch gimmicks more out, rather than mass dump it on the fanbase.
    It does however lead to disappointment. Like we have to wait so long for Apeface and Snapdragon. But also the Dinoking figures which will mostly be repaints from the dinobots with added gun pieces. And ofc the Seacons. I really want the Seacons. Ill but them in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

So, the very last full transformer I bought as a kid (ie: not including micromasters and the two actionmasters I bought--bleh...) was Apeface. And he was really my favorite out of any I had ever owned. So yeah, I have been wanting an Apeface in my classics collection for a while now. And I was always hoping it'd be voyager sized. If this turns out to be true after all, There's a very good chance I'll be picking one up.

Also, +1 on Minerva.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ca12nag3

Just makes me think btw, Apeface is a Gorilla+Jet+Robot with Headmaster will be a voyager. So much play value compared to Shockwave which is a ? Leader class? Just wow.
    I know I know, fans of the old G1 series will like Shockwave heck I do, the G1 look on the figure. But as a toy on the toyshelf if I were a kid and had to chose, Apeface it would be.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Hope you enjoy it.
    And working on it for Minerva and the other JG1 Headmasters. They will happen somehow somewhere, only a matter of when.

13. ca12nag3

Now that is a bot you barely hear about Minerva. She is a needed figure for my collection. A bit of a tailend figure since as a kid I never paid attention to the Headmaster cartoon, which was Japanese. But later when I got older and watched more anime I picked up on Headmasters and the figures came more to life for me. Yes Minerva is a figure/character much deserving of spotlight.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah but he’s the only one who’s gotten anything above a deluxe in the West. Sadly...I’d kill for a new trainformer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Team Bullet Train?

• Like Like x 3
  16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow I forgot all about them...Man now THAT would be a good remake.

• Like Like x 3
  17. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I rewatched RID recently and they're each the size of Optimus' super mode. Make all three as commanders Hasbro you cowards.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After hearing of this news I'm really looking forward to the figure. Since i have both G1 figures of the Horrorcons but to get new figures of them is awesome. I'm totally down to also see Snapdragon in their too.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Heroic Captain of Cowabunga

News Credits:
    Minerva,Nightbeat,and Siren would be great.

• Like Like x 5
  20. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they are slotted for the WFC part 2. Unless Hasbro made a surprise in SDCC.

I mean, the Battle Masters are out here in WFC. So I think it's a good time to consider releasing the Targetmaster wielding TFs to have their own new toy.