WFC Siege Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream 91, Mar 8, 2019.

1. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m super careful and I always seem to pop at least one panel. Thinking I’ll ream the holes a bit to make it better.

Also, yes, the wheels are the worst I’ve seen on a modern TF. They’re atrocious.

2. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This might help.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Goods:
    * Big and beefy for its price-class, just a bit short of Siege voyagers like Starscream and Soundwave.
    * Vehicle form seems adequately Cybertronian and evocative of the G1 van.
    * Good articulation, with only a forward/back on the ankle being an apparent omission.
    * Weapon is... interesting and versatile, though I wouldn't call it amazing. Ironhide gets along nicely

Less Than:
    * A few minor annoying aspects to the transformation, with the standout being the side panels that pop off easily unless you're careful (though modding the joint seems to help a bit too.)
    * Some rather obvious hollow spaces, like the chest cabin, which makes sense,but it kinda highlighted by the silver paint, and the back, which doesn't look very bad in person. The most bothersome are the backs of the forearms, which look RID or Cyberverse-level hollow. I suspect Shapeways gap-fillers will be popular.
    * The wheels/tires look really bland. Could've stood to have the hubs or tires painted a different color than the rest.

Overall: Definitely flawed, but after a decade or so perhaps the first G1-based Ironhide toy to get the feel of the character IMO (at a CHUG price point anyway)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Please by all means, if you see some, link us. That didn't bother me that much until someone pointed it out ha ha. I sort of get why they did it, they were trying to make Ironhide a taller deluxe, but at cose of some more solid parts.

5. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I took out a 2mm dremel drill bit and cut out the leg panel holes a little by hand. It helped the leg panels fit better. The problem is that the alignment in alt mode isn't great and that is what causes the panels to pop off.

The wheels are just terrible. Instead of having front and back wheels, all four are exactly the same but the front mounting holes are shorter than the rear, which makes the front wheels incredibly wobbly. At some point I might 3D print better wheels.

I still haven't got a Siege figure that didn't need some sort of modification out of the box.

6. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

It really looks like their should be an L shaped red piece that would clip on to the shoulders for altmode to continue the red panelling of the vehicle......, somebody please shape ways some

7. Spicytron

Spicytron Well-Known Member

Suggestion to fellow users that dont like his weapon, if you have CW leader Megatron, his gun (the one that is in two parts)
    goes well with Ironhide, with the missile section fitting on his shoulder and the smaller gun working for a handheld rifle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Oh good, I'm not the only one who sees it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    Here's my quick review

'CYBERTRONIAN ALT MODE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like this armored van thingy. LOVE the clear inspiration from The War Within's Ironhide design, although it'd be cool this had 8 wheels too. But as is, it looks like it's tough and built to last which fits Ironhide very well. It's also nice is that the red parts are actually molded in two shades of red which makes the figure visually a bit more interesting. I wish the feet had been integrated into the alt mode a little better though.

TRANSFORMATION:

Nothing ground breaking here, pretty straight forward. I do like how the canopy rotates at an angle to become the chest, which helps define that signature chest slope in 'bot mode. Maybe I got lucky again but I had no trouble with the legs panels falling off.

'BOT MODE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Bot mode is the better mode of two imho. He has great proportions, stocky build, big fists and feet which all fit Ironhide perfectly. The head sculpt is again awesome. Has that mixed CHUG aesthetic with a heavier G1 influence this time around. The back of 'bot mode is... not so good, being basically a sea of hollowness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Articulation is all around great, not Startscream great but for a Deluxe he has wrist rotation and a beautiful ankle tilt so I'm pretty happy.

The rocket launcher is quite meh. It's just at that awkward length that he has to hold straight-armed which doesn't look good with any pose really. But I have warmed up to the hammer configuration of this weapon. Probably I just need to get some Weaponizers to arm him up.

Overall Ironhide is an excellent Deluxe imo, and my experience with Seige has been two for two so far.

• Like Like x 19
  10. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I am very pleased with Ironhide. The weapon is a bit of a letdown but overall, I could not be happier to finally have a decent CHUG version of G1 Ironhide. The vehicle mode I like but the robot mode is the best depiction of G1 Ironhide short of the G1 MP. I had some panels popping off too but it's only a very minor nitpick that I can live with. Best part of Siege Ironhide is that he can actually look me in the eye without fan modding (compared to TFU 2.0 Ironhide). Now I am ready for Siege Ratchet!

• Like Like x 1
  11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Can his leg panels be pinned using the same technique as people are using on Siege Starscream?

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Will second this. Spun a drillbit same size as the holes by hand in mine and now the panels snap on nicely. Just a teeny bit needed cleared out.

13. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    I wonder if Hasbro got the inspiration from Mr. Strong character.

Could his head be made less obvious behind the windscreen in alt mode!

14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I reemed the side panels with a pin vise and went a step further with one side. I had reemed it a touch much so the panel was actually worse than before. But a quick shot with a hairdryer so I could crimp it a bit and now that one panel is beyond rock solid. Crazy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    transformers-war-for-cybertron-siege-WFC-S31-Battlemaster-smashdown-hammer-weapon_480x480.jpg
    With this
    e3545-soundwave-bot-mode-1538575242687.jpg
    And this!
    IMG_20190310_103657.jpg
    Maybe with this too IMG_20190309_115424.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  16. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else having trouble getting his canopy to sit flush in van mode? I squeezed as hard as I could and still it continues to pop up from the joint and will not sit right.

Attached Files:

17. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember many people making that comparison when it was first revealed. The canopies look similar, but that’s where it ends. I posted comparison pictures on page 2.

18. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine does that, too. If I turn his head sideways it seems to fix the issue, creating enough clearence for the canopy to properly close. Not super noticable, but kind of a pain.

19. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I felt like Ironhide really needed the pop of blue from his cartoon model. To test it before painting, I cut a blue post-it note to fit and put it inside his chest cavity. That worked so well now I'm not even sure I'll bother to paint it.

Ironhide 1.JPG
    Ironhide 2.JPG

• Like Like x 36
  20. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That... really does look good! I’m surprised it looks as good as it does considering it’s a post-it. Haha
    Nice, solid, no streaks or lines or anything you’d get with paint.

• Like Like x 5