WFC (Siege, ER & possibly Kingdom)figures YELLOWING quickly

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Aug 23, 2021.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    They are, they just can't go back and fix 2+ years of product that has long since left the factory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Are they? We’re still seeing new examples of this phenomenon on a regular basis.

• Like Like x 5
  3. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Make Soundwave Great Again.

20230219_142207.jpg

The color matching is almost spot on.

20230219_142907.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. Wreckneck

Wreckneck Well-Known Member

No, but the least they could do is reissue the problem figures without the problem. Or offer replacements for the buyer's offending figures.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Offering replacements is not a simple thing to do. They'd have to go back and get those molds run again and into their current production schedule. Not to mention how much potential for fraud there is with people claiming copies that they don't actually deserve.

It's really not as simple as "offering replacements".

• Like Like x 5
  6. Dremen_Solo

Dremen_Solo Well-Known Member

taking into account investigations into figuring out the issue, actually implementing fixes to make sure they work and overall product lead time. It still could be awhile before anything is actually fixed. I doubt Hasbro is just sitting on the their hands not doing anything about this. But at the same time, it would be investor suicide to come out and talk candidly about ongoing issues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oniconvoy

News Credits:
    However, the opposite is also true: if they had completed an investigation and corrected an identified issue, it would absolutely be financially sound to tell their consumers.

The fact that we’re 18 months in with defective product still hitting shelves tells me that they have chosen not to conduct a thorough investigation. Because identifying what’s being done differently in the factory compared to what was done a few years ago wouldn’t be that hard with a vigorous on-site inspection process.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Can you get a replacement from like Hasbro pulse if yellowing

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlvinC

AlvinC Making bad financial decisions

News Credits:
    The main issue would be if Hasbro has the item available in their replacement warehouse. I’ve told Hasbro about wanting a replacement for missing screws on a figure and a frozen joint on my MPM blackout and they would have sent a replacement IF they had it. Otherwise you’d have to send in the figure for a refund (not including sales tax)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jalen Gatton07

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    True

• Like Like x 1
  11. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I contacted Hasbro customer support regarding my yellowing figures. Initially, they wanted to replace only figures that are less than a year old, bur after some back and forth they agreed to replace them all, but if they don’t have the same toy, they’ll send something of equal value. I’m waiting on my shipping label to come in by mail. I’ll share more details when it’s all said and done.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oniconvoy

News Credits:
    Don’t get your hopes up. You’re going to get random figures back in exchange.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

That’s all completely true, and I understand that. In the meantime, however, Hasbro are continuing to release toys having seemingly changed nothing about how they’re made.

So taking into account investigations into figuring out the issue, actually implementing fixes to make sure they work, and overall product lead time it still could be a while before I buy a new Transformer made by Hasbro again.

Maybe. But that’s a Hasbro-shaped problem. I don’t care, and nor should I be expected to.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, I’m fully prepared for that. Got a few contingency plans for the ones I really want back, and some I don’t really mind getting something else in return. I’d feel bad selling these figured to other collectors, so I’ll let Hasbro have them.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    There is no excuse for this issue and the fact that it is known by Hasbro is ridiculous. We know a lot about the issue just based on what we've shared in this thread. Hasbro knows everything we've shared and more. They need to fix it immediately, no question.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    There's a lot of info in this thread, and a ton of speculation, but no one has ever stated the actual cause for certain. In fact very little is universally true about a lot of these figures and seems to me that finding the "fix" is going to likely be a bit more complicated than some here think it should be.

And like I said before, no matter how immediately Hasbro fixes the issue, it only fixes future product not yet produced, but not what's already headed out to store shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Jalen Gatton07

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yeah they said it will take two years to fix

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

What's already headed out to store shelves was produced after the issue became apparent, however. And is all potentially defective.

If they ever fix it. If Hasbro decide that sorting the problem out will cost them more money than the sales they'll lose because of the problem they just won't bother.

If everyone stopped buying transformers tomorrow because of the issue it'd be sorted in three weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    As already said, they have produced a lot of product after this was known. No one in this thread knows the exact cause, but what we do know is still rather extensive. We know when it started, what type of plastics are being affected, and we have provided dozens of accounts of how the issue is affecting samples in various climates. Couple that with the knowledge about changes to production or QC that Hasbro would be privy to, and I think it is incredibly fair to assume Hasbro can fix this. Whether they want to bother with caring about it is the real question.

• Like Like x 4
  20. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just disclose their condition when selling.

• Like Like x 2