WFC: Siege - Sixgun

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Erland, Mar 9, 2019.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    After owning this figure for almost a month and liking it, I need to mention that Sixgun is a bit of a tricky figure to pose IMO.

The problem is that while Sixgun may have feets big enough to balance, most of the spaces in the feet are hollow to allow movement of the toe joint; together with the top heavy upper body, this figure need to be properly poses to not fall down at his back.

This isn't really a flaw, but for anyone wanting to get Sixgun as a standalone figure, I'll suggest getting an action base/flight stand from Bandai/Kotobukiya as this figure do shines in flight poses.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got this guy. My first impressions are great. He’s a good solid figure. I normally do not like parts formers, but this guy really comes together well, looks great in both modes, has great colors, and the plastic feels really good.

I don’t own Metroplex, and I plan to pretty much keep him as a stand alone figure and not a weapons pack. He’s very nice though.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I envision him as an Urban Pacification Drone, shooting tear gas grenades out of those four tubes under the canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reichstein

Reichstein Well-Known Member

This is the main reason that I drilled out the nubs that hold on the toe and replaced them with styrene rods (post last page). It has given him much stiffer toe joints and it does help with posing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I don't own metroplex, I just look at this guy and think he looks like a wrecker. Armed to the teeth and can also arm up his wrecker cohorts. Yeah hes going on my wrecker shelf. Also some of his connections are a fair bit loose.

6. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Sixgun!

Robot Mode:

Sixgun's robot mode is very thin and yet blocky at the same time, articulation is pretty standard for a modern deluxe, with the addition of toe tilt as well. He has many ports and plugs for other weapons and blast effects, but sadly a lot of the little pegs are a tad bit short and so some effects are rather loose. His thighs are a bit on the loose side and in gun mode they don't holds the pistols all that well. His black rifles were very loose out of package, but i swapped them and now they are weirdly tight. He holds them just fine, and the back guns and chest missiles make him look well-equipped. My only real gripe is that his shoulder wings bump against his back guns. Note: I didn't realize you could flip the panel behind his head down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weaponizer:

Sixgun can be broken down into, what else, six guns! Although one is more of a shield/missile rack. Semantics. Anywho, the legs are the best of the lot, turning into a pair of massive rifles. The instructions call them Gravity Cannons. Ironhide has kindly agreed to test these new weapons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alt-Mode:

Sixgun turns into what can loosely be called some kind of VTOL craft. It kinda sorta looks like the fliers from the WFC game, and is heavily armed. Interestingly enough, he has prolly one of the thinnest profiles for an aircraft transformer in a while. With only a large block underneath. No arms tucked under the wings or some such.

[​IMG]

7. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Prelude: Sixgun is the original Weaponizer, just so you know. The very first Transformers robot assembled from several different weapons. That’s pretty much his entire claim to fame, of course. He’s the guy assembled from G1 Metroplex’ weapons, that’s it. Much like with Cog, no one ever figured we’d see him return, except maybe as some third party add-on for the Titan-class robots. But return he did in War for Cybertron Siege. Let’s see what he’s made of (except weapons, I mean).

Robot Mode: In robot mode Sixgun greatly resembles his look in his sole in-media appearance (see below), rather than the look of the G1 figure. It starts with having actual arms and hands instead of just gun barrels. The resemblance is pretty good and despite being mostly white and red, Sixgun shows a fair amount of detailing, too. Despite being assembled from guns, Sixgun is a very nicely articulated figure, capable of pulling of all sorts of poses easily. His big feet give him a stable stance, so no problems there, either.

In terms of weapons Sixgun is pretty much his own arsenal, really, but if you do want to give him handguns on top of it, you can remove the front portions of either the arm guns or the guns on his back and put them in his hands. Like all Siege figures Sixgun, too, has lots of ports to put on additional weapons (such as a disassembled Cog, for example). Sixgun does wear some of the dreaded battle damage, too, but thankfully just on his feet. Barely noticeable.

So bottom line for the robot mode: very nice. A good-looking robot, very nicely articulated, and showcasing a character we haven’t seen in ages. No complaints except maybe that the leg joints could be a tad tighter.

Alternate Mode: Sixgun’s main alternate mode is a kind of hovercraft glider thing. Seeing as G1 Sixgun didn’t have anything resembling an alternate mode, the designers were pretty free here and ended up with something that looks... okay, let’s leave it at that. It’s certainly not the most streamlined or wholesome flying vehicle ever, but you can recognize it for what it’s supposed to be and the glider is big enough to have Deluxe-class figures standing on top of it, which looks pretty nice.

The actual point of Sixgun is, of course, that he can disassemble into a number of weapons and accessories. Chief among them the red rifles that Metroplex used to carry, which are formed from Sixguns’ legs, as well as the black-and-white guns that form his arms. The tips of each rifle are separate pieces that can be swapped or used individually. His torso becomes a white shield of sorts and his back is a blocky four-barreled blaster of some sort. Now technically Sixgun doesn’t actually become six guns, but there are so many possible variations here that you can easily assemble six different guns if you must.

Side note: it should be obvious, seeing as Sixgun is only a Deluxe-class figure, but none of the guns he falls apart into are of proper scale to be used by Thrilling 30 Metroplex. His biggest components, the red leg guns, are barely big enough for G1 Metroplex. Sixgun’s guns are meant for normal-sized figures.

As mentioned above there are quite a few possible variations for the weapons Sixgun becomes. See the pictures above for just a few possibilities. Something I do want to mention is the possibility of using his torso modules as a kind of huge glove to put on a Deluxe-class figure. A very nice idea. Apart from that, though, use your imagination. Sixgun in weapon mode offers tons of variations and lots of play value. Have fun!

Remarks: Sixgun has but a single in-media appearance to his name (not counting the times he was present in the form of Metroplex’ weapons), namely in the third-season episode “Thief in the Night”. He served as main inquisitor for the Dinobots, as they were under suspicion of having made off with Fort Knox. The most amusing part of it was Sky Lynx taking offence at being called a Dinobot, too. Sixgun never appeared anywhere else afterwards, though several third party versions of him were made once Thrilling 30 Metroplex came out.

For some reason I can’t quite put my fingers on I had a really hard time writing this review. Not really sure why. Sixgun is a good figure, I love the Weaponizer concept, and while I’m not as excited about him as I was about Cog, he’s a very nice addition to the Siege line. Still, I had a lot of trouble actually putting these words on paper (electronically speaking). Bottom line: another good Weaponizer figure. I prefer Cog, both in terms of look and weapons, but Sixgun is still worth a look for anyone who likes the concept or enjoys a figure that is not part of the same 20 characters we get in every toy line.

Rating: B

Source: Transformers-Universe.com

8. RagaBM

RagaBM Sqweeks is the Last Knight

Guy looks awesome in robot. And his parts becoming crazy weapons for other figures is just icing on the cake. Although I haven't bought any of the Siege figures yet so I don't know if I could utilize his weaponizing gimmick to its full potential.

9. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    The weaponizer parts are 5mm ports compatible, so you can still use the weaponizing gimmick with figures from previous toylines such as POTP or T30 (As long as the figure has 5mm port compatibility).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A couple of photos with the battle damage stripped, and some weapons borrowed from Jetfire.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Did you have to switch the toes? Mine had the slightly wider part facing outwards and I tried switching them (so now it's inwards like in your pictures) after seeing it mentioned on the wiki, and they do collapse much smoother for transformation. I was curious because checking pics, almost every sixgun seems to have them assembled "wrong".

Other than that I'm having a lot of fun with this guy, lotsa play value with him.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Frankly, I was not aware that the toes were different, I assumed they were symmetrical. There's a good chance they ended up swapped as I was partially disassembling the figure for paint removal.

13. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Hiatus from 3D print design. Need bigger monitor.

"I'm right here, Sixgun! Become my legs as we fight together!!"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starling

Starling Well-Known Member

My torret mode configuration:

DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0158.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  15. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

16. Starling

The original chest cockpit in Six Gun but inside and reverse.

17. Starling

DSC_0169.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Would still like a Metroshot repaint.

19. Bandit

Bandit Well-Known Member

That’s awesome! Can he connect to a base in that configuration? I picked him for up $10 during an amazon sale but haven’t opened him yet. Without owning Metroplex I’ve been tempted to just return him.

20. Starling

Not exactly but may be you can use the 5mm hole down side to connect it some way:

DSC_0171.JPG

I haven’t a Metroplex too so decided to make my own version:

DSC_0172.JPG DSC_0173.JPG

Stills on progress of course, hehe.

• Like Like x 4