WFC Siege Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Robots78, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two is better as you'd need to mod the center of the chest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I LOVE my new pins!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHOO-HOO!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you share with me the link from amazon to buy that pin?

4. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    9B74F371-E9C4-4B25-982A-1968CD8E4D2F (1).jpg

• Like Like x 14
  5. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I wanna paint his face dark gray like the cartoon to further distinguish him from Thundercracker and Skywarp. I get nervous about painting small, precise areas though.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Found four Starscream’s at the store yesterday. Two had paint slopped onto the face/helmet so I picked between the two remaining. Turns out I chose poorly, back to the store to exchange it.

F1DE9116-485C-45F6-ACA7-B89230480DA0.jpeg

That said, a really surprising figure that looked absolutely boring in promo shots but was crazy articulated and with one of the most solid alt modes I’ve seen in a long time. Once it’s all pegged together it’s like a brick.

EDIT: exchanged it for another one and this one is all good. Great looking figure. Only thing I don’t like is now I’m kind of considering Thundercracker and Skywarp.

8FB628AE-BA9F-4A29-A665-B24EADEFF01C.jpeg 10EAA530-9451-4E18-AB0C-39A99AA7C2EA.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  7. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Just received mine from Europe (ordered from France but stock was from DE) and .... no pin

THe cokpit pops off yet this is one of the best starscream I had in a long time, I am even getting rid of my classic united version

8. cire87

cire87 'til all are dead.

Got my figure last night and this is how I actually thought it was suppose to be done but I looked at the instructions and it doesn't show this and I was watching reviewer videos and it seems none of them do this.
    I was just about to post pictures and of it but I decided to see it anyone else found it out and surprise. (Thought I was gonna be the only one lol)
    Anyways, I think it's how it's suppose to be done cause why else would there be slots RIGHT there.

9. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Well-Known Member

It's not called out in the instructions? I never read those unless I have to and the figure is so well designed I easily did this without looking at them and it was super obvious that's where the flap goes. Because, yeah - there are big slots on the shoulder vent things for the tabs on the sides of the flap. Makes the head panel rock solid (something Megatron sorely needed).

10. cire87

cire87 'til all are dead.

Nope. Per instruction you have to flip that panel out from under his neck.
    Even the video reviewer that I've watched flip it under the neck.

11. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine changes depending on the mood I'm in. If transformed correctly everything tabs in nice and securely. If you tuck the flap down, his head range of motion is improved and he can have some pretty dynamic flying robot poses. It still tabs in, just not as tight of a fit.

12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The one I bought is identical to this just a different brand and piece count.

Anyway tried to find a nail that fit but all were either too small or a hair to big. What size is everyone using?

14. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While drilling the holes for the chest pin I found the two design errors that prevented the chest from being pinned. There is no way that piece was meant to clip on. If the piece was meant to clip on, it would have had posts on both sides.

The orange plastic cockpit has grooves in it that would allow a pin to fit all the way through. The problem is the red plastic right next to those grooves was not cut out, even though it should have been.

Then the center chest portion of the gray body plastic protrudes out to fill the gap that would be seen when the chest flap closes. This protrusion would block a full length pin and prevent the chest flap from fitting flush.

Looks like a designer wasn't checking the clearance. I'm certain the base figure has been designed to accept Earth mode plane parts. The hinge could be different on an alternate design and the defect not caught until a production prototype, when an assembler put a pin in the chest and found it wouldn't close. The mold change to the hinge was easy, but the nubs weren't made large enough.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your review just sold me this figure - especially with the ones with Megatron, Soundwave and Shockwave!

I can’t believe but this is probably the first main TF series that we’re getting that has the core cast of Deceptions from the pilot episodes (but in Cybertron modes)!

• Like Like x 3
  16. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I did the pin mod today. The easiest way to make sure everything fits, I think, is to go to Home Depot and get a 1/16" drill bit, and #16 x 1-1/4" nails. When I drilled the holes by hand I didn't go all the way through so in case the plastic ever cracks from the internal pressure from the pins there will still be a lot of material supporting the joints. It took about 10 minutes on each side 'cause the nails are just a wee bit too big to sit in the holes comfortably, so I had to scrape the pin holes with an x-acto knife to make up the difference. The hardest part was getting the pins to go through the chest piece and the hinge piece when assembled 'cause it's hard to get the holes perfectly centered.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  17. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    man, bought one a couple weeks ago and immediately returned it... but it was nagging me because i missedhaving a starscream, and for the 15 minutes i had the toy, i actually liked it more than i should. i cracked and rebought it again last night. this copy has a considerably looser chestplate unfortunately, but man, the tetrajet mode is so fucking fun. i'm not someone that really plays with stuff, but it's just so... woosh-able.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just finished putting pins into his chest. Took him from a solid 9 to a 10. I LOVE this figure. I couldn't have asked for a better Screamer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

My copy from Amazon barely even had paint on the lower face. The face on that copy is impressively nice, I'm jealous...

20. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got him. Loving him so far, but it seems like mine has a dissembled waist joint. I unscrewed the waist screw but I'm having a hard time opening the waist. I'd like to get a grip around the upper part of the waist, but the legs make it a little difficult. Any tips or things I should be looking out for?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1