WFC Siege Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by openchallenge, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    This figure is really amazing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got my Side Swipe! Predictably excellent. I'm still not a fan of the all-painted approach as it has resulted in some parts being incredibly hard to tab in, and I think I prefer the slightly brighter glossier red plastic to the slightly duller matte red paint, but overall it does look great.

One nice touch that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere is that the ball jointed head uses a system where the ball is at the bottom of his neck and the socket in his collar, rather than the more usual approach of having the ball be at the top of the neck and the socket in the base of the head. I personally prefer this approach as I feel it gives head turns and tilts a more natural look, mimicking the subtle curve to the spine that goes along with raising your head back or lowering your head forward.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    P-shooom!
    IMG_20190114_193554946.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

Yeah most of the line seems to have this neck joint setup. It’s a wonderful little touch that greatly improves the look of the figure!

• Like Like x 1
  5. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The additional peg on the rocket launcher is a bit baffling. The tab that pegs into his shoulder is the right thickness to peg into all of the Siege line's peg holes just fine.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Got this guy from Target yesterday. Tried getting him into an action pose today and discovered he has a problem very similar to that reported with Skytread - his crotch plate isn't glued in place but his hips are glued together. If I move one leg forward, they both move forward.

I THINK it might be fixable, but I'm trying to figure out whether the right and left hips are one piece that swivels in the middle or two pieces held together by the crotch piece. Anyone know how to weaken glue on plastic?

7. Rustface

Rustface Member

Completely blown away by how nice this guy is! Both modes look great with the paint choices and his neck/torso setup is really clever. Can’t say enough good things about him!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Best deluxe SS. Incredibly engineered.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So I was in my local Walmart around 7am this morning and I checked the toy aisle like I always do.

They had Seige Megatron, Optimus, Ultra Magnus, and Shockwave on the shelf.

No Deluxes on the pegs. But I did notice that they were in the middle of stocking when I saw a case of Seige Deluxes on a cart in the main aisle. Without an associate around, I cracked the case open on my own and I hung them on the pegs myself.

With that said, Flywheels was easily my most anticipated Seige Deluxe because he was one of the very few G1 transformers I had as a kid. So with Flywheels already picked out, I carefully looked over Cog, Hound, and Sideswipe too.

And you know what? Due to budget, even though I could only walk out of there with one Deluxe, that Deluxe figure ended up being Sideswipe. I couldn't pass him up. He looked that good in the package. Good enough for me to pass up on the figure I set out to get.

Once I got Sideswipe home and out of the package, boy did he ever live up to and exceed my initial thoughts about him. Absolutely fantastic figure. One of the best in years. Easily THE BEST mainline Deluxe Sideswipe there is.

Now that I have Sideswipe, my most anticipated Siege figure is Sideswipes's repaint/remold Red Alert. The mold is seriously that good.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

For some reason, I was under the impression that Sideswipe was generally regarded as fairly average, compared to the rest of the Siege line. I was OK with that, cause I loved how the bot and alt modes looked, and between the two, the transformation couldn't be that involved.

Well, I was right on all accounts, except him being "average." He is fantastic. I'd like to look to Shapeways for some new, more classic looking, armaments, but for now, Firedrive is his assigned partner.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Chainlink

Chainlink Glasses Girl

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I saw this guy at Walmart, and... I couldn't do it... $20 still seems way too much for a Deluxe. Even despite all the praise I've been hearing.
    Maybe if I see him again, I'll pull the trigger. He looked nice, just kinda small and... $20...

• Like Like x 3
  12. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

The way I think about it is this. These guys, they are Takara quality. You can tell the improvement since Hasbro/Takara consolidated both lines. The extra, you're basically paying for the added plastic, paint, and detail in the figure.

Or, alternatively, you can look at it as paying shipping and handling for a takara figure, lol.

Either way, these figures are superior so far to what we've been getting since the Prime Wars lines. At least IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Same boat. My solution is to either wait for them to show up on Amazon for $16 and bundle them with something else that I need to get free shipping, or swallow the $20 but buy fewer figures. I used to buy everything Hasbro put out, but those days died once "the creep" began (for my area, around 2010). I got Side Swipe and Hound, and I might get UM or Prime on discount, but that's it for Wave 1 and 2 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Everything about the figure impressed me but what sort of stood out was the paint job. I know not everyone likes matte-type paint but I was blown away by it. This feels like a premium figure. I'm still debating on whether I like this more then Hound. Regardless its awesome. I cannot wait for the next three waves of deluxes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Love this toy. Have to say, if we don't get a Sunstreaker to compliment him I will go APE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Has anyone figured out a fix for the waist section not tabbing into place in bot mode? After repeated transformations mine has gotten so loose that the whole chest swings away if I tilt him forward.

And by fix I mean something more permanent than gooping the area with Future, that stuff wears off to quickly for me to consider it a viable option.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Picked up Sideswipe this afternoon while I was grocery shopping.

I like him, glad I got him to be my Sideswipe, but I don't love it. Besides the price tag and small size, like others, I'm concerned about that chest piece; I've already nail polished it and it holds much better. It's a nice Transformer and all that, with a nice transformation, but I'm somewhat at a loss. Perhaps I was expecting more out of it then it delivered.

SIEGE, outside of the Targetmasters don't seem to be doing all that much for me.

18. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    That's exactly the spare gun I've given mine. It works so well.

19. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What gun is that?

20. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It's from the combiner wars Firefly (Fireflight) mold.

• Like Like x 1