WFC Siege Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream 91, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Defender of Ed-Land

Just got this toy and it is pretty crappy. What I assumed would be of the second wave has so far turned out to be the polar opposite. I anticipated a good Ironhide toy and a substandard Prowl but this Ironhide is extremely floppy and full of issues.

Aside from the prior mentioned looseness, the first thing wrong is that he always seems to be looking slightly up despite being the tallest Deluxe of the line at the moment. He can't really wield his hammer in any visually appealing manner because he cannot hold it two handed in a dynamic way. It's too long as a gun to be wielded convincingly or dynamically. One of the panels won't click into place in his vehicle and robot modes. And, yes, he has extremely loose joints.

He does have some things going for him. He looks cool (obviously.) The transformation is pretty quick, simple and effective giving the impression that he can transform in a snap in battle. He can be a mule for a POTP Matrix by placing one down vertically just the right way. Ironhide is also pretty big — almost as tall and wide as Shockwave, which is quite impressive for a Deluxe. He is actually about a head taller than my on-hand Alpha Bravo—so, a hulking dangerous bot. His vehicle mode also scales well with Prowl's and Hound's but predictably shit with TR Hot Rod.

But it's still another entry into a mediocre-for-its-price line. Maybe Ironhide will grow on me and I will find better weapons, but this toy being straight up near Skullcruncher levels of floppy and riddled with QC errors (as it is raved about, Siege was supposed to got rid of those) do it no favors.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got unlucky with your figure, try exchanging it for another Ironhide, from all of the reviews I’ve seen he’s amazing. I got mine last month and can’t put him down. I wish you better luck with your figures though.

3. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Not a Zaku

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That really sucks, since most people have almost no issues with their copies of Ironhide and Ironhide is a pretty good figure. Maybe you just a an isolated bad copy, and you may have better luck with another copy.

4. Delta-Raven

Delta-Raven Well-Known Member

I just got Ironhide and I totally love him. My copy is also rock-solid! The leg panels are very securely attached. Guess I just got lucky?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I just gotta say. Siege Ironhide next to Titans Return Kup are a hell of a pair. I think I'm gonna buddy them up together on the shelf.

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I bought a second ironhide today since my original copy had such bad joints and other issues. So many people on here have been talking about how good he was, so i figured I needed to give him a second chance. I do love the character after all.

Anyways, even with better joints I don’t understand the love. The proportions are all wrong, especially at the hips (why is his crotch so long? The hips really need to be moved down). Everything else is using Transformers Energon proportions in a bad way.

The biggest issue, though, is that the construction is a massive reversion to PotP build quality. All the joints are pinned, rather than using better quality parts and screws. Not talking about the hollowness either, though it is a bit egregious at times (even the hands are hollowed our)

I want to like him so much, I’ve been hoping for a good ironhide for a long time.
    He doesn’t even keep the aesthetic cues that the other autobots (all their thighs are like a sheath around the hip joint, while ironhide’s isn’t.) such a disappointing release.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I will continue the praise and really find it hard to understand the hate. He looks awesome, with what I think are great heroic proportions. Super pose-able- the hips are loser than, say, Hound, but they aren't loose. Overall, one of my favorites of the line and maybe the best Ironhide we've gotten. Period.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In love with this thing! Will likely give it a slight paint touch up to add to the battle damage.

If you like the Bayverse forearm cannons you may like this. Used FOC Starscream's cannons.

Oh, and you don't need to remove them for transformation and his stock hammer-gun friction clips in between.

20190427_115834.jpg 20190427_115909.jpg 20190427_120702.jpg

If you want the cannons to show the top detail then yep, you'll need to swap 'em.
    20190427_120752.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  9. Wheeljack1768

Wheeljack1768 Active Member

My Ironhide is really loose, like really loose. But im liking it, it makes the figure more playable.

52B247F7-3FCF-4626-A193-4DB46BFF6D8C.jpeg Ironhide with Cog and Sixgun

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    You just blew my mind!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Veleno

Veleno Well-Known Member

Pleasantly surprised that the leg panels don't actually pop out so easily on mine. Overall I'm really happy with this guy, aside from the fact his hips are a bit too loose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I actually like mine more than I thought I would.

But that one panel that pops off when you look at it funny is no joke.

13. tfsafari

tfsafari TF Online Dealer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    First batch of 80-100 sets of Ironhide Gap Filler totally shipped out on May 10th. Hope u guys like it. Still some stock on shelf,check ROS-003 Siege Ironhide Gap Fillers.

A short video for instruction also:

• Like Like x 3
  14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My impression of this guy grew immensely after I finished fixing all the panel friction joints and reseated the head so it wasn’t looking up all the time.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Not a Zaku

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Same with me. I like Siege Ironhide out of the box, but the side leg panels fix really improves my experience with the figure. As much as I love this figure, the side leg panels really should've been done better in terms of QC or designed better in the first place.

16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Neat!!! Still fully transformable with those new hip pieces I assume?

17. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, they interfere with transformation, but all the other pieces don’t.

18. tfsafari

tfsafari TF Online Dealer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hey dude,gap fillers yes,but 2 hip extensions no.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Finally a decent Generations Ironhide. Really like this guy despite the simplicity. Can't wait for Ratchet.

20. Omega 0ne

Omega 0ne YF-21

I got Ironhide last month and I wasn't initially impressed. My copy's joints were as loose as a rag-doll and his leg panels would not stay pegged in. But, after I spent some time addressing those flaws applying several coats of Future, in addition to going over him with panel lining, I can say that my opinion has gotten way better. He's my least favorite among the WFC Deluxes that I own, but I still appreciate having him to fill out my Autobot ranks.

329 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 1