WFC Siege Voyager Apeface?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PeterMagnus, Feb 20, 2019.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Is there strong evidence that WFC-SIEGE Apeface is real?

Also I'm pretty sure that the Legends insecticons are in scale with Siege figures, someone posted a scale chart earlier in the Siege appreciation threads

• Like Like x 2
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Isn't the link from a wholesaler?

3. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    There was a listing from some unknown online store, if thats all there is, I wouldnt get my hopes up, now if it were a Walmart or Target listing, thats something to place a bit of faith in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. C16

C16 Space Nomad

The TR Blaster is way too big, but thankfully there's a third party version and he's the same size as Siege Soundwave, so I don't care what they do with Blaster. Topspin and Twintwist are perfect, but Astrotrain was an absolute joke and needs a do over for sure.

There's plenty of figures that have been released but shouldn't count as those characters having been checked off Hasbro's mind as being done because they sucked or were just done plain wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again, it’s all a matter of opinion. I think Blaster is fine. He’s supposed to be big. Look at the original toy. I just wish we had a similarly sized Straxus figure to go with him to reenact the battle from Marvel issue 18..

Astrotrain has had two figures. Just because you don’t want them to count, doesn’t mean they don’t count. Im happy with the TR one, as well as Blitzwing and Octane. I’m still waiting for another Legends size Cliffjumper, but it doesn’t mean they didn’t do one (and a deluxe) Yeah, it sucks. But it counts.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think "count" and "don't count" are sort of the wrong frame for this discussion. Who we (fandom) think are perfect (or not) renditions of a given character only matter insofar as demand for a "better" version makes it to Hasbro and they then feel it's worth doing. Optimus and Megatron have enough different versions that Hasbro can keep going back to those wells as much as they want. For a lot of the more obscure characters (Top Spin and Twin Twist, for example), Hasbro has to determine if there's a market for a new version so soon, which is to say, how many of us are willing to 'upgrade' our collection with the new ones? If there's not a market, then move on to a different obscure character to fill out the line. My guess is that if/when Hasbro returns to Legends class figures, Cliffjumper should be on their short list, for example, but we can't know that.

• Like Like x 6
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

:useless 

• Like Like x 8
  8. ChromedomeMaster

ChromedomeMaster Well known member

Cool, Really hope this is true...but I won\'t care if it\'s not, though I would like to see astrotrain...

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Astrotrain... :/

10. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Blaster had a big toy. He's not supposed to be a big character. We're not stuck on using 30+ year old toy sizes from a line that was hodgepodge'd together from various unrelated lines. The size of the original toys is irrelevant.

Unless you want Blaster and Metroplex figures that are the same size like they were 30 years ago. Galvatron was also about the same size as those two. Why not Shockwave and Ultra Magnus? They were big toys as well. Hell, let's give them all Titan figures. They were all equally big toys.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    How about using the Sunbow cartoon, then? if Blaster were to stand up in this shot, he'd tower over Megatron. If Megatron is a voyager, that puts Blaster in leader-class territory.
    [​IMG]
    This looks like a Leader-class toy versus a legends-class to me:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 scale chart suggests he is a head shorter than Megatron who is usually a Voy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, original toy scale is nonsensical. Just stick to the holy scale chart!

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    The chart could do with being taken with a pinch of salt too.
    Sometimes you have to go with your feeling on these things and give or take a little as the case goes.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    If you go by the G1 Scale chart than most characters fall within Voyager and Deluxe Scale, or Can not be made.

[​IMG]

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    The problem is the scale chart can't account for mass shifting. The individual components of a combiner scale properly to one another, but then you put them together and they're too small compared to everybody else.

Meanwhile, the Titan city bots are meant to scale more with Legends figures (at least in the early days of Plex and Fortmax) but now that's gone out the window and they mostly just scale to each other. Unless you're talking about Devy and Predaking...who scale better to individual figures as a combiner, but have components that are out of whack with what's usually considered "right."

Just wait until something like Titan-class Sky Lynx where the only thing that he "scales" properly with would be Micromasters if you assumed they were normal cybertronians and not micromasters.

• Like Like x 1
  17. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Sometimes I think the scale chart is the worst thing that ever happened in the history of forever.

• Like Like x 4
  18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Nah, you need a scale chart when you're doing an animated series or comic book because the artists and writers need that info to tell their story.

The worst thing to happen is people who can't accept any interpretation of a character that isn't in line with a 35 year old drawing.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    This thread needs to not be bumped until more actual apeface info surfaces...

• Like Like x 5
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    then report it to the mods to lock down rather than trying to get people to not post, considering your post also doesnt have any apeface info, which makes you just as guilty of bumping this thread without any useful info ;) 

• Like Like x 2