Minor/Repaint: WFC-S41 Barricade with Fixed Colors

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ZYXD, Dec 7, 2019.

1. ZYXD

ZYXD Shattered Glass Sharkticon

Having seen the promotional material around this figure and the artwork from Guido Guidi that it's based on, I thought I'd take the effort to give Barricade back the black forearms and upper waist that were advertised before release.

Using similar paint applications from Bluestreak and Smokescreen as reference, I painted the forearms a glossy black to match the rest of the black plastic and the waist a matte black to match the piece below. Overall, I gotta say this color scheme looks phenomenal with these additions.

20191207_161546463_iOS.jpg 20191207_161629536_iOS.jpg 20191207_161649582_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    He looks so much better

3. Idarmed

Idarmed Star Saber when

That looks awesome and just how I want to do it when I eventually get Barricade! What exact paints did you use, and did you do any disassembly?

4. ZYXD

Thank you! I actually used the same black paint for both applications - Sakura Pen-Touch's black marker is incredibly glossy, but a black Gundam Marker or a cheap jar of Tamiya gloss or semi-gloss black should do the job just fine. For the waist, I masked the whole figure and sprayed the black paint over with a coat of Tamiya Matt Clear, though if you don't already have a can of that then hand-brushing over it with a jar of the stuff or a Matt Black should work too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Looks good. Be careful when transforming, though, as the arm paint in particular may get scuffed. The waist should be ok depending on the order you transform the panels under the hood.

The feet are also completely black in the renders (again, replaced with lavender plastic). Not sure how far you want to go trying to match them.

6. Idarmed

Idarmed Star Saber when

Thanks for the help man!

7. ZYXD

Already had this figure transformed quite a number of times since the paint job with no signs of scratching, thankfully. The black paint is definitely durable and the transformation has just enough room so that there's no distinct friction between any parts.

Tackling the feet actually seems like a neat challenge, though it would definitely have to be applied by hand as I certainly lack the experience with pin-pushing necessary to isolate those parts. Thanks for the feedback!

8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
  9. ZYXD

Thanks for the heads up! Thing is, I actually have a dedicated pin-pusher already. My concerns aren't so much with the pin itself as much it is the plastic. I attempted to separate the feet on a copy of Smokescreen but the pin didn't even budge before the area around the pin turned bright white from the stress, so yeah I'm probably gonna hold back on doing that again