WFC Siege Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Robots78, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Some Starscream pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  2. Shion963

Shion963 Mostly collects robits that are blue and/or a jet.

I think the upper part of the waist is locked by the torso. You'll probably have to disassemble that to cleanly get to his hip.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

So is there a version with the chest pin that is out there?

4. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was a bit worried when you said that since the waist seems to be pinned together on the upper half, but thankfully I was able to finagle the torso out. Thanks for the warning!

Now that he's properly fixed, he's easily an 8/10. Great robot mode with so much articulation. Easily a highlight of my Siege experience so far.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No,

• Like Like x 4
  6. Che

Che Well-Known Member

This starscream is not perfect, but it is a lot of fun!

First, as many have already observed, the panel behind his head is supposed to fill a gap when in robot mode, although it blocks up and down movement of the head when locked in place. I just feel like, despite some small flaws, the designers put a lot of love in this figure given that panel behind the head and the spring-loaded fillers behind the legs.
    20190322_130552.jpg

Second, the issue with the front chest can also be fixed with hot water and some bending of the plastic. I used 1-) water heated in a electric kettle to make the plastic softer and then 2-) spring clamp to flex it before putting it back in place (just don't flex too much!). It worked great.
    20190322_130751.jpg 20190322_130813.jpg

And in my opinion this starscream has a really cool gerwalk mode! :D 
    20190322_131111.jpg 20190322_131138.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know about shit or non-shit, really. Everybody likes different stuff, and I'm not exactly the target market for Hasbro's output.

But, well, this is the first HasTak transformer I've felt any real interest in buying since, um, some time in the late 80s. I saw the masterpiece stuff, thought it looked amazing, and then saw the price. Whoopsie. Nothing else has interested me; they all just looked wrong (it turns out what I want is what companies like Magic Square are only just now producing) for various reasons.

And then I watched Emgo's videos for the Siege toys the other night for no particular reason, and got to this Starscream, and this little bell went off in my head...

8. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    odd request, but does someone have any pics of this guy with the Bumblebee movie SS figs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I went ahead and drilled out holes into the gray bracket and cut metal pins to secure the joint better.

20190408_091219_HDR.jpg

Now that the chest is pinned, boy is transforming him a different experience knowing it won't pop off!

20190408_101349_HDR.jpg

The right fist slips out of the gray wrist joint a little too easy though... No other issues with the figure.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

I'll admit I'm not huge Starscream fan, but after reading all the rave reviews and seeing the pics and vids, it covinced me that I needed this figure in my collection. It's definitely one of the most solid and articulated Voyagers I own, and I appreciate all the intricate details that are spread throughout. The chest un-pegging issue was a minor annoyance, but thanks to all the tips on this thread I manage to install pins that make him absolutely perfect now. Here are some initial pics I snapped. I plan on posting better ones once I complete my head-to-toe panel lining treatment on him.

208 (1).JPG
    209 (1).JPG
    211 (1).JPG
    212 (1).JPG
    213 (1).JPG
    214 (1).JPG
    215 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 10
  11. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

Sneak peak:
    216 (1).JPG
    Full reveal coming soon...

• Like Like x 8
  12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Smart use of his chest intakes as jet thrusters. Still needs a headswap with Thundercracker and metal pins to the chestplate. Also, it's nice that his legs actually do something for the vehicle mode becoming a pair of ridiculously oversized jets with adjustable exhausts.

Yes. But you gotta do something about the chest plate barely staying in place. That's the single flaw of this figure.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  13. Piemanbegins

Piemanbegins Well-Known Member

Put some pins in. Was pretty easy after reading/watching all info on this thread. Thanks for that.

image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Where can i buy pins?

15. Piemanbegins

Piemanbegins Well-Known Member

I just used a large paper-clip and snipped it to size.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Painting the chinstrap silver looks SO much better!

17. Shion963

Shion963 Mostly collects robits that are blue and/or a jet.

Honestly I don't feel the need to pin the chest anymore. Threaded some super glue where the nubs are, thinking that it'll either fill the gap that is allowing the armature to pop out, or get stuck and push me to hack, drill, and pin.

The plastics involved seem fine with cyanoacrylate, and now it just swivels fine. Haven't tried to yank it, but I've never had to do anything while transforming him that'd force it out anyways.

18. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    Found a Starscream yesterday and promptly ordered a pin vise from Amazon as that chest piece definitely requires pins in order to stay on. The vise arrived this afternoon so I drilled the holes, pulled some knurled pins out of a broken donor bot, inserted them into Starscream and had a fully functional toy five minutes later. I had never used a pin vise before so I was surprised just how fast they can drill a hole. Anyway, thanks to all the tips here for the procedure. It’s so easy even for someone like me who tends to butcher their toys in customizing attempts.

I really can’t think of another G1-ish Starscream toy I like as much as this one. Both modes are just fantastic. Whoever is designing this line is really putting a lot of thought into most of it. The articulation is perfectly executed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Picked one up on a whim. I like him, he's posable, has interesting engineering and generally feels solid. I like how his nosecone splits, how bringing the chestplate hown starts to bring out the head, and even how the typical turbines on his chest have a different but logical placement in vehicle mode. Plus, while it is a bit shellformery, his jet mode feels like a proper effort because of it, unlike Soundwave's We can't sell a lamppost or a space tape deck, but make both possible look.

His face is very un-starscreamy, but Thundercracker is coming with a smirk, right? Whether by accident or design, at least we're getting at least two face sculpts, and this expression will work nicely for the less enthusiastic Thundercracker, should I buy both and switch heads.

I'm not a particular fan of his null rays, but I'm sure there's something in my spares box that will be more to my taste. I think I prefer Prime to him, but I definitely like this more than the bland Seige Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really impressed with this guy. Seekers should really get a nice budget knowing the ease of repaints they can do and people actually want, and I think they were successful. He has great articulation and I haven't had any trouble with the chest. What I DID have problems with was that he was assembled with two right arms, so the left arm has the screw facing out. I had it replaced, but something to watch for.

• Like Like x 1