WFC-S47 Direct-Hit & Power Punch(Battle Squad)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Jhiaxus666, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Jhiaxus666

Jhiaxus666 "gee, axe us"

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I didn't see a thread for these two so I decided to take a crack at it. I purchased these from a seller on Facebook. I know these aren't in retail yet seeing they're wave 4. I'm just going to get straight to the point. These guys are amazing. Such a nice update to the originals. No loose legs or parts that like to pop off easily. Transformation is simple. I'm guessing their weapon mode is some sort of rocket launcher, which actually looks halfway decent. With these being the first Micromaster combiner in the WFC trilogy. One can hope to see more teams made in the future.

20191016_043501.jpg 20191015_180206.jpg 20191015_180429.jpg 20191015_180247.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  2. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    How did I miss this review and how are people not gonna no crazy for these guys!? We have the coolest gimmick for micromasters so far and these look great! Real nice review, thanks.

Now we just need that confirmation that they are making the other combiner squads. 1 from each will be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine came in tonight, these are the by far the very best Micromasters, its is if the budget was drastically increased. Not only are the joints not popping off or loose, but there seems to be more paint on these than deluxes, amazing amount of paint apps and perfectly applied. I'm dazzled. Part of the reason I'm keeping my preorder for Astrotrain (he comes with a MicroMaster base) good news more military decepticons incoming. These really give me hope for a decent MicroMaster line. Pictures tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191025184058764_COVER.jpg 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191025191449669.jpg IMG_20191025_185238.jpg 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191025190857650_COVER.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  5. BombSquad

BombSquad Commander Broadside Proponent

News Credits:
    These guys looks so awesome. Hasbro Pulse needs to hurry up and list them! I hope we get more Combiner Squads in WFC.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got these guys today and I agree with the OP. They’re the best Micromasters so far. No loose legs. They look good. And both modes hold together just fine. Also not compromised by a clunky combined weapon mode (they have one but it’s just the truck flipped over, so easily ignored.) I hope all future Micromasters are like these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, very happy with these guys. Where's the pre-order for Singe?

8. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

That color scheme is awesome

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I’d have preferred Direct-Hit’s chest to have been purple like the original but I do like the extra paint to his vehicle mode.

954939A2-F4D6-4B6F-A25B-72C9EFD61E7E.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm... can't help but notice that they seem to have been designed to be able to function as independent vehicles if needed. Good for when little Timmy loses one, I suspect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope we see more combining guys including an ice cream truck pffft.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Ordered these yesterday.

I hope to see more Micromaster squad members in Earthrise. 10 Pack Wheel Blaze doesn’t count.

13. Shlockwave

Shlockwave a.k.a Moronmaster

News Credits:
    These two are my official foray into Micromaster territory and I am super impressed by their sculpting. They are fun little guys, with some cool alt-modes. The weapon mode is almost neat, save for the fact that your not really converting anything and you see the two robots lying exposed on the top. I like them enough that I may get some more Decepticon ones, and hope for a Decepticon Micromaster base/bot like Ironworks.

14. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

I love these two little guys. The combining gimmick is a fun one, and even their design and colors are a blast.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

They'll go great with Doubledealer!

16. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Direct-Hit & Power Punch:

Found these on Earthrise card yesterday, they're identical toys to the Siege version. Prefacing now that I'm not a huge Micromasters fan, this is only my 3rd set from the current line after the Astro Squad and Air Strike Patrol. At $10 a pop, these aren't interesting enough to be the entry-level Transformers, possibly why they aren't returning for Kingdom but honestly they wouldn't fit that theme anyway.

Direct-Hit & Power Punch hold together pretty well in both modes and have satisfyingly-tabbed alt modes. The combined alt mode is fine, the fact that they have split alt modes really sold me and they don't disappoint there. I don't know how I feel about Direct-Hit's alt mode having dark paint, it's not bad but it makes the combined mode odd. Power Punch's square individual mode doesn't really have windows, the silver on the front are more like panels, but it has a charming aesthetic to it this way. Direct-Hit's vehicle mode gets a sculpted little turret which is fun because by himself he'd be unarmed without it, not appropriate for a Decepticon.

Their combined weapon mode doesn't do it for me, the upside-down truck as a bazooka is awkward and clumsy and doesn't enjoy any real transformation. I could have gotten past that if they had even a hint of split weapon modes, and Direct-Hit just needed a blast effect point or two on his roof to have made that work since he already has a 5mm peg to act as a grip, but his only blast effect point is on that peg.

Their little robot modes are what you'd expect from Micromasters, nothing special robots with simple ball joints, but each has knee and neck articulation to make them a cut above. Their chest paint makes them a little more interesting and distinct from each other as they otherwise look pretty similar. Power Punch's lack of a face seems weird, put a nose in there between the eyes or something, it doesn't have to be THIS specific to the original - it's just a yellow blank face with a line running horizontally across. They hold together well, that's the big deal thing, and Direct-Hit has an actual transformation step where his feet fold out to become part of the truck.

Overall, they're ok but they don't dazzle me. B-