WFC Siege Fan Vote 3 Pack: Holo Mirage, Powerdasher Aragon & Decepticon Impactor

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by payres, Sep 11, 2019.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Fan Vote Three pack has arrived here in Swindon courtesy of Kapow.

LOTS of photos, 3 toys, so I've gone Thumbnail for a change.

Box: what a nightmare! It tapers towards the centre! So it needs to be opened at both ends and two trays in card surrounds, consisting of one of the main deluxes plus bits of the Weaponiser/Powerdasher, slid out, one from each end.

image.jpeg

Here's the configuration they were in in package, all I did was add Aragon's guns to Impactor's shoulders:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And here's the three individual toys:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Aragaon

Cog, recoloured, with a new head.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Wrong Trousers time:

Mirage

Interesting.

Transformation:

Remove the gun and the missile launcher. Straighten the arms, to the sides, and the legs. Fold the shoulder pads down flat against the arms. Fold the hands back into the wrists. Bend each elbow 90°. Raise each arm 90° to the front at the shoulder. Fold each shoulder joint, and thus the arm, in 90° across the body bringing the flat side of each forearm together.

Pull down on the waist unfolding the spine concertinaed in the body. Fold the wheels out 180° to the sides of the body. Fold the head into the body cavity. Fold the spine down over the head.

Fold the feet down. Pull each leg about 45° out to the sides. Pull the front of each leg out to the sides and up: there's a piece of plastic connecting it to the knee. Fold the car wheels 180° out to the sides into the space vacated by the front of the legs. Bring the inside of the lower legs together to form the front of the car. Fold the front of the lower legs further back and in, ringing them together to form most of the middle of the body of the car.

Fold the back of the car forward onto the middle of the car: tabs on the rear of the middle fit into slots on what was the top of the chest while tabs on the underside of the arms fit slots on top of the middle of the body. Some gentle manipulation may be required to line everything up!

Peg the gun and missile launcher into the spoiler.

Here's what he looks like underneath:

image.jpeg

And the car mode:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Impactor

A proper, decent Impactor and he doesn't disappoint apart from the con symbol

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's the hand/harpoon/other weapons gimmick in action:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Transformation

Remove the gun, harpoon and any other weapons setting them all to one side.

Straighten the arms, to the sides of the body & the legs, which need tabbing together.

Game of two halves from here:

Rotate the head 180° degrees, open the flap on the back of the robot, fold the head in and close the flap. Fold the shoulder cannon inwards over the body. Fold both hands into the forearms exposing the 5mm sockets in the wrists. Raise each arm up at the front 90°. Rotate each arm 180° at the bicep swivel so the 5mm ports on the forearms face each other and the large round knubs on the forearms face up. Fold the chest up 90°. Fold each arm in under the chest so the shallow 5mm pegs face each other. Slip the gun between them so the shallow 5mm pegs rest in the 5mm holes on the side of the rear of the gun. Tab the chest into the forearms.

What you have now, if you've done the TF this way is the Tank Turret on legs!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Unhitch the rear of the lower body from the waist and fold everything south of their forward 90°, keeping the legs straight. Fold the feet 90° out to the sides. Fold he font of the foot down. Swing the side of each leg back 180° at the waist. Fold the feet in 90°, making sure the the rectangular hole in the back of each foot latches onto it's matching tab on the back of the waist.

Feet were a little reluctant to stay anchored to the back of the waist in tank mode the first time I TF'd it. However I sorted that by flattening out the legs and waist, there was a small bend at the hips first go.

And if you did this step first then Impactor is in the bath!

image.jpeg

Peg the harpoon, using the 5mm peg on it's underside, into the cannon but there's also enough room to use it's rear peg in one of the wrist ports either side of the gun.

Tank Mode: turret swivels and main gun barrel elevates: he passes the tank test!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here's what he looks like underneath

image.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  2. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Awesome! Would you say it's worth its asking price?

3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For 3 deluxe toys? yes.

For 3 deluxe toys, one of which is a repaint into an obscure character, one of which is a clear version of a toy due soon and one of which is another toy due soon with a new head and the "wrong" faction symbol? You Mileage May Vary.

I want all three Powerdashers, am a sucker for clear repaint and was really keen to get hold of an Impactor, so he answer was yet for me.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    do you have springer, and if so can we get some head-on shots of impactor and springer in a neutral stance? just want to settle how they scale together once and for all lol

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do,will grab you the pics in the morning when the light is better. But the top of Impactor's head is level with the top of Springer's shoulder pads.

EDIT

image.jpeg

So ....

Can you swap the heads between the two different Siege Impactors?

It looks like they're on ball joints so should just pop off, but the ball is rather tight on the Impactor I have. I tried to pop it off using a knife, but instead the plate the neck ball is attached to popped off. Seeing as he is identical between the toys, there's no reason you shouldn't just swap the head and neck plates as a unit.

Been playing with Mirage a bit tonight. He's growing on me. I'm liking the TF a lot: the legs become the front of the car, the chest becomes the rear which is mostly obscured by the spoiler made from the arms. Love the guns, especially the two part missile launcher, and love the positioning options between using holes in the hands or upper arm panels - which can be against the am or folded out to the sides - or each side of the head.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    is impactors chest purple plastic with yellow paint or is it yellow plastic with purple paint? if its purple plastic a magic eraser can take care of that con symbol

7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Purple plastic, the yellow is paint.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    awesome, thats good to know that the symbol can be removed without risking paint removal, means i can cancel my single pack impactor

9. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you elaborate on this removal process? There are a few tampo'd symbols I would like to remove but I haven't tried anything yet.

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    It’s a simple matter of just using a mr clean magic eraser, get it a bit wet and rub the area you want to remove the paint, takes some time and patience, but it won’t damage the plastic, just be wary of trying it on a tampo that is on a painted surface

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'll practice on a junker first

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Good luck! It’s the easiest and safest method I’ve found so far, hopefully you have as much ease with it as I did

13. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does Impactors right hand have the 5 mm port for the harpoon?

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Both hands do if I’m not mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  15. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They do, see the photos above!

Each hand has a 5mm hole in the fist for holding gun or harpoon, plus the hands each fold back into the forearm revealing a 5mm hole in what was the wrist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    They should use that simple gimmick more often. A lot of the early G1 autobots had fist launchers that accommodated other missiles, etc..

• Like Like x 7
  17. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely agree, and in addition that would help to fill in forearm gaps.

• Like Like x 2
  18. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't put the two new toys in the box down, they're fab, keep finding new stuff on them.

Hadn't realised Holo Mirage has a different head to Deluxe Mirage till I looked at the Wiki

Mirage Holo.jpg Mirage Holo Head.jpg Mirage.jpeg

He's also got far more 5mm holes than I found initially: In car mode it' really just the two on the spoiler, which end up on the sides of the shoulders in robot mode. But there's also one on the side of each knee, one on the underside of each arm and one on the top of the body either side of the head. Plus of course the one on the back for the backpack weapons and the ones in each hand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Is the Impactor head on the 3-pack Marvel or IDW? I'm not hugely familiar with the character, so I want to get the right one.

20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    3 pack is idw, single is marvel

• Like Like x 2