WFC Siege Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by openchallenge, Nov 9, 2018.

1. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

Does your copy has the loose chest tabbing problem that multiple people have reported?

2. openchallenge

openchallenge plastic based

Mine behaves so far, I heard about that before I got the figure but it hasn't been an issue for me.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The plastic on this figure is surprising. The red color looks painted. I've never seen the molded plastic match the painted sections as well as this figure does it. The plastic even feels great.

Aside from that, this is a very simple very satisfying Sideswipe. There are no surprises, conversion is easy in a fun way, and everything is executed to perfection.

The designers set themselves a basic goal and absolutely nailed it.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Is it even meant to tab? Mine doesn't tab at all, but the friction of the chest hinge in general holds it like a rock. Vigorous shaking and the chest stays in place, tab or not...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

This figure feels so premium in hand. Surprisingly hefty for the size. It's me being deceived by the satin finish or this darker red plastic of the car parts really feels like it was painted?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, great plastic and amazing finish. I was shocked when I took him out; this is as premium as generations can get. Oh and I am so happy with the smaller size; it's exactly what I want for my updated G1 transformers. And while I can appreciate the more greebled aesthetic most of the Siege figures will be sporting I do hope to see more of this satin/clean look. Perhaps they're using this style strictly for the 'clean' bots (though only Sunstreaker and Tracks come to mind for the rest).

• Like Like x 3
  7. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the car mode for this guy, the lovely red finish really makes it feel more expensive than it is. Certainly a refreshing change from POTP. I like that they kept the weathering to his legs, and overall I'm very happy with him. I'm not sure what to do with this line overall as I'm out of display space, but between Hound, Skytread and Sideswipe I've been very impressed so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chainlink

Chainlink Glasses Girl

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Reports of quality plastic makes me happy. I'll probably end up getting this guy when I see him. Always nice to know the figure will feel good in-hand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a travesty that Wheeljack was even up for vote, like he's a little known character.

• Like Like x 2
  10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have a CHUG Sideswipe, but I think this is one I'll have to see in person on the shelf before I buy it.

12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The alt mode's really cool to me, but the bot mode is way too G1 and blocky for me, and the chest is too wide. Love that car mode though!

13. Printformers

Printformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 11
  14. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    I like them but don’t have access to a 3d printer.

15. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Neither do I

16. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

This. This is the Lambo update I’ve been waiting for for 12 years. Every part of this figure is on point, from sculpt to paintjob to transformation scheme. My only gripe is that the combined weapon has a 5mm peg getting in the way when attempting to put it in the correct configuration. Your alternatives are to either place it on the left shoulder, or to plug the missile into the wrong end of the launcher, causing an assymetric shape and a slight gap. YMMV on said gap depending on the plastic infill in the launcher. But damn, everything else is perfect, and I love the way he looks armored up with Cog, and how the Battle Master effects add that extra bit of aggressive Sideswipe personality to his poses. I can’t wait to buy this mold again for Red Alert.

4E52455E-FBE5-4ECD-BD16-286094DBB16F.jpeg 2502C65F-6A95-49F0-BC34-C1A836740207.jpeg 41481A6F-987A-43B6-807A-BF47AF026031.jpeg 182027F4-873A-48C8-B666-89BFD3840A2F.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Has anyone figured out a fix for the abdomen tab? My first Sideswipe actually held fine, but my second one doesn’t hold at all and freely comes out. The hinge pins at the top of the torso aren’t that tight either so handling the figure can make the whole torso swing out of place.

It’s a phenomenal figure otherwise and easily the best Sideswipe deluxe to come along so far.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After opening this guy and Hound, the one thing that impresses me that I didn't really know until handling them was how much better the joints are compared to the previous few lines. These figures are really built to withstand the add on armor pieces and mini-con weapons.

Anyways, Sideswipe is awesome. In some ways he's better than his MP counterpart, with better ankle tilt and head articulation. Of course, he's not a licensed Lamborghini.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Triceradon

Triceradon Well-Known Member

I'm trying very hard to convince myself that I don't need Sideswipe and Hound, since I already have the Universe versions. Nostalgia, and Sideswipe's size, is probably the only thing that would stop me buying these.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    This guy is pretty amazing. His vehicle mode is Cybertronian and yet still very much G1 Lamborghini in its own ways.
    I wish he had come with his classic rifle, but I see people are already remedying that.

Now...can we get a Siege Sunstreaker to go with Sideswipe, Hasbro?

• Like Like x 2