WFC Siege Starscream and Soundwave In-hand pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    Triangle Man
    Triangle Man
    Triangle Man hates Tapedeck Man
    They have a fight
    Triangle wins
    Triangle Man

• Like Like x 7
  2. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

300px-Underbaseallmine.jpg DarkStar_underbase_powered_starscream.jpg

Looks like Siege Starscream got hit with a dose of Underbase!
    Its cool, though, I bet the detailing looks betrer in hand than in photos, just like the battle damage paint.

• Like Like x 6
  3. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Oh god, I prematurely ejected my tapes.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

At least Starscream confirms he doesn\'t just lay face down and fold his head in to transform him into a tetrajet. Soundwave looks nice too, he just needs some Recordicons!

• Like Like x 2
  5. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah these pics have got me doing a 180.
    Not digging the final choices on Soundwave (grey plastic vs painted, battle damaged chest, hollow wrists).
    But suddenly Starscream is looking waaaaay better (color choices, detailed sculpt, face!!).

• Like Like x 3
  6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice avatar

7. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

The proportions bother me on both of these just as they do on Megatron but I'm looking forward to proper voyager seekers anyway. Hope they repaint the hell out of it to at least give us lots of characters. One of the things I loved on the classics mold was how many unique characters we got in a single mold (eleven different seekers, twelve if one adds SG Thundercracker). I wouldn't mind that again. Sunstorm's squad and the rainmakers in particular would be great since the rain makers actually appeared in tetrajet form and Sunstorm's squad was on Cybertron.

Honestly the classics mold was good for it's G1 faithful looks in both modes but even then I'd argue Energon Starscream was a better figure in nearly every other respect. Fastforward to now and this fulfils three different desires people had: tetrajet mode, voyager, and well articulated. If they do the other seekers this'll be THE new Seeker mold among non masterpiece, non Legends figures.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Codysseus Prime

Codysseus Prime Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    They both look great, especially Screamer. With Thundercracker coming down the line I really hope they take advantage of that mold and keep pumping out more Seekers for the War for Cybertron trilogy in the future. 

• Like Like x 5
  9. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

technically the yellow visor is the Hasbro and Takara version. Since the original G1 toy had yellow. But I know the show had him with red.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Currently in one piece

I have to say, there’s just something off about Soundwave. Maybe it’s the yellow eyes or the odd proportions or the weird alt mode, but it just doesn’t seem right.

11. ca12nag3

In hand it is a lot less bad looking. Btw the first wave both sideswipe and Hound don't have that much. Also Hound has it on the fitting metal/bumper parts. As for Sideswipe the metal also. I think OP they overdid it. But still not too bad imo. I think these later ones they really go too far. With Soundwave it is over the top. But I got myself an MP soundwave. So for me it would really be a " go along with the rest" soundwave, rather than a figure I would gloat over. Since that is my MP.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Not as attached to Soundwave as a character and that cracked chest isn't really doing him any favors (really looks a minute away from getting shot straight through), so Starscream will be the one of these I get if it's just one.

Starscream will have the presumed honor of jump-starting a legion of Seekers. His greebly detail and vehicle mode are hard on the eyes, but hey he is a Voyager Starscream and so far it looks like the other Seekers are going to look better, and they need their leader. I'm a pretty big fan of the articulation on Starscream, however — that looks like it'll be fun — and that he has peg holes on his forearms; I get the shoulder pegs for the traditional null ray position, but mounting them on the forearms just generally looks better and feels more practical.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ca12nag3

Hmm, Seekers have the nulrays on the shoulders though. And they look fine there as it is. Also his proportions are so good. Or maybe it is that he totally blows away the PotP Voy Starscream. That thing is a monstrosity.
    And yes a legion of seekers. Seeing how there are a bunch of new fembots in Cyberverse, as well as the obvious Thundercracker and Skywarp. I hope we get most of them. Including Acidstorm and Sunstorm. I just like to have more seekers in voyager size.
    I am also curious if it is possible to " mistransform" him to have a conehead? Or lets say, there is room somewhere to have a conehead? Or is the entire jetmode so tight that the cone would not possibly fit in anywhere. Since the alt mode lacks a cone. Seeing that the chest is mostly fake and most of his alt mode is stored on the back. Seeing a tetrajet conehead with distinct own add ons for the wings would be interesting. And I am curious how a " conehead" tetra would look like since we only see the generic seekers as tetras.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's good to see that Starscream's transformation does seem to be more involved then what I thought before. Still not sure about picking up the mold as Starscream but if the mold will come as Redwing in the future then I'll bite.

15. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz I exist

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get these guys, they look great.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Soundwave, especially his yellow eyes, though I hope Soundblaster comes with red ones. We also need a Blaster remold ASAP.

I like Starscream, too. It's nice to get another new Seeker alt-mode that isn't some form of Earth jet. Hopefully we'll get Skywarp too, though I really want a Sunstorm as well. .

• Like Like x 2
  17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I'm really looking forward to these 2! I wish Soundwave had a ed visor and that his arms weren't so hollow but I can forgive it. Starscream looks incredible, honestly the first Starscream I've actually wanted since the FoC figures. I'm very glad to see the wings are actually pretty pose-able. While he has a bit of a backpack, you hardly notice when his wings are in the default position. I really like the battle damage on the Siege figures but even I'm not keen on the splatter on Starscream's wings. Hopefully it loks better irl or that I can get a copy that doesn't look quite that bad. Thundercracker looks good, I look forward to seeing Skywarp as well. Here's hoping we get Acidstorm from this mold as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    My only nitpick with Screamer is that I wish they somehow managed to make the "clean" (flat or smooth side is probably more appropriate in this case) side of the wings face forward in robot mode but as it is he's looking pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    It looks like Megatron or Starscream used him as a surfboard ... on concrete. :eek: 

• Like Like x 8
  20. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    well fuck, now i really want him.

• Like Like x 4