WFC Siege Starscream and Soundwave In-hand pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 19, 2019.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    So Hasbro essentially rebooted the Generations line so half of the characters could go back and get their episode 1 pre-Earth modes. And we're not expecting the next thing after WFC3 to be Earth modes for the same characters? Which would probably all be remolds of these figures anyway. Why even bother till then...?

2. weevil

weevil Let's dance!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I like Soundwave\'s bombbox mode over his partol overcraft.

• Like Like x 2
  3. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I believe Hasbro called it a "drop ship" mode. IMO it makes ita tad more appealing than it did, but I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if the drop ship looked more cohesive it wouldn't be as much of a problem. I'm still getting it though, I need a Soundwave. BTW he looks awesome with his minions inside.

r_war-for-cybertron-037.jpg

What if....he gets retooled for the 35th anniversary to turn into tape player mode. The mode seems almost intentional just requiring one more joint.

• Like Like x 6
  5. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    The fact the "tape" mode has an individual news story is just...just...that's not news.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly for some that’s more important than anything that he can create it

And if it helps the 20 people who will still ask when he starting getting sighted won’t have to now...but they still will ask if he can achieve it

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the look of these 2 but I so hate that beige ugly plastic colour they used on them so much. The painted samples looked great but if these are final, I’ll have to take up painting them. I know factories can colour match old toys, there’s smaller independent lines that send the factories the old toy and get it matched perfectly like on Robo Force, MUSCLE things and Star Wars homages. Don’t know why they used that plastic again or didn’t do that.

Other than if these are final samples or not, did they put the tape mode in as an Easter egg? Or coincidence cause of his design? I’m sure a lot of people will use that mode instead of the ship.

Also the ugly gaps on Soundwave’s forearms and the underside of Starscream’s wings will probably be fixed by independent artists or 3P for sure.

8. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Critisms are fine, whining about minute things while ignoring the positive, or continually trashing the same thing over and over again is tiresome.

For example, I think Soundwave's alt mode is not perfect, many of us would rather have a tape player, but that bot mode looks fantastic, and better with Ravage inside.

9. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    If you don't mind me asking where are these pictures from. They don't look like they are from toy fair, or at the very least they moved them to a different area. Also it looks like some of it will be on flat-ish unpainted plastic so it will be easier to get off. The stuff on the nosecone/shoulder thing will not be so easy but that looks more natural and realistic... The other stuff just looks like a smear of dirt (Starscream) or in Thundercrackers case someone took a buffer with sandpaper on it to his back and and never cleaned repainted it.

At the very least he shares engineering. Look at the back of Soundwaves legs. They seem to peg together like OP's.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  10. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    Excitement intensifies.
    Head may be on a limited ball joint... poo
    Shoulder can Swivel Up, down, back, and forth
    Butterfly Joint!
    Double jointed elbows
    Wrist swivel!
    Waist swivel
    Thighs up, down, limited back, forward
    Knee joint that goes farther then 90
    and Ankle tilt!

double and... AND!! His wings seem to be fully poseable!

• Like Like x 2
  11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    These guys look great. I picked them up on Hasbro Pulse although I had to preorder were there any available there that day? Like I got Studio Series Leaders ROTF Jetfire and DOTM Megatron for 39.99 each i wonder if they had Soundwave & Starscream for 19.99 each before I got there.

Would you honestly want a red Visor if when the animation comes out and its yellow? Which is likely to be the case UNLESS the plan on duping us and release a "clean anime accurate red visor version" if the animation WAS red visor. in the future. But I guess we wont know til later this year.

12. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No, nothing available for pre-order on Pulse has been available for immediate order on the site yet (even on day one), and the only price mistakes on day one were the Wave 2 Siege Deluxes (for $9.99) and the Wave 2 Studio Series Leaders (for $40).

• Like Like x 1
  13. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I don't think too many people here are concerned with the new animation.

The toyline looks to have a very ardent following. The new animated series thus far, doesn't have a lot of high hopes and I don't think folks are taking it more seriously than G1 commercials.

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Ahh but this is done by the ppl that did Transformers Prime and it's a Netflix show so its bound to 22 minute episodes. I'm sure it's going to be great. They were saying that this is going to be something that's really special. I could understand if it was those 5 minute episodes but I have faith I have been watching these cartoons (every one of them lol) since the 1st and going by their pattern it's due time for a more teenage/adult based show. Have faith brothers!

• Like Like x 2
  15. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

It's being animated by the people who animated Transformers Prime. Netflix is a distributor.

The head writer is the guy behind Machinima's Prime Wars shorts.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yeah I saw it kinda from the getgo (day 1). I saw Ironhide and Sixgun were sold out but had been available at $9.99 and the wave 2 Leaders WERE in stock still at 39.99 each. Just wasnt sure on the wave 3 thanks!

17. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I'm aware. I did just say that lol ;)  Minus the writer part because I didnt wanna give you the idea that it will be continuation of Machinma, since i had a feeling you were a hater of it.
    IMO, the POTP wasnt a bad series.

For me, collecting Transformers connected to the same Transformers media is a huge part of collecting. And this is common considering everyone wanting cartoon accurate toys & all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance, but do we have an ETA on these two?

19. Tprime

Tprime Well-Known Cybertronian

Most places have a release date of 4/1/2019 but my guess is we'll start seeing them pop up around mid March

20. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

I recall seeing images of em with local pricetag ( parkson supermarket) in malaysia fb and whatsapp groups.