WFC (Siege, ER & possibly Kingdom)figures YELLOWING quickly

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question, and not one easily answered by Hasbro apparently. But I believe Hasbro Customer Care services any and all Hasbro products, so maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    Maybe marketing doesn't care so much since we bought the product and therefore they've done their job. But I can't help but feel that the designers could be just as irritated as we are that their work isn't staying in a state that they intended it to be in, such as the Tigatron that had half the plastic turn Bumblebee-bright yellow. While this whole issue has a huge YMMV factor, it's still not something that we are controlling/directly causing.

TBH I'd take a known truth rather than the not-solution that is Hasbro Customer Support™

• Like Like x 8
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well it is the only resolution there is, so what do you really expect them to say?

4. VerdantWind

VerdantWind Well-Known Member

Wow. So you didn't even get to choose which figures to receive? :wtf: 

Have they replied to you yet?

• Like Like x 1
  5. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Well even that isn't a guarantee as my Dinobot purchased in 2021 that just yellowed was apparently "no longer covered under a warranty"

Which, update by the way, I got a response after my follow up comment to this reply and they are going to send me out a replacement as a one time gesture but it's obviously not the figure that is damaged and I have no idea if it will be a figure of equal value as last time they sent me out 2 Cores as an "equal or greater value replacement" of a yellowing damaged Voyager.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    See above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NOBLExGAMER

News Credits:
    Hasbro executives probably don't care but the people pouring time and effort into crafting these figures absolutely care when their work isn't able to be appreciated by those they designed it for.

Nope, Hasbro offers support on all their products regardless of retailer.

• Like Like x 4
  8. VerdantWind

What an ass of customer care. :sly: 

"Here, have some random toys that we have extras of (which we don't guarantee if they'll stay in good shape in the future). We know this doesn't address your problem in anyway, shape, or form, but aren't we generous?" :wink: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Well-Known Member

Ok so.. anyone else's Ark nose changing to a faded yellow? I don't recall it being this color before... I could have sworn it matched the rest of the plastic... Clipped_image_20230721_212823.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Astrotanker

Astrotanker Well-Known Member

It's so over.......

• Like Like x 2
  11. AlvinC

AlvinC Making bad financial decisions

News Credits:
    It’s always been off colored compared to the rest. Looking at pics in the Ark review thread, I think it looks normal

• Like Like x 6
  12. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks for verifying!

13. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

@drmick I did consider mold release agents, because the areas discolouring are as far as I’m aware not areas receiving paint apps, so it’s possible something more potent than usual was used as it’s affecting a pretty consistent type of material too

• Like Like x 1
  14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I have my "danger figures" stored and still in the box for well over a year now. I should see if they changed much.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

Seconded- got mine new in box this year and that specific piece, and a handful of others, are that lighter color. The plastic is more pliable than the darker orange chunks so I think it's a slightly different kind, like the "unpaintable plastic" we often see on mainline releases

• Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous X

Anonymous X Well-Known Member

Old-timer here, but I remember when online US-based fans were having problems with the Transmetal flake chrome back in 1998, and Hasbro wasn’t able to provide exact replacements for damaged Beast Wars figures then either.

(I had unopened Transmetals whose chrome was flaking off, it was oddly comparable to the current issues with self-destroying plastics.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. VerdantWind

Interesting how they didn't do it back then as well (solve customers' problems).

I can see how it's a lot more troublesome to provide exact replacements back then when online retailing wasn't a thing, but how much money would it cost / how hard would it be, if Hasbro were to hire people to track down and order what customers are needing? IMO it's a matter of not willing to vs not able to provide top-tier customer service. Hasbro isn't a small company just starting out or anything, so they really have no excuses.

Speaking of Transmatels' chrome job, mine were fine until I accidentally (or did I do it on purpose lol) zapped the chrome with a mosquito zapper. It made a spark and now my Transmatels Megatron's dino mode nose has no more chrome :lol  :redface2:  :rip 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

They'll know how much it'll cost them to sort a problem out. Until they project they'll be losing more than the fix will cost through lost sales, they won't bother.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Genodectes

Genodectes Well-Known Member

Doing some collection sorting and here’s the latest on SG Starscream as he develops G2 colours….. D4F0E41D-D31C-4593-A859-889F4EC4956E.jpeg DC678D88-9D83-4AC1-9AA6-DF2BB19FB716.jpeg 0AE4F6A4-8CDB-4708-86C2-4C7C9521421D.jpeg 7E91AFE4-8A7C-4586-B82C-0F50C9D1EA59.jpeg A154EA0C-FF58-4838-9CFD-02976D01A65A.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  20. Astrotanker

Astrotanker Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Armada Prime is safe? I have not bought any Transformers in awhile

• Like Like x 2