WFC (Siege, ER & possibly Kingdom)figures YELLOWING quickly

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Aug 23, 2021.

1. VKittyCat2023

VKittyCat2023 Medieval Weapons Enthusiest

The gray unpaintable plastic on my PF-WfC Optimus Prime seems to be yellowing, but it does not show up well in the pictures I took. IMG20230801170249.jpg IMG20230801170201.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Astrotanker

Astrotanker Well-Known Member

I think it is safe to assume every CHUG voyager mold in the Premium finish line will have a high rate of turning yellow damn , We'll probably never get a version of the Kingdom Dinobot mold that doesn't yellow.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I mean, if we are talking about racking up cost, the actual impact of flooding customer support is tying up resources and having them spend man hours resolving tickets. These toys cost them very little to produce. Giving you a new one is no problem, having to go through the process of doing so is another.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

I have very recently discovered the first example of a figure that I bought new starting to yellow - Kingdom Tigatron. Every other Danger Toy is so far still okay, and Tigatron has just started to go - I wasn't sure last time I took him down to mess with him, but his feet are now clearly different shades.

If I complain to Hasbro (which I may actually do next time I'm bored) the best that happens is they fob me off and send me deluxe Legacy Tow-Line or some other toy that I don't want. I don't get resolution or restitution, I just lose valuable time and then have to deal with a shitty figure I didn't ask for.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Mate you're already complaining about it on this forum you may as well do so to someone that can actually do something about it. Currently all you're doing is letting Hasbro take your money with no resolution.

• Like Like x 6
  6. SNDWV1984

SNDWV1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently opened the 2023 Skylynx reissue and I've yet to notice any yellowing. I was nervous too but one of my kids get going on about how Skylynx was her favorite character from G1 Season 3...

It is a phenomenal toy and definitely $80 worth of plastic in hand.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Hobart Paving

'Mate' I'm mentioning it once in context in a reply to someone, not complaining. No-one at Hasbro will do anything about it except possibly send me something I don't want. How well did your public tantrums complaints to Hasbo do? Did you achieve a satisfactory resolution? Did you get replacement figures? No.

You can keep their customer support team as busy as you like, but I guarantee you if everyone stopped buying their toys Hasbro would sort this out in three weeks flat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Bruv I've gotten replacement figures and Hasbro notes which batch and vendor the yellowing occurred in. It's not as simple as flipping a switch and suddenly all figures no longer yellow. They contract through distributors for raw materials to produce goods from and these contracts last years at a time the best they can do is note what materials had the effected issue via the batch and vendor codes on the figures. They can then figure out what occurred either in their factories or at the distributors that caused the chemical volatility in the plastics.

Or y'know you can complain here and guffaw at people going through the proper channels and get no resolution of your own. Dealers choice.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hobart Paving

Didn’t you say you got a Kickback after complaining about Rhinox? Not really a replacement- but better than nothing, I suppose. Did you have to send the Rhinox back to them?

I really don’t think long-term contracts would prevent Hasbro solving the issue if they really wanted to. There’ll be all kinds of caveats in there that would allow them to terminate/take immediate action if required. They know exactly what figures it happens to, and exactly what plastic it happens to. It’s been going on for years now, and all customers have had is a couple of vague mentions of the issue to try and sweep it under the carpet.

Anyway, I think we can both agree that it’s an unacceptable state of affairs and that Hasbro should be trying to eliminate it as soon as they possibly can. Apologies for being grumpy tonight, also - I’m as sick as a dog at the moment, but that’s no excuse. Hope you have a great day.

• Like Like x 5
  10. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is not the yellowing, Hasbro’s cheap hollow plastic syndrome is well known at this point. We are not around 2010 when CHPS started and some fans didn’t want to accept the current low quality trend of the Transformers brand.

Any one of us need to buy inferior products and that’s the reason why so many fans moved to 3P and KO products with better quality, something unbelievable in the past, how the hell a 3P or even a KO can have a better quality than the official products?

Not just fans started to stop buying official products, even casual fans and parents can see the current low quality an prefer not to buy official products. True is that this hobby is not even a shadow of what it was.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

And they have acknowledged that they know how much so many of us hate clear plastic because of the breakage issues.

• Like Like x 3
  12. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    I've gotten a Kickback so far, I've opened another ticket explaining the value difference betweenthe damaged figure and the replacement recieved. I had this happen previously where they sent me 2 Cores as a replacement for a Yellowed Tigatron and I just messaged them back about the value difference and received another 2 Cores which ended up with a greater value on my part.

I've not had to send any of my damaged figures back so far, even the ones purchased through Pulse. I do have to supply proof of damages and product information which can be located on the figure and/or the packaging.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Because they usually cost 3x the amount of an official retail figure?

I don't know what you're on about, in terms of articulation, engineering, and accessories figures are better than ever. We also have a much greater variety of products available at one time instead of just what ever show or movie is being promoted. The idea that figures are worse now because they're no longer plastic bricks with lights and sounds is ridiculous and yeah they're more expensive now but so is everything due to inflation. I'd take todays offerings of figures with focus on articulation, engineering, and accessories over yesteryear's plastic bricks bloated with electronics and gimmicks.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Astrotanker

Astrotanker Well-Known Member

The strangest part with the yellowing has to be that it's literally just Transformers thats turning yellow , none of Hasbro's other products are doing this as far as I know and no other toy manufacturer has a plastic discoloring issue. I have never truly thought hasbro was cheap until my kingdom Rodimus cracked on the windshield , ER Prowl and ER Ironhide cracking at the windshield hinges , and like the 10 figures I have that yellowed. They can make good products like back when Siege just began or back when deluxes were reasonably priced with missile launchers in 2010ish when they want to they're better then this , I wonder if Takara themselves are aware of the yellowing issue and how this will affect their japanese customers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  15. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Okay this is a doozy. I just got a response from Hasbro about sending me Kickback for Rhinox. They tried telling me that they had the same MSRP value which obviously was incorrect. I typed a message explaining this then went to find shop.hasbro.com links to prove the MSRP difference. Well when I pulled up Rhinox it had his MSRP listed as $24.99. I then checked the other Kingdom figures and not just Rhinox but a majority of the Kingdom figures had incorrect MSRP values. I proceeded to explain this discovery in my message in the hopes someone resolves it.

In the meantime be vigilant when contacting support and check shop.hasbro.com to see what they claim the MSRP is before they send you out a replacement!

• Like Like x 4
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I remember getting GI Joe Classified Storm Shadow (the first Cobra version) I was leery because the TF yellowing issue was just becoming more apparent. But after checking him, his gi is still bright white as it was first out of the box.

• Like Like x 2
  17. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Does anyone know what the Hasbro warranty on figures is? I was just told again by Hasbro customer support that my figure was outside the warranty period and I have no knowledge of it and can't find anything about it online. I also feel that the yellowing issue is an exception to the warranty if there is one as it's a manufacturer defect in the product.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the 1st time I've heard of a warranty.

• Like Like x 2
  19. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Same, I feel like this is something we as a community should know of at this point with the yellowing issue the way it is. I asked for more info on it from the Hasbro rep so I'll report back with anything I learn.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are more than likely speaking to customer service reps who have little to no power or ability to effect any kind of meaningful change. It sounds to me like they're giving you lip service at best, but you do you if it makes you feel better.

And there's no need for any of those reps to "run it up the flagpole," since Hasbro is already well aware of the issue.

• Like Like x 3