WFC - Siege Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by incapable hulk, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

For what is essentially a between steps transformation, Ratchet's 'Medical Sled' mode is actually pretty decent for what it's trying to achieve.

20190920_193323.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

So, has anyone found this figure in the US? At Walgreens?
    I’m getting very tired of Walgreens exclusives that are basically urban legends. Wasn’t this supposed to be on their website immediately after SDCC?

• Like Like x 3
  4. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Hasn't been found in the US yet. Going by previous Walgreens TF exclusives, it should start showing up in October or November, and then be readily available on their website for months shortly after.

5. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone supposedly spotted him in Iowa 2 days ago, no proof though. I'm keeping an eye on ebay for any listings in the US.

6. DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll Well-Known Member

Thanks RobotKingdom!

D689FC00-5E25-4E40-8592-6901CED14DE7.jpeg E9B4F98D-B05E-4E28-8B1D-85B9DB471CAD.jpeg

All things considered I think he might be better than Ironhide, mine has much better tolerance all around and Ironhide wasn’t bad besides the leg flaps not locking tightly.

I’m getting the gap filler kit but it’s not nearly as noticeable on Ratchet because he’s mostly white. Also looking forward to getting the tool kit upgrade from TFSAFARI.

Paid $60 but I’m happy with the figure so I’m not bothered by the price.

• Like Like x 5
  7. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    TRU exclusive Ratchet here (At least at where I live) is quite a nice figure just like his moldmate, Ironhide. My Ratchet while has better QC with the side hip panels, both the knees are looser than my Ironhide for some reason. Still, this is quite a nice Ratchet figure with the same nice aspects from Ironhide, packed with some unique accessories.

One thing through, Ratchet just straight out of box is plain and very "white". The deco isn't bad, but some additional panel-lining or detail painting can make this figure less plain to look at depending on your preference.

Siege Ratchet:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The medical bay "mode" is a bit silly, through. I get why Hasbro/Takara want to include this "mode", but in practice this "mode" is awkward to use with any figures larger than a Scout or legends class figure.

[​IMG]

I pay MYR 125 for this figure (around USD 30) and I didn't regret the purchase, but I won't pay anything higher than that.

• Like Like x 7
  8. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Can't get him from robotkingdom my i.s.p blocked the site, anywhere else I can find him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bluesunburn

bluesunburn Member

I feel like I'm overdue to check my local Walgreens.

10. bluesunburn

bluesunburn Member

No luck yet. Ah, well.

11. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Mid-October, so I should start getting into the habit of regularly checking my local Walgreens again. This is one exclusive that I don't want to miss out on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Same here

• Like Like x 1
  13. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    He looks so freakin' amazing. I want him so much! No word when or if he will ever reach Europe...

I hope I can snatch one of ebay soon... I want to finish Siege this year... and I am on a good way so far.

15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking unlikely I'd have thought :-( No known EAN for him, like the also AWOL Rainmakers and MM 10 pack

UPC/EAN barcode list for modern Transformers toys

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is shared tooling done right and has enough new tooling to stand apart from Ironhide. Great to have the old doctor back!

Only thing I don't like are the differing tones of white as it's not consistent and the unpainted parts look prone to yellowing in my copy. Also the weathered paint looks more like slopped on grease(like when I was a kid and used to wipe food grease off on my clothes) as opposed to weathering.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

The different tones of white are supposedly a deliberate thing. The hands and crotch match the paint on his face.

I’ve heard multi-tone white is big in Gundam. If they had given him a red crotch and hands, they’d have also ended up with red wheels and back based on the mold layout and budget.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It doesn't look deliberate in person the way a Gundam would(I know exactly what you're referrring to as I'm into Gundam). This is a $20 toy so I've tempered my expectations. I mainly pointed out the tonal differences because it's not very evident in pictures but is definitely noticeable in person.

I think they were trying to make the face look a little greyish. The hands and crotch don't match the rest of the body since they use a different type of plastic that is sturdier with a bit more give(and different sheen/feel/finish), probably so the 5mm fist holes won't crack over time when a weapon is held, just flex a bit, might be plastic that doesn't take paint well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I think Hasbro is trying some crazy experimentation all around right now.

Examples include:

Seamless articulation in the new high end Star Wars.
    New ratchet types with a Jetfire and Omega Supreme.
    Battle damage.
    Cel shading.
    Similar tone contrast pairing.

I don’t think Ratchet is a very well done example. I agree with you that it doesn’t work well here. The face paint matching is enough to convince me it’s deliberate though.

I think Ratchet is a good figure with some noticeable flaws.

It’s the best non-MP Ratchet we’ve ever gotten, at least of the G1 character.

The flaws are deep enough that I also think we could get a better Ratchet within 5 years, either an earth mode version or an alternate deco of this mold which I’d imagine would be part of a boxed set since Hasbro generally only redecos a character as themselves in a boxed set. Selects Swoop and Megatron being recent exceptions.

If somebody wants the best non-MP Ratchet ever made so far, I’d say go for this release.

But it’s ONLY the best so far and I don’t think it’s the best possible even from this mold.

I’d say:

Make the gray parts red. Made the paint apps silver. Find a better cross stand-in shoulder symbol. Maybe make the helmet red.

I think it’d be a better looking figure and people could parts swap with this if they did that layout for EITHER a comics or cartoon accurate look. Or maybe an Animated inspired redeco.

Hasbro should just wait until the next Arcee comes out and do, say, a Medical Team boxed set similar to the G2 Sideswipe set.

Alternate deco Ratchet.
    Paradron Medic from Arcee.
    Medical redeco of Rung sold as some kind of laser scalpel. Maybe as Undertone, PRiD Ratchet’s Minicon?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My biggest gripe with him is that the lightbar molded into his shoulders doesn't read as a lightbar to me. Like, I know that's what they were going for, but it just looks like all the other red parts on the cyber-techy detail covered truck. I want someone to make a translucent plastic lightbar that can plug into the shoulder COMBAT ports.