WFC Siege Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ExVeeBrawn, Nov 3, 2018.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Decided to pick up this guy today. He's the first figure I've bought since I got WW2 Bumblebee last August. I don't collect much these days (I'd prefer to devote the money to other stuff). But I realized that my display was missing a Megatron, and my Studio Series BB Optimus Prime needs to fight a worthy adversary. The only Megatron (in the main size classes) I own is the old Classics 2006 Voyager. And while I think that's a fun toy in terms of playability, I don't think it makes a very good display piece (hence why I removed it from my display a couple years ago). He definitely doesn't fit alongside such a good-looking Optimus. I went with Siege Megatron over the Earthrise version because I liked this guy's sword better (and because I sort of prefer the space tank look).

So far I'm really enjoying this guy. I think he looks great in both modes. The robot mode is a nice modernization of G1. While large backpacks are usually annoying, I actually think this guy's backpack actually helps give him a bigger silhouette (I'm not looking for complete G1 accuracy, so I'm fine with that design liberty). The tank mode is basically my ideal Megatron altmode...a powerful-looking tank with a big ol' laser gun for a barrel. He does a great job looking reminiscent of an earth tank while still feeling a bit alien (he sort of looks like a Star Wars vehicle...I dig it). I've been iffy on that look for the Siege figures, but I think it works great for Megatron here. I sort of wish the fusion cannon was the actual barrel...but I do like the sword-gun, it can certainly pass as a fusion cannon (I actually like putting it on his other arm, so he has a second fusion cannon with a wrist mounted blade...or on his back, to mimic the gun barrel from the cartoon).

I don't have too many criticisms yet. I do think he feels a bit cheaper than Soundwave (the only other Siege figure I own). Soundwave feels super sturdy and durable. Megatron...a bit less so. But not too bad. I also feel like he has some clearance issues involving his tabs, but maybe that's just because I'm still getting used to transforming him. Also, I sort of wish his fusion cannon was maybe 10% bigger. I was tempted to get the Earthrise figure because I liked the bigger cannon, but I'm satisfied with this.

At this point I'm assuming everyone who wants this guy has him...but if you're still on the fence, I'd recommend him. He's a great looking figure, and he's a lot of fun so far. ALL HAIL MEGATRON!

• Like Like x 4