WFC Siege Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by General Tekno, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Goose24

Goose24 Well-Known Member

So, trying to decide on Xmas for the 5 year old and his 3 year old sister. They love both Omega and Scorponok. Which one would you all go with for playability?

2. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Omega. Unless they really love headmasters

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Omega for the boy. Scorponok for the girl. reason being is, girls tend to be drawn to the more colorful toys. Skoponok draws the eye for sure.

4. Goose24

Yeah, I can’t swing $350 for Xmas. They’ll get one.

5. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Omega, then. I don’t have Scorponok yet, but my kids love Omega for the alt mode. I thought my son (4) would go for Trypticon (he loves dinosaurs), but Omega is the one he asks for the most. Loves the rocket and fills the track with TR Masters. Similarly, my daughter (8) prefers Fortress Maximus for the base mode. She always pretends it’s a castle.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Goose24

Awesome. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Megamenasortimus Prime

Megamenasortimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Anyone have any news on the possibility of a guardian repaint for this figure? I have DX9 Gabriel for Omega and I think this mold would make a fantastic Guardian.

8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It makes a fantastic Omega, but no, no rumors on a repaint that I have heard.
    I wish there were one in the planning though, then I could buy the mold a couple more times it's that good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megamenasortimus Prime

Megamenasortimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It looks like a fantastic mold that I would love to have. The cybertronian look (IMO) perfectly suits the blue guardian/sentinel version.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I just picked up the Toyhax set for OS...Its gonna take 3 days to apply them all. Its a massive set!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I’d definitely spring for a second one of these in Omega Sentinel colors, or in Omega Spreem colors. Either works. Now we know Gen Selects Titans are on the table it could still happen.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    if it was ever gonna happen it would have already. however gen selects, shattered glass and all that doesn't do Titan Recolors. think about it, when have we seen a single titan Recolor other than Grand Maximus by Takara and even that one almost never happened and was a Tokyo Mall exclusive if memory serves.

Even Metro Titan never got made, and that one was a No-Brainer.

Ah yes, But I forgot... We are getting another one, a Black Zarak. Still though, that's all Takara.

13. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

My copy arrived earlier today via BBTS (they shipped my standard grade pre-order in a sealed SOIC box that they wrapped in thick waffle bubble wrap and put inside of a shipping box squeeeeee). This is going to be super, super short because there isn't much to address:

Earthrise Omega Supreme is a lot lighter than I expected so, I guess Earthrise Scorponok is an outlier. It's not as light feeling as The Ark but, I was caught off-guard. I can't see any issues with my copy outside of some silver paint bleeds inside the chest cavity that holds the drone/tank.

I love how "light/smooth" the elbow shoulder side lateral, knee, and ankle tilt ratchets are. They are firm, solid, and dense while lacking that hideous nails on a chalkboard cLaCk-cLiCk-sNaP-cRaCkLe-pOp sound that the shoulder front lateral raise and both hip ratchets have. The hips feel stronger than they need to be but not as excessive as The Ark's hips are.

What I don't like:

The thin, flimsy, flexible plastic that the tracks and its stands are made out of. It will absolutely prevent breakage but, I hate plastic like this. I love the texture of the tracks though.

The burn/scorch marks on the yellow shins and the grey forearms. It's weird, unsightly, and dead center (left to right) on each piece. This is one of the toys that should have been pristine.

The translucent yellow face shield (it should have been clear), the yellow face (it should have been orange with the proper red and grey highlights), and the translucent orange light piping (it should have been translucent blue).

I don't care for how thin some of the chest cavity plastic is (e.g. that transition from the base of it to where it starts to flair out like the lats is absurdly thin). I have a hunch there is more plastic like that hidden based on how light the toy feels but, I'm not interested in doing a tear down to find out.

What I'm on the fence about:

I wish that the drone/tank wasn't as large and that it didn't cheat the head. That having been said, how Earthrise Omega Supreme works is realistic and it results in both modes having the proper proportions while getting rid of the G1 animation cheats. Prior to having this, I wished the tracks were wider so the drone/tank could fit on it but they would be comically large in robot mode if they were so I'm fine with the drone/tank patrolling the perimeter around the tracks and Selects Zetar, Generations 2011 Warpath (I wish this would get an Omega Supreme redeco), Siege Cog, Siege Sixgun, etc. patrolling the tracks. Ultimately, I think this will eventually be a non-issue for me as it's going to fall into the different but refined category where the fake head is in the area that it should be.

The base mode is meh as base modes always are. It's fine for what it is and they certainty weren't going to make any of the leg partsform (the leg is where it should be) and they definitely couldn't do anything else with the upper torso due to the fantastic transformation of the arms into the rocket.

I can't decide if thighs should be longer or not. Omega Supreme never had traditional humanoid proportions and the length of the claw arm (from the top of the shoulder to the start of the orange claw) is proportional to the length of the leg (from the top of the hip to the bottom of the adorably short/tall foot). Overall, it's probably fine and it's mostly a warped/forced perspective due to the size of the toy (as well as an optical illusion like Earthrise Optimus Prime has since the hip section of the pelvis is where the front/rear lateral raise articulation is).

What I don't care about:

I don't care that it can't do proper butterfly wings like the G1 toy could. For me, that's just as silly as planet pieces hanging off all over Cybertron Primus (Armada Unicron gets a pass because it wore the leg kibble well and the back kibble was I wish this wasn't here but extra wings/cape).

I don't care about the tiny shoulders/biceps. They are adorable. Earthrise Omega Supreme was clearly focused on leg day and forearm gains (#GetRekt Popeye).

What it did right:

It's Omega Supreme and I don't see a better official one coming along any time soon if ever. I also prefer to this to any of the 3rd party and KO options (which is rare on a larger toy). The rocket redefines long/tall. I knew it was large but nothing prepared me for how large. This hits all the right notes for me. If I haven't mentioned something in another area, it likely belongs in this one.

Closing thoughts (purchase):

No, I don't regret buying this. sTomP cRusH bOoM bAnG sToMp . . .

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

I believe I've shared this elsewhere on the forum, but apparently not here, oddly enough. I customized an Omega Supreme to be a giant-sized take on Metalhead, the robotic turtle from TMNT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A shot from earlier in the customizing process, when he still had Omega's claw hand:

[​IMG]

And a shot of the vintage Metalhead figure (from a Pixel Dan review) to provide context for the TMNT layfolk:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    PXL_20211023_044033468~2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    Are we getting this Gen Selects Guardian repaint or not?

17. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Im very very late to this party but i just finally got ahold of this guy thanks to a massive trade with a fellow board member! I havent run through all the modes yet but just his robot mode is impressive as hell. Love the feel of all the joints and just how he makes me feel like a kid again handling a giant action figure. Excellent step up from the Fort Max/Metroplex mode. Absolutely adore him! Cant wait to play around with him in the base mode later on.

oh and Countdown is adorable.

F32D71C8-B59E-41C7-BD0F-5502A405B8BC.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  18. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

I've always liked the fact that his base mode basically "bridges the gap" between the two ramp types of Titans... metroplex/Fort Max/Trypticon to Cybertron Metroplex/Scorponok. You could essentially make him the centerpiece of a huge titan complex if you so chose, since he has both connections.

EDIT: I just now noticed, but what's with the guy and the burgers in the corner? lmao

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ha! Thats an autographed photo of randy from Trailer Park Boys. My girlfriend met him at a comedy show a few years back. Also another photo!

184456DA-C02F-4A60-8632-0563834B88D3.jpeg

The base mode is freakin dope! I love how its huge and impressive but doesnt spread out too far. Keeps the feel of this set being self contained really strong. I love the rocket and how huge it is, and i also really like the tank. I wish either the tank and tracks matched up a bit more size wise but the disparity makes sense for the robot mode so im not super worried about it. Hes so rock solid in all the modes i honestly wonder if were gonna get more huge figures lile this going forward or if the Ark is gonna be the last one for a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Hard to say. I dont know how well Cybertron Metroplex did sales-wise, and i dont remember if we've had any titans announced since him.

• Like Like x 1