WFC Siege Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by openchallenge, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Unfortunately, the only MP figure I have is Hot Rod (and the Decepticon cassettes, haha).

2. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
  3. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Those purple bits are just parts of the Brunt Weaponizer figure. I’m pretty sure they didn’t retool Red Alert at all.

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

My only worry with Sideswipe is the stress that his ankle joints endure when flipping his feet in for transformation. It’s a tight joint, and I’m afraid it will break eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I'll wait for Sunstreaker before I get him but I really like this take on him.

6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

This guy is super solid and well built and finished for a mainline deluxe figure. This is probably the highest quality I have felt in a mainline deluxe since returning to collecting last year. I had mine for a few weeks before I opened him...happy I didn’t keep him sealed. The chest doesn’t secure tightly on my copy either, but, it doesn’t really affect anything, so I haven’t attempted a fix.

7. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Out of all the siege line figures this guy is the big one I must have! The only way it could get better is if we got s gen 2repaint since he was my first figure

8. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Your new best friend

News Credits:
    Love the figure. Though transforming it last night and his front crotch plate thingy randomly broke off and I had to glue it back on. No idea how that happened. Was going from car to robot.

9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    When the Universe 2.0 Sideswipe was released I wasn't really collecting Transformers, I got a few Animated & ROTF figures but nothing CHUG except Prowl. So hearing and then seeing Siege Sideswipe made me squeal with glee over the prospect of having a G1 Sideswipe for my CHUG shelf, he was one of three 84 Autobots I still needed. Man this guy is about as Sideswipe as can be and that is a GOOD thing, like this guy is so perfect. I am having a fun time posing this guy, kind of wish he came with a third gun so I can leave the red gun plugged into the launcher on his shoulder though.

IMG_0056.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. SuperGodzilla

SuperGodzilla Well-Known Member

I don't have any real ability to take pictures but I have Siege Hound and Sideswipe posed next to my MP Prowl on my desk at the moment, and the tops of their heads are the same height of the front bumper on MP Prowl's hood chest. So he does look like he kind of towers over the two Siege figures, but not too badly? Maybe?

As for Siege Sideswipe, he's definitely the clear winner, for me anyhow. As has been mentioned, he looks like they filtered out the bells, whistles, and fluff of the Masterpiece Sideswipe to it's basic elements, and he still looks like a perfect representation of an updated G1 Sideswipe... it's also so nice to be able to crack open a new figure and not have to deal with loose joints, lack of paint, or feel cheap and hollow... even though his legs and arms are technically hollow, but you know what I mean...

If I did have one minor gripe, I wish they used a white plastic that was, well, white... not the "failed tissue test" white like you see in those toothpaste commercials.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  11. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Found this guy the other day. Wow, pics don't do him justice. The head is very Masterpiece like. Gorgeous.

12. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah! I just saw him and another decepticon(forget the name) on shelfs at target. Went back the next day and they were gone. I don't think they were purchased, it looked more like they were removed from the shelfs.

13. Hotconvoy

Hotconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got this guy the other day, and I LOVE him!!!

But there is one thing that irks me. For some reason they make him using no red plastic(except the small gun)... Why would they do that, it's like PotP Jazz, but kinda worse!!!

Oh well, maybe the Earth-mode version next year will use red plastic...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *irks

15. Hotconvoy

Hotconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoops, thanks for the catch
    :thumb 

16. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

I got him, and he feels as close to "generic car robot, vertical hood chest version" as you can get. Not bad, very competent in fact, but I do wonder whether I'll still care about him next week. It's not because he has nothing to offer, indeed, I like the way the bumper gets out of the way of the knee, and in the process begins to fold the feet out as you transform him. He's also very clean, but I think that same cleanness makes him feel generic.

He does feel a little stumpy, even without comparing him to other figures. It's the proportions, with the feet swallowed up by the leg chunks, and being proportionally quite wide and square in the body.

17. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    This Sideswipe is absolutely amazing! First off I love how solid he feels. Past Generations lines I'm used to having a joint here and there be loose out of the pack but Sideswipe (and Skytread) has nice tight joints and nothing loose.

Robot mode has a good overall look and I like that his gun is based more on his vintage shoulder cannon and even has a slot for it on his shoulder. The face sculpt is superb too. I've not made it secret that I'm not big on the weathering but in Sideswipe's case the overall look easily allows me to overlook it.

Now vehicle mode all I can say is WOW! This car mode is sleek and still retains enough of the lambo car mode to still be easily recognizable. I especially love how they did the window with the black shiny plastic with the silver piece underneath giving it some detail.

Siege so far with Skytread and now Sideswipe has not disappointed. I think I can officially say TFU 2.0 Sideswipe has been replaced. Very solid 5/5

• Like Like x 3
  18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pros:
    * Sculpt is pretty excellent and G-wunny in robot mode.
    * Car mode is a nice vaguely futuristic form, if not apparently Cybertronian.
    * Transformation is relatively simple yet effective.
    * Articulation is good, though nothing 'above and beyond'.

Cons:
    * Like others have noted, the chest on mine doesn't lock or peg in place, though it looks like it should. It's a pretty minimal issue though, as little affects it. (Unlike say... RTS Jazz where moving an arm will take the chest with it.)
    * Some joints and pegs are tight to the point of worry. The joints that fold the feet into the legs are one example, as I worry they'll break instead of move. Working the piece back and forth to wear it down helps.
    * The weathering, though minimal, is kinda ugly. Just some factory worker with a dry brush going to town on the pelvis and shins.
    * Nitpick: Mine had a small gob of silver paint stuck to the helmet. Most of it came off by scraping with a fingernail though.

Overall: I like it better than the older CHUG Universe Sideswipe in nearly every way, so that seems a success to me.

19. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

Finally opened him up last night and I love him. Transformation is simple and satisfying.

Now I want cybertronian versions of all the season 1-2 Autobots. Sunstreaker deserves a new mood though, not a repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Swipe with some TLK weapons

DSCN2886.JPG

DSCN2889.JPG DSCN2894.JPG

DSCN2896.JPG DSCN2898.JPG

• Like Like x 6